BoomBox Classic 2019 Attendance

Attendance across the board on all levels of football has taken a hit. As for as JSU, we've hit 60k b4 in the last 10 years but previous administration would have some type of under count in the attendance. I remember I think in 2010 i know it was 60k for the JSU vs SU game and I think they reported 39000. You can go on youtube and see for yourself.

I never trust JSU reported numbers, I look at the crowd myself from pictures and videos and give my own estimate.

Dude when it comes to The Sonic Boom and Jukebox people will come see these 2 battle more than one time. Even the roger bros who were the MC's for Crankfest said they will be in attendance. In state rivals dnt matter none this week for neither school. Is all about Jsu and Su this week. Im not sure what world you are in but the Alcorn game is in Jackson and Bayou is 3 weeks away dude. WTF??? And this game is a very important game, couldn't ask for better timing of this game from a financial standpoint. I expect atleast 50,000. 15,000 from SU, 30k for JSU and 5k from casual fans. I marched in the boom, it will be 100 times brutal come game day than at crankfest. You would never understand being on the outside looking in. I remember the time SU sneaked in the stadium to already be in stands b4 the boom, which was the security guards fault. But you gotta love the pride from both schools. These 2 schools hate one another. When it comes to JSU and SU fans its all about showing up to show out, neither could care about the football team in a way that would effect them coming to game in droves. As usual a typical black person would find every reason for the game to not be successful versus the other way around. The hate is real in the swac. FYI Crankfest didnt have no more than 10k and that's stretching it by a large number. These 2 school represent HBCU's very well on a larger scale. Many people think hbcu's dnt have large fan bases.

We'll find out in a few days. The last really good one in Jackson was definitely 2010. And everybody knows the SWAC fans are the best fans in FCS football ... the SWAC has won the attendance record like every year in the FCS. But it's kind of hard to ignore that Jaguar Nation ain't as strong as they used to be ... they didn't sell out any home game this season, not even homecoming which is not the norm. A lot of SU alums and fans have been moving further away from Baton Rouge which makes it harder to get to games as often ... that's what I think it is.

2016 was a good one too. 2010 is extremely hard to live up too. That game changed that stadium. If you went to that one, you can still feel the energy from it. It was a all time HBCU game.

I never trust JSU reported numbers, I look at the crowd myself from pictures and videos and give my own estimate.

We'll find out in a few days. The last really good one in Jackson was definitely 2010. And everybody knows the SWAC fans are the best fans in FCS football ... the SWAC has won the attendance record like every year in the FCS. But it's kind of hard to ignore that Jaguar Nation ain't as strong as they used to be ... they didn't sell out any home game this season, not even homecoming which is not the norm. A lot of SU alums and fans have been moving further away from Baton Rouge which makes it harder to get to games as often ... that's what I think it is.
The Home game schedules have been very lack luster these past years! Next year i expect plenty of sell outs due to the home slate. Watch and see

TSUgraytiger you can trust the attendance numbers with the current administration. Its usual dead on point. Every since Ashley became AD the crowds visually matches the recorded attendance.

Well based on the attendance for the last 2 games, we have a chance to break the FCS attendance record which is OUR ALREADY record of 38,873 set back in 1997. Right now we are at 31,206, with SU/Alcorn remaining and both are home games for JSU. Hopefully we can beak that record. It looks good not only for the school but the conference as a whole. And as for as SU fans leaving BR that can be said the same for Jackson and JSU. We saw a decrease in population of roughly 40,000-50,000 in last 15 years but that shouldnt stop people from coming BACK for HC. Your JUSTIFICATIONS/REASON are weird. There funny................lol

Last edited:
You can’t do anything but love the comredery and rivalry of this week.

Attachments

• 55CA2835-5A41-4BDF-B719-66F085BB23E7.jpeg
    55CA2835-5A41-4BDF-B719-66F085BB23E7.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DEC979A2-B273-4F3C-A3B6-3962858FC809.jpeg
    DEC979A2-B273-4F3C-A3B6-3962858FC809.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 13

the same way we associate trash to your campus

JaySBlue, when you started posting under the JaySBlue screen name, you were a staunch Haymer and SU defender. What happened? Who Are you loyal to? o_O

We don't. The same 20k that comes when we play yall in BR are in Jackson as well.
Git the hell outta here!!! Jaglietillhedie says yall have 40k RVs wherever yall go. And by my math, 40k RVs with 10 people in each RV equals 400k people that just sitting in the RV section. That's not counting the ones who travel in their cars. That's about 30k more added to that number.

JaySBlue, when you started posting under the JaySBlue screen name, you were a staunch Haymer and SU defender. What happened? Who Are you loyal to? o_O

“Rivalry aside” was skipped so you could use it to talk trash when you have nothing better to smack about lmao. Bet that arm hurting from all that reaching. Speaking of Haymer, Y’all got that money back yet? I’m pretty sure that campus could use it lmao

Last edited:
“Rivalry aside” was skipped so you could use it to talk trash when you have nothing better to smack about lmao. How bad does your arm hurt from that reach?

Look at the guy in the mirror, this isn't a reach, it allows you to see the fake person that you really are!

Look at the guy in the mirror, this isn't a reach, it allows you to see the fake person that you really are!

Im fake because I said “rivalry aside” .. oh goodness, who knew lmao. Since I’m “fake” what do y’all call Haymer and his red bottoms for all the money he stole from y’all? Savior? Master? Daddy? Lmao

Im fake because I said “rivalry aside” .. oh goodness, who knew lmao. Since I’m “fake” what do y’all call Haymer and his red bottoms for all the money he stole from y’all? Savior? Master? Daddy? Lmao

You fake! You don't know which side of the fence you want to sit on! If it makes you feel better, get Nasty to Like your post! :p

You fake! You don't know which side of the fence you want to sit on! If it makes you feel better, get Nasty to Like your post! :p

No answer Huh? Didn’t think so. You probably still got a little picture of Haymer in your back pocket you look at everyday and cry over lmao.

Back