Black College Coaching Changes for 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about going after former North Carolina A&T Aggies Head Football Coach Bill Hayes. Hayes is outstanding defensive minded coach and knows how to big a winner.. But He must hired good offensve coordinator that knows how to pass football like current Alcorn State Offensive Cooridnator Jon McKenize. How about going after Florida Gators Assistant Head Football Coach/WR's coach Dewayne Dixon. He knows plenty about offensive football and heck of recruiter as well...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
BlackCaesar2k5 said:
What about going after former North Carolina A&T Aggies Head Football Coach Bill Hayes. Hayes is outstanding defensive minded coach and knows how to big a winner.. But He must hired good offensve coordinator that knows how to pass football like current Alcorn State Offensive Cooridnator Jon McKenize. How about going after Florida Gators Assistant Head Football Coach/WR's coach Dewayne Dixon. He knows plenty about offensive football and heck of recruiter as well...

Do you know they turned down their own Alum John McKenzie to choose Bell. Well I guess what they get. We are really enjoying McKenzie at Alcorn. Maybe they should look at someone that has been in the SWAC and knows about SWAC football.

ASU2002 said:
Do you know they turned down their own Alum John McKenzie to choose Bell. Well I guess what they get. We are really enjoying McKenzie at Alcorn. Maybe they should look at someone that has been in the SWAC and knows about SWAC football.

Mckenzie is a good coach. I don't know what happen at JSU with him. But they seem to not care for him too much. Well at least some folk don't on this board. I think he would make a good HC. He did okay at Del State. He just had nothing to work with most of the time. Maybe he will become a candidate again when they get rid of Bell. For the 80-85k they pay for a HC. They will not have too many choices.

I believe Grambling could possibly offered the job to current Oklahoma Wide Receviers Coach Kevin Sumlin. He was former offensive cooordiantor at both Texas A&m and Purdue. Then again, I wouldn't be shock why Grambling fatihful mention the of Fobbs. Because he also have ties to legendary Eddie Robinson. What if Grambling State offered the job to former NFL Great and current Grambling Offensive Sammy White..

BlackCaesar2k5 said:
I believe Grambling could possibly offered the job to current Oklahoma Wide Receviers Coach Kevin Sumlin. He was former offensive cooordiantor at both Texas A&m and Purdue. Then again, I wouldn't be shock why Grambling fatihful mention the of Fobbs. Because he also have ties to legendary Eddie Robinson. What if Grambling State offered the job to former NFL Great and current Grambling Offensive Sammy White..

Doubt they will offer it to Sammy. Fobbs seems to be their choice. I can't think of any other ex GSU players to have interest. Former Raider Willie Brown at this point is probably too old. Charlie Joiner's name has been rumored a few times. The GSU president is an oursider. So who knows who he might have in mind. Should be interesting.

pimpnbb said:
If a HBCU AD recommends the Coles to his President, the President should fire the AD on the spot!!!! And if a President hires either of them, the President should be fired on the spot by their Regents.

Give the Coles two years and your school will be under NCAA investigation by year 3.

I would love to hear how you came to this conclusion. I can assure you of one thing: It wasn't from looking at the facts in the ASU case.

1. The only thing McKenzie has going for him at JSU is that he's an alum. His head-coaching record isn't good and he's a decent OC at best. That doesn't qualify him to be our headcoach. If we just have to have an alumnus, it should be Fred Jackson(Michigan) or Harold Jackson(Baylor).

2. Bill Hayes is too old to be our coach. We're not into re-treads.

3. I've always thought Kevin Sumlin would be good at JSU. If Grambling got him I'd be pissed.

4. Dewayne Dixon is an intriguing name, don't know much about him though.

6. Our next coach doesn't have to know SWAC football, just football period. Bell's problems don't stem from his background. It stems from his personal stubborness and overall inexperience as a head coach. If he were somewhere else where they had time to be patient with him, he might turn out to be ok after a while.

JSU/99 said:
If he were somewhere else where they had time to be patient with him, he might turn out to be ok after a while.
interesting.......

seems that Bell's on the field performance (game time decisions, and record) still hasn't convinced you that he's not a good coach.

mighty hornet said:
interesting.......

seems that Bell's on the field performance (game time decisions, and record) still hasn't convinced you that he's not a good coach.
Apparently you didn't read my statement. No one can look at our team and not see some improvement from last year. And before you start, i meant the overall season, not just the games you saw. I've seen enough good out of Bell to know that he's not the total lost you guys make him out to be. Bell might be ok if he continued to learn and improve. Unfortunately for him, he probably won't get that chance at JSu.

mighty hornet said:
Don't think I'm trying to make fun of you, just trying to understand your point.
I never took it that way.

mighty hornet said:
huh?
Please explain that.
Being a coach, especially in college, is about more than gametime decisions. Bell recruits well, his teams are diciplined and he really emphasizes player development, both on and off the field.

JSU99,

I agree Jackson State Football need to hired somebody that knows football. I was simply saying that JSU Football should named Bill Hayes as the Head football coach and hired Jon Mckenzie as offensive Coordinator. Then again, There's nothing wrong about trying to lure Michigan Wolverines Asst Head Football Coach/RB's coach Fred Jackson. Michigan Wolverines runs offesne that is almost silimar to the New York Giants.

BlackCaesar2k5 said:
JSU99,

I agree Jackson State Football need to hired somebody that knows football. I was simply saying that JSU Football should named Bill Hayes as the Head football coach and hired Jon Mckenzie as offensive Coordinator. Then again, There's nothing wrong about trying to lure Michigan Wolverines Asst Head Football Coach/RB's coach Fred Jackson. Michigan Wolverines runs offesne that is almost silimar to the New York Giants.

I don't think JSU can get Fred Jackson at this point. After Lloyd Carr promoted him to Associate Head Coach and gave him a raise, I doubt he will consider leaving. He would be an excellent choice though. I know some folks who are very close to coach Jackson and he was interested in the JSU job awhile back. It will take some loot to get him to come back South. He and his family have done quite well at Michigan. I think he is about 53 or 54 years old. So if he is going to be a head coach this will be the time. JSU will definitely have to be serious minded if they pursue him. His resume is outstanding. Baton Rouge native/ Scotlandville High grad.

http://mgoblue.com/coach_bio.cfm?bio_id=303&section_id=257&top=2&level=3

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
First of all, JR, I happen to agree that Fred Jackson would possibly make one fine goood Head Football Coach at Jackson State period. But you're right: it going to take lot of cash to lured him away from Ann Arhbor, Michigan. Then again, JSU could go after current Florida Gators Wide Receviers and Asst Head Football Coach Dewayne Dixon. He is an outstanding recrutier and has good resume as well.. Don't forget he's also protegee of Steve Spurrier. I think both Jackson and Dixon are soild candidates with impressive resumes. both of them has been around championship caliber programs as well. And would probably take the SWAc conference by strom...

BlackCaesar2k5 said:
First of all, JR, I happen to agree that Fred Jackson would possibly make one fine goood Head Football Coach at Jackson State period. But you're right: it going to take lot of cash to lured him away from Ann Arhbor, Michigan. Then again, JSU could go after current Florida Gators Wide Receviers and Asst Head Football Coach Dewayne Dixon. He is an outstanding recrutier and has good resume as well.. Don't forget he's also protegee of Steve Spurrier. I think both Jackson and Dixon are soild candidates with impressive resumes. both of them has been around championship caliber programs as well. And would probably take the SWAc conference by strom...

I think you are on to something with Dixon at Florida. Considering his head coach just got fired and it looks like the Univ of Utah coach will be coming in and probably bringing his own staff. This would be a good time for someone to go after Dixon. I am sure he is entertaining all calls at this time since he can't be sure if the new coach coming to UF will retain his services. JSU and others looking should probably take a look at getting him. He maybe less expensive than Fred Jackson. I would imagine he's making more money than Dixon at UF. So JSU would not have to put as much money. But it will still take them opening up the wallet more than they have in the past. I am sure Dixon will not come cheaply.

Actually there are alot of 1A black assistants out there that are ready to be a head coach. Our HBCUs need to start making some of those hires. Instead of the retreads.

Tenneesse State will probably fired Resse and replace him with current Tuskegee Golden Tigers Head Football Coach Rick Comgey. He know how to win championships.. Let's not forget that he did won NAIA National Title in 1995 at Central State. Also won SBN Black National Champions in 2000 with 12-0 record..

I heard rumors that Coach Jefferies might offer the Grambling state job to his former protegee Alabama A&M Head Football Coach Anthony Jones. Also there has been the mentioned of former NFL All-pro and current San diego Chargers Asst Albert Lewis..

BlackCaesar2k5 said:
I heard rumors that Coach Jefferies might offer the Grambling state job to his former protegee Alabama A&M Head Football Coach Anthony Jones.
Those rumors are a lie! Let me put an end to it right now.

If James Bell does get the Ax, I wonder how high will the NCCU Offensive Coordinator, Darrell Asberry, (Who is a Jackson State Alum) be on the list as the next JSU Head Coach?

Asberry graduated from Jackson State University in 1994 with a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice. He lettered two seasons as a quarterback with the Tigers, earning team offensive M.V.P. honors as a senior.

The Baton Rouge, Louisiana native went on to play professionally as a wide receiver and quarterback with the Shreveport Pirates of the Canadian Football League in 1994-95 and as a wide receiver with the Amsterdam Admirals of the World Football League in 1995-96.

After his playing days, Asberry worked as offensive coordinator, wide receivers and quarterbacks coach at Albany State for two seasons (1997-1998).

He then became the running backs coach at his alma mater in 1999, before earning a promotion for the 2000 campaign. As offensive coordinator at Jackson State (2000-2002), Asberry supervised the top offensive unit in NCAA Division I-AA, averaging 485 total yards per game in 2002. In 2001, the Tigers led the I-AA rankings with 344 passing yards per outing.

Asberry spent last season (2003 before his arrival at NCCU) as offensive coordinator at Coahoma Community College in Clarksdale, Mississippi. http://www.nccu.edu/campus/athletics/fb040104.html
Take Care!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back