Black College Coaching Changes for 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAC, the Cole brothers beat ya in Montgomery and you beat us in the SCG. We would have won that one if it wasn't for the fumble around your ten yard yardline.

Da_Sperm said:
Secondly, you guys will eating out of Bell's hand. Bell built the powerful running game at UNT (North Texas). That runningback coach got the benefits of Bell after he left and was picked up by Miss State.
Actually, Bell was the Defensive backs coach and DC at North Texas. He didn't coach the offense.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JSU/99 said:
Actually, Bell was the Defensive backs coach and DC at North Texas. He didn't coach the offense.

It went over you head........ :what:

HORNETSWARM said:
MAC, the Cole brothers beat ya in Montgomery and you beat us in the SCG. We would have won that one if it wasn't for the fumble around your ten yard yardline.

We could have beaten ya'll in Mongomery. That was Bruce "Almighty's" first start at QB. Technically we won that game. BTW we have played against Cole Bros. more than once and beat them. Again I say we don't need them.

MACHIAVELLI said:
We could have beaten ya'll in Mongomery.
No yall couldn't have. ASU had over 600 yards that day.

And truth be told, yall should not have won in Bham.
We were better than you.
But the refs were on your side that day.
:shh:

mighty hornet said:
No yall couldn't have. ASU had over 600 yards that day.

And truth be told, yall should not have won in Bham.
We were better than you.
But the refs were on your side that day.
:shh:

Yet the final score was 38-45. We won both games. I think Darnell just fumbled again.

MACHIAVELLI said:
We won both games.
huh?

btw, speaking of fumble, who in da world ever heard of a ref "inadvertently" blowing his whistle during a kickoff return that a certain team had fumbled. But all of sudden, because of that whistle, it's not a fumble anymore.
still shaking my head at that travesty.

take the "gift" and be happy Mach

mighty hornet said:
And yet you still needed the refs help.

but I digress,

it's 2004 now.

My team is doing quite well. How about yours?
:p
Concentrate on Valley..the Devils are your only chance at the SCG.

ummm GSupe,
If Bell whooped gram, you know deep in your heart that a real offense like ASU's will absolutely destroy gram.

btw, is it true that Bell actually led you 19-0?????

:smh:

mighty hornet said:
ummm GSupe,
If Bell whooped gram, you know deep in your heart that a real offense like ASU's will absolutely destroy gram.

btw, is it true that Bell actually led you 19-0?????

:smh:
LOL. Yup, but even great empires/Icons like Rome, Achilles, Grambling fall! The good thing is our triumph lives forever!

GSUper,

I know you will be glad after this season is over. 2 out of your next 3 games are going to be real ugly. Good luck on the coaching search (I feel so bad for Spears and really thought he would be a good one).

JROCK said:
GSUper,

I know you will be glad after this season is over. 2 out of your next 3 games are going to be real ugly. Good luck on the coaching search (I feel so bad for Spears and really thought he would be a good one).
Can not agree with you here. We have the talent to win. To say playcalling has been a thorn in our side is an understatement. I have been on the road the last five weeks watching the G-MEN (with the exception of a GT game), and progress has been few and far between. However, I am looking forward the Bama St. game because I want to see our secondary tested. Look out for Lewis Carter (soph) and Fassit (out of Kennedy in N.O. -- soph) in the BC. Our Dbs are stronger this year, but the seven in front on inconsistent.

Gram will put a good product on the field for the BC. I am shocked that SU feels this one is in the bag knowing the emotion and civil war intensity of this game.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
GSUperTiger said:
Can not agree with you here. We have the talent to win. To say playcalling has been a thorn in our side is an understatement. I have been on the road the last five weeks watching the G-MEN (with the exception of a GT game), and progress has been few and far between. However, I am looking forward the Bama St. game because I want to see our secondary tested. Look out for Lewis Carter (soph) and Fassit (out of Kennedy in N.O. -- soph) in the BC. Our Dbs are stronger this year, but the seven in front on inconsistent.

Gram will put a good product on the field for the BC. I am shocked that SU feels this one is in the bag knowing the emotion and civil war intensity of this game.

I will be tuning into this game. It will tell a lot about GSU progression. Bama State is a double threat. They can run the pill and pass it. That 6-6 WR is going to be a load. The reason why so many Jags are pretty confident is we are loaded on offense and I don't think anyone in the SWAC will be able to stop both the run and the pass. S.U. will come into the classic with a power run and finesse game. The ball will be passed to as many as 6 wideouts. Two of those wide outs have 4'3 speed.

JROCK said:
I will be tuning into this game. It will tell a lot about GSU progression. Bama State is a double threat. They can run the pill and pass it. That 6-6 WR is going to be a load. The reason why so many Jags are pretty confident is we are loaded on offense and I don't think anyone in the SWAC will be able to stop both the run and the pass. S.U. will come into the classic with a power run and finesse game. The ball will be passed to as many as 6 wideouts. Two of those wide outs have 4'3 speed.
You ought to know what teams can do when they have nothing in which to play. Gram had the better talent each decade in 2G, but that magician on SU's sideline pulled out his rabbit. Hopefully, some wtich cast a spell on ole Merlin.

I usually have watched SU a couple of times by this time of the year, but I have not seen Ricks and crew yet. Despite, the four freshmen starters on offense (QB, RB, and WR) for Gram, defenses have not shut us out. I am expect a nailbiter -- SU has as many holes on D as we do, and the obvious is usually not the result.

none of Gramblings db's will be able to keep up with a healty James Vernon.Plus Pete is our coach.Plus Grambling players are scared to death of Southern.

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
none of Gramblings db's will be able to keep up with a healty James Vernon.Plus Pete is our coach.Plus Grambling players are scared to death of Southern.

Vernon is a good receiver, but actually Grambling's two corners have the speed and athleticism to cover any receiver..but the key to pass defense begins up front and the coverage scheme. It should be interesting from the standpoint of Vernon versus Fassit or Carter athletically.

I dispute the "players being scared of another player" observation. No true competitor fears another athlete. They may respect a guys ability but they
actual fear does not enter into the equation. It all comes down to game planning and play calling. In that area, we have been lacking in recent games against SU. Personally, I feel that our best chances are to control the tempo of the game and not try to get into a shootout that puts undue pressure on our freshman qb. SU is suspect against the run...Gram has two quality runners (Kuuan and Mayes) but are often utilized improperly.

IF DR. THOMAS DIDN'T GET CANNED GOING 0-11 I KNOW DR. BRISTOW WON'T LET HIM GO AT 8-3. DAMN!!!! JUST WISH WE COULD HAVE FINISHED AT TOP OF THE EAST. CONGRATS ALABAMA STATE

CHEROKEE said:
IF DR. THOMAS DIDN'T GET CANNED GOING 0-11 I KNOW DR. BRISTOW WON'T LET HIM GO AT 8-3. DAMN!!!! JUST WISH WE COULD HAVE FINISHED AT TOP OF THE EAST. CONGRATS ALABAMA STATE
7-4 :cool:

MAC, the Cole brothers beat ya in Montgomery and you beat us in the SCG. We would have won that one if it wasn't for the fumble around your ten yardline.

We want that "High Octane Big Play Offense" and nothing less. Let's bring back the great one in Minnesota and his other half that resides in the far west.
:D :D :D :D :D :D
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:
:gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift:

First of all, there has been several top-tier black assistant coaches is very interested in coaching at HBCU's. Recently, hbcu's has had hired either former National Football League or Division 1-a assistants as head football coaches i.e. Charile Coe, Rod Broadway, Al Lavan, Deiondri Clark, L.C. Cole, Kenny Phillps, Buddy Pough, Billy Joe, Theo Lemon and former Alabama State and Tennessee Head Football Coach L.C. Cole. We all know that these big-time pwc's schools isn't all that interested about hiring African-American as their Head Football Coach.

Secondly, Jackson State definitely need to rid themselves of hopeless James Bell and company. Like i said, in previous post there is nothing wrong going after these top-tier Division 1-a assistants either. Tigers Football need to hired somebody that knows about passing attack. The passing games isn't c**n-ball at all..

Finally, I believe Jackson State Football need to give the job to after Wade Streeter or former Alabama State Head Football Coach Houston Markhem....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back