Breaking My Silence on Pastor Charles Jenkins....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, will you take the words of an Athiest? Here they are for you to consider.

Let’s go with your classroom analogy, this is the religious way of teaching.

In a Christian math class the teacher is saying, 2 + 2=5. The Christian teacher says its 5 because he believes its 5. His book says its 5 and if you don’t believe its 5 like HIS book says, then you are going to hell. Plus get mad at you and say you are not respecting the almighty god that says 2+2=5. In the Jewish math class its 6. Islam says its 7. As an Atheist, I reject the answers 5, 6, and 7. I want to live in a world where 2+2=4 or at least not get condemned for believing it.

That’s all. . .

That, sir, shows that you are religious as an Atheist.

I would like to offer my apologies if I offended you in anyway because as it has been said, humans are not perfect. If I made you feel uncomfortable it was more of collateral damage. If I really thought ALL Christians are dangerous, I would not have been married to one for 23 years. Also, when I called my father and told him what had happen he was mad at me. First, he said I should have been somewhere studying instead of wasting his money arguing about religion. He said I could have done that at home for free. Second, it was his velvet robe that I stole from his closet that was burned. :):

Sweetheart I was not offended nor is an apology needed for your post, not at all I was doing my Christian duties is all...making sure you knew that true follower of Christ aren't out to harm people but save souls I'm mad at that evilness that hurt you in the name of The Lord is why I went there!

Well, will you take the words of an Athiest? Here they are for you to consider.

That, sir, shows that you are religious as an Atheist.

I anticipated you were going to twist one of my posts around but that’s not the one I was expecting. Look back again when jag4life was commenting about “Helter Skelter” I defined religion as a noun. The adjective, religious, is defined as believing in a god or a group of gods and following the RULES of a religion. To me, calling an Atheist, religious, is like saying abstinence is a sex position.

Like I said, you are saying 2+2=5 because that is what you believe. If not, then maybe I’m not an Atheist.

Last edited:
I anticipated you were going to twist one of my posts around but that’s not the one I was expecting. Look back again when jag4life was commenting about “Helter Skelter” I defined religion as a noun. The adjective, religious, is defined as believing in a god or a group of gods and following the RULES of a religion. To me, calling an Atheist, religious, is like saying abstinence is a sex position.

Like I said, you are saying 2+2=5 because that is what you believe. If not, then maybe I’m not an Atheist.

shiftyclinton.jpg

The principal definition of religious is relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity. I don't know whether you are an Atheist nor what you believe 2+2 is. (Assuming we are using something larger that a quartile system, 2+2 = 4 by the way.) However, you do acknowledge that you are here, now in something that you refer to as reality. This is why I pointed out earlier that religion is first, last, and always PERSONAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back