Black College Coaching Changes for 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro. Askia said:
If James Bell does get the Ax, I wonder how high will the NCCU Offensive Coordinator, Darrell Asberry, (Who is a Jackson State Alum) be on the list as the next JSU Head Coach?

Take Care!

He is on the "Not to be considered" list.

I personally think that had he been successful at JSU and helped us win some championships that he was in-line to take over when Hughes stepped down.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
J state may as well wait until next year because whoever their choice is will probably also be a candidtate at TSU and Jackson State WONT match whatever TSU is offering.... Didnt they pay their new basketball coach 250,000 a year?

DAHILL said:
J state may as well wait until next year because whoever their choice is will probably also be a candidtate at TSU and Jackson State WONT match whatever TSU is offering....

Says who?

People don't seem to realize that we pay at JSU. Mason is probably the highest paid president in the SWAC. When Mason wants someone, he pays them what they are worth. An 85K coach will get 85K.

Tigerpride said:
Yes, please hire Jones and let the c**n show continue...LOL
Naw, you must be referring to that mess we saw on BET last week. CCC..... (c**n Coaches Classic). :emlaugh::emlaugh::emlaugh::emlaugh:

SAME OLD G said:
No he isn't.

I have already said too much.

Hey SOG, I said seems to be. Remember that's the perception alot GSU folks have put out there. I actually would hope you guys would look at more than just GSU alums. One thing I am glad Dr. Spikes did was cut out all the SUism and buddy-good ole boy thing when she hired Pete against Casem's pick of Cooley. One thing for sure is GSU president doesn't seem to get caught up in that. So I expect a thorough search. Fitz Hill is available now unless he has another job lined up or like I posted earlier that brother at UF would not be a bad choice either. Just my 2 cents. I know this is a sensitive issue and I am not in the know so I am just purely speculating like everyone else outside the GSU loop. Good Luck. The conference needs GSU to make a good decision on this. No JSU fiasco is needed. :smh:

JR said:
Hey SOG, I said seems to be. Remember that's the perception alot GSU folks have put out there. I actually would hope you guys would look at more than just GSU alums. One thing I am glad Dr. Spikes did was cut out all the SUism and buddy-good ole boy thing when she hired Pete against Casem's pick of Cooley. One thing for sure is GSU president doesn't seem to get caught up in that. So I expect a thorough search. Fitz Hill is available now unless he has another job lined up or like I posted earlier that brother at UF would not be a bad choice either. Just my 2 cents. I know this is a sensitive issue and I am not in the know so I am just purely speculating like everyone else outside the GSU loop. Good Luck. The conference needs GSU to make a good decision on this. No JSU fiasco is needed. :smh:
JR, trust as the Icon of BCF Grambling will make an appointment worthy of Tagliabue's statement as followed (you are right Judson is similar to Spikes in his vision).

Bro. Askia said:
If James Bell does get the Ax, I wonder how high will the NCCU Offensive Coordinator, Darrell Asberry, (Who is a Jackson State Alum) be on the list as the next JSU Head Coach?

Take Care!
Heck No!

Tigerpride said:
Yes, please hire Jones and let the c**n show continue...LOL

There ain't a bigger c**n in the Milky Way Galaxy than James "Chief Runnin' Clock," "One yard maker," "non-fifty crossin;" Bell!!

Bell is the most underpaid coach in BCF. He is the HC and DC and secondary coach for 85K. He is saving JSU 80K at least.

Tigerpride said:
Bell is the most underpaid coach in BCF. He is the HC and DC and secondary coach for 85K. He is saving JSU 80K at least.

...and costing you a hell of alot more than that!!

WHAT BLACK COLLEGE COACHES?????????????

THESE COACHES ARE WHITE GUYS IN BLACK BODIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE LEGAL TERM IS POOR PIMPS!!!!!!!!!!!

SWACSUNSHINE OVER THE WORLD!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
AAMU Alum said:
...and costing you a hell of alot more than that!!

That is why it is obvious that this thing is not about money. Mason said just last week that athletics (not football) is only 1% of his budget. Our attendance (though low on JSU standards) is probably still second or third in the SWAC.

Well WJMI (99.7 a Jackson Radio Station) reported that James Bell resigned yesterday. Can Get Ready Jtate93, or anyone comfirm this?

tierre said:
Well WJMI (99.7 a Jackson Radio Station) reported that James Bell resigned yesterday. Can Get Ready Jtate93, or anyone comfirm this?
I hope its true, but I doubt it. It would've been in the papers this morning. Just a rumor.......

jagface said:
Yea, that's what it is. How's your coach's contract? Is he content?

Maybe that is why you are about to lose the best coach in Black college football: you're more concerned with coaches at other schools and not your own.

If this professional relationship was a marriage I see someone being served with papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back