Best Balanced Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

Originally posted by solophone96
Ya'll cats from SU are off the chain. This whole thread my boy mello has been trying to give ya'll a compliment by saying you can blow, and ya'll wanna argue over who can play the softest. :shame:
But, see that's the thing....you think we're getting upset, when all we're doing is getting a point across.

As many mini-smack offs as I've had....I don't ever remember being upset.

When someone says....and, I quote.....
BE FOR REAL EVEN SOME OF YOUR OWN HAVE STATED THAT WHEN YALL ARE IN THE BAND ROOM HIS EARS RING THE WHOLE PRACTICE. DUDE FACE IT THE "S" IS A LOUD AS BAND EVEN WHEN TRYIN TO PLAY SOFT.

What are supposed to think? This person said nothing about the contrast between fff and ppp.....which is what s phi s explained.

Like I said....no one's upset. We already live on the opposite side of the fence, when it comes to band concepts.....so elaborate.

And, yes.....we are good. :nod:

only straight up "L" i recall since I've been in is '96... and thats because Prof wouldn't let us play. SU and PV both were trash at Reliant(2002), we dugg in ya'll arse in 2000, and in '98 we wreck the whole first half... if it wasn't for TJ we would have finish ya'll punk arse off on the field. Go sale that "wiped your arse" ish to Gram... the Storm raise real ni--as!!

"BATCH"

only straight up "L" i recall since I've been in is '96... and thats because Prof wouldn't let us play. SU and PV both were trash at Reliant(2002), we dugg in ya'll arse in 2000, and in '98 we wreck the whole first half... if it wasn't for TJ we would have finish ya'll punk arse off on the field. Go sale that "wiped your arse" ish to Gram... the Storm raise real ni--as!!

"BATCH"

Ok I've heard enough BS for the evening goodnight

BATCH!!!!

98????

I must admit PV was bringin' heat in '98.....but then the Jukebox crunk up that "They don't dance no mo'" and it was over, my friend. I won't even talk about "This is for you"....:eek2:

ya'll SU cats have ya'lls heads so far up ya'lls arse that i bet yall can see the the isht that ya'll talk out the side of your necks. Ya'll are good but not invincible by far. I've challenged and SU cat before and needless to say, all he could say is "U don't want none" so ya'll could grow up and get over it bc the superman act is old.

"BATCH"

Why you wanna blame what happen in 98 on TJ?:confused: I was right next to TJ...But anyway that's another topic.

I was in 96 band, we did get off in yall arse....And it wasn't because you all didn't play much, get over that.

98...YOU just don't know the what we was about unleash in that 2nd half have that incident had not accured.

I agree 98 PV's band was way better than 96 edition, but dude the lil we played brought complete smoke across that field..I which I good post video shots on here... MY LAWD, when we played the "This is For You"... the tape is on PV's side right in front you all band, and we the S is on the total oppiste corner at the top....WHEN I TELL you we woke that MDAA FUGGA UP!!!!:eek2:

PV was our best competition we faced that year... wish we could have finished it.

I didn't even reply to this topic. Who's the best balanced band? Had I heard more of J-State this year instead on or two tapes or clips I'd put them in the running. But I'ma go with SU and PV. Which do I think is better? Neither, their sounds are pretty much that different. Same as if I compared SU and JSU. And in '98 both bands were bringin smoke. SU had a lil better song selection and the battle didn't even finish. Leave that game as undecided. '96 I was sitting in the band at the Wridge right across from SU. That wasn't pretty.:D

"BATCH"
Man, the herb you be smoking on must've had a strong arse root.

This is hilarious.

that blueberry...........or some purple haze.............white kush.........aw my bad..................:D :D :D :D

Originally posted by SUtrp96
Why you wanna blame what happen in 98 on TJ?:confused: I was right next to TJ...But anyway that's another topic.

I was in 96 band, we did get off in yall arse....And it wasn't because you all didn't play much, get over that.

98...YOU just don't know the what we was about unleash in that 2nd half have that incident had not accured.

I agree 98 PV's band was way better than 96 edition, but dude the lil we played brought complete smoke across that field..I which I good post video shots on here... MY LAWD, when we played the "This is For You"... the tape is on PV's side right in front you all band, and we the S is on the total oppiste corner at the top....WHEN I TELL you we woke that MDAA FUGGA UP!!!!:eek2:

PV was our best competition we faced that year... wish we could have finished it.

I agree the second half would have been pretty live... but come on man... 90% of the people at that game were SU fans and Alumni and we both know your crowd dosn't give it up for anyone but the Juke. Ya'll were blown' and had the crowd for a moment but as soon as we played that "Swamp" you crowded fell silent. All you could here was "ooohhhh". Now 96 was a pretty good band but I have to agree 98 was alot better. Now of course, if had I been on the side lines in 96 i would have said we were garbage.... but fact still remains the couple of songs we did play were fire. But why argue over that an "L" is an "L"....

swamp nigra was loud in 98 cause i was at the gramblin game in dallas.......... they tore gram a new azz!!!!!!:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

:cool: :cool: :cool: LETS LEAVE 98 IN 98 PLEASE. IN 96 YALL DID WRECK PV, BUT ONLY BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T PLAY. IN 98 IT WOULD'VE BEEN PRETTY CLOSE CAUSE BOTH BANDS WERE YACKING. IN 2000 WE DROVE YALL INTO THE GROUND(THEREFORE PROVING THAT YALL WERENT INVINCIBLE), BUT TRUTHFULY WE WANTED YALL'S MELLOS, BECAUSE FOR THE LONGEST YALLS MELLOS DID INFACT HANDS DOWN RAN THE SWAC.
UNTILL 97 MY CRAB YEAR OUR 11 WAS READY BUT WE DIDN'T SEE YALL. BUT WHEN 2000 CAME THE MAGNIFICANT MELLOS WAS REEEAAAADDDY FOR YALL TO PROVE THAT YALL MELLOS WASN'T THERE ANY MORE AND WE DID THAT. NOW SINCE 00 YALL MELLOS DID GET BETTER AND HELLA BETTER DUE TO SOME CRAB PROBLEMS WICH I TOTALY FEEL YALL. 03 CANT WAIT BECAUSE BOTH SECTIONS WILL BE READY. I GOT MAD RESPECT FOR YALL PROGRAM BECAUSE YALL BREED SOLDIERS LIKE WE DO AND SO DOES THE BOOM.

CO/97 MAGNIFICANT MELLO-----PHONE P.S. SOLOPHONE CALLL ME SQUARE.

Originally posted by mellopower97
IN 2000 WE DROVE YALL INTO THE GROUND(THEREFORE PROVING THAT YALL WERENT INVINCIBLE),

BUT WHEN 2000 CAME THE MAGNIFICANT MELLOS WAS REEEAAAADDDY FOR YALL TO PROVE THAT YALL MELLOS WASN'T THERE ANY MORE AND WE DID THAT.
:smh:....that's so false.

:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:
HOW IS THAT FALSE EVERY BODY AT THAT GAME STATED THAT WE DROVE YALL HORNS INTO THE GROUND GOT IT ON TAPE. EVEN SOME OF YALL BANDMEMBERS(WHO ARE FROM HOUSTON SO THEY KNEW WE WOULD SEE THEM IN THE HOOD I.E. DESMOND FROM YALL TRUMPET SECTION ADMITTED THAT WE HULLED YALL MELLO'S, AS A MATTER OF FACT THAT SAME NIGHT ON THIS VERY SAME SWAC PAGE AND I QUOTE"PV'S MELLOS SHINED THE WHOLE NIGHT AND REALY IS THE BEST IN THE SWAC" END QUOTE . THAT WAS IN 2000. BELIEVE THAT CUZZ.

CO/97 MAGNIFICANT MELLO-----PHONE
TO THE EAST MY BROTHER TO THE EAST
A WISE MAN ONCE SAID THAT IT TAKES A BIG MAN TO ADMITT DEFEAT.

HOW IS THAT FALSE EVERY BODY AT THAT GAME STATED THAT WE DROVE YALL HORNS INTO THE GROUND GOT IT ON TAPE. EVEN SOME OF YALL BANDMEMBERS(WHO ARE FROM HOUSTON SO THEY KNEW WE WOULD SEE THEM IN THE HOOD I.E. DESMOND FROM YALL TRUMPET SECTION ADMITTED THAT WE HULLED YALL MELLO'S, AS A MATTER OF FACT THAT SAME NIGHT ON THIS VERY SAME SWAC PAGE AND I QUOTE"PV'S MELLOS SHINED THE WHOLE NIGHT AND REALY IS THE BEST IN THE SWAC" END QUOTE . THAT WAS IN 2000. BELIEVE THAT CUZZ.

OK....sure. :rolleyes:

I was there taping. So, I know the deal.

My tape is from SU's side....but, I make it a point to visit both sides, and hear both sides of each band's story.....especially, in the AtticDome. The only song that was doing any damage (that actually made it to SU's side)....was "Big Ball'n". Point blank.

Just because you out number a section....doesn't mean you "handled" anything.
'
PV's Horns being the best in the SWAC that year? That's pushing it....but, I respect the confidence.

I feel all the P.V.& S.U. rivalries were tight, but the 2 songs that stuck out in that game when the fight broke out was that fanfare that SU Played and shortly after P.V. blew Swamp Nigg, but the only problem I had with the tape I got is that dude kept shootin them wack as drummajors from P.V. but both schools were trying to match loudness, but of course S.U. prevails

"Words Of Wisdom from a Non-Fraturnal person"
D.G. "U Know My" Steez

Honestly

Honestly, I would have to go with these bands in the top 10 as well as "Overall Band Sound......" (John Graham)

1. (FAMU)- Florida A&M are very unstoppable when it comes to any ballad or march. They have a nice dark and sweet sound that no black band can't match. They sound like a marching concert band.
2. (UAPB)- I'm not being biased neither. In Band Camp, Graham spends that whole first week working on Balance & Blend. Like that person said earlier, "From the Tubas to Piccolos." Graham works on sound first, then music second.
3. (TnSU)- I'd to say that TnSU also have that nice dark and rich sound when it comes to ballads & marches. I'd like to say that it comes from those Marching Euphoniums, Dynasty F Horns, and King Tubas.
4. (NSU)- Norfolk State University also a great sound. I saw their season tape from last year and they showed they heck out of me. I remember when NSU sounded like pure NESS. Paul Adams is doing a tremendous job over there.
5. (JSU)- Seems like to me that Jackson is going down as far as that band sound. I remember when used to be up there as far as the overall band sound. It seem like that JSU is now trying to shoot for power instead of musicality. But I ranked them at #5 because they still have that spunk.
6. (PVA&M)- They are in the same boat with JSU, with the exception of traveling. PVA&M doesn't hardly travel outside of the state of Texas. For them to be such top ranked band, they need to get out Texas and make it to Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, & Louisana.
7. (KSU)- Quiet as it kept, Kentucky State is slowing moving up the latter. They may be small, and not powerful they also have a nice. I've seen KSU since 2000 and they are slowing but surely moving up the latter as far as band sound. People hate to give them their props because of who they are, so I am.
8. (BCC)- Bethune Cookman College has gone down since I last saw them, but just like Jackson thy still have spunk and got a chance to move back up.
9. (Southern)- I've heard Southern play some ballads and they were nice for the most part. As far as overall, tuning is terrible. Come on Southern, say it with me "Pull your tuning slides out." You guys play extemely sharp. As far as overall power and loudest sounding band, you guys get #1, but in this topic........ NO!!!!
10. (NCA&T)- They have their ups & downs. They are not a steady band as far as sound, but the have the band that make it up the latter as well. Power wise, I think when they play Southern, that's going to be a good power match up.

This my opinion.

Re: Honestly

Originally posted by Mr. Phreeze
2. (UAPB)- I'm not being biased neither. In Band Camp, Graham spends that whole first week working on Balance & Blend. Like that person said earlier, "From the Tubas to Piccolos." Graham works on sound first, then music second.

9. (Southern)- I've heard Southern play some ballads and they were nice for the most part. As far as overall, tuning is terrible. Come on Southern, say it with me "Pull your tuning slides out." You guys play extemely sharp. As far as overall power and loudest sounding band, you guys get #1, but in this topic........ NO!!!!
:goof:....Im sorry....I gotta say sum'n.

:rolleyes: ....either, someone didn't read the topic....or they're just plain ignorant.

Pine Bluff more balanced than SU, TnSU, JSU, BCC and PV? Uh....No!

Most balanced......yet, while having decent b-tones and f-horns....PB had 12 t-bones and weak arse trumpets. Very ballanced, indeed. :nod:....:smh:

And, if we're talking about balance....why are you talking about SU's volume and tuning?

I respect opinions.....but, da*n! That's just plain rediculous. I don't care if you spent your whole band camp working on balance....you can't do it with 12 t-bones and weak trumpets. Well, atleast, PB couldn't.

And once again....I ask you Simpleton's what does PV's supposed lack of travel have to do with us being a balanced band? Where have you been for the last few years? And what does travel have to do with balance or sound? More Bluffian logic.

Get a clue......We are talking about BALLANCE here. NOT TRAVEL. And if we were, you STILL wouldn't have an argument or a clue.

Re: Honestly

Originally posted by Mr. Phreeze
Honestly, I would have to go with these bands in the top 10 as well as "Overall Band Sound......" (John Graham)

3. (TnSU)- I'd to say that TnSU also have that nice dark and rich sound when it comes to ballads & marches. I'd like to say that it comes from those Marching Euphoniums, Dynasty F Horns, and King Tubas.

I say you can scratch this one. I went to the PV vs TnSU game last year. Now TnSU does have a nice rich sound but their trumpets were definitely not keeping up with the rest of the band. So I can't see them as a balanced band.

CO/97 MAGNIFICANT MELLO-----PHONE
TO THE EAST MY BROTHER TO THE EAST
A WISE MAN ONCE SAID THAT IT TAKES A BIG MAN TO ADMITT DEFEAT.

Man you made me think about that clip when PV blew Try Again :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

I'll keep what else I heard on that clip to myself for now though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back