Best Balanced Band

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with s-phi-s FAMU, PV, got a very nice balance to them.

In my opion also does JSU, UAPB, BAMA STATE, and a very brassy SU, for southern to be brassy and play every thing at a fff they do have a balance sound that i cut for.

P.S The Boom does have a lot of trump funk. Doc should let like 8 of them play horn then maybe the Funky Horns could get noticed instead of diminishing or not even be heard. I cut for da boom a lot though. VERY FUNKY VERY FUNKY

CO/97 MAGNIFICANT MELLO-----PHONE
TO THE EAST MY BROTHER

Su as far as balance I dont know yall wonder where we come from with having power all of a sudden, But we wonder where do yall come from with a "tuned " band this year because in the past that was not the case. And we had this year okay we have more people that is all that is with more people comes more power.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by INSTAUGATER
Su as far as balance I dont know yall wonder where we come from with having power all of a sudden, But we wonder where do yall come from with a "tuned " band this year because in the past that was not the case. And we had this year okay we have more people that is all that is with more people comes more power.
:rolleyes:

Just Say "NO" to PUI.

TO THE CAT FROM J-STATE BRUH WHEN DIDI FUFU PASS MY BROTHER JUG-HEAD IN THE SOP DIDN'T TELL ME HE PASSED AWAY THAT WAS A PRETTY COOL DUDE AND A VERY GOOD DM AS WELL.

RIP SQUARE GOD HAS CALLED HIM HOME TO THAT MANSION NOT BUILT BY THE HANDS OF MAN.

BEHOLD HOW GOOD IT IS.

TO THE EAST MY BROTHER

Originally posted by mellopower97
I agree with s-phi-s FAMU, PV, got a very nice balance to them.

In my opion also does JSU, UAPB, BAMA STATE, and a very brassy SU, for southern to be brassy and play every thing at a fff they do have a balance sound that i cut for.

P.S The Boom does have a lot of trump funk. Doc should let like 8 of them play horn then maybe the Funky Horns could get noticed instead of diminishing or not even be heard. I cut for da boom a lot though. VERY FUNKY VERY FUNKY

TO THE EAST MY BROTHER

Dude, know what you are talking about before you speak.....SU doesn't play everything at fff. Check that.

BE FOR REAL EVEN SOME OF YOUR OWN HAVE STATED THAT WHEN YALL ARE IN THE BAND ROOM HIS EARS RING THE WHOLE PRACTICE. DUDE FACE IT THE "S" IS A LOUD AS BAND EVEN WHEN TRYIN TO PLAY SOFT.

BE HOLD HOW GOOD IT IS FOR BROTHERS TO DWELL IN UNITY(SHORT VERSION)

BE FOR REAL EVEN SOME OF YOUR OWN HAVE STATED THAT WHEN YALL ARE IN THE BAND ROOM HIS EARS RING THE WHOLE PRACTICE. DUDE FACE IT THE "S" IS A LOUD AS BAND EVEN WHEN TRYIN TO PLAY SOFT.

BE HOLD HOW GOOD IT IS FOR BROTHERS TO DWELL IN UNITY(SHORT VERSION)

Bra.!!! Do not play with my intellegence...I marched 4 years in SU band.....If I say we don't play everything LOUD ...YOU better respect that...Don't sit here and DEBATE this shat with with me dude......

You FACE you don't know what the fugg you are talking about...

Originally posted by SUtrp96
Bra.!!! Do not play with my intellegence...I marched 4 years in SU band.....If I say we don't play everything LOUD ...YOU better respect that...Don't sit here and DEBATE this shat with with me dude......

You FACE you don't know what the fugg you are talking about...

Get over yourself. A man is entitled to an opinion.

...and, you took that comment out of context and ran with it.

If SU plays 5 of our most powerful songs (ex....."Blood On the Dance Floor", "Can You Feel It", "Hate Me Now", "Hay In the Middle of the Barn", "I Like")...then, plays 5 ballads....your ears will still be ringing from the first five songs.

That's more-or-less what "my ears were ringing all practice" means.

No matter how many ballads the "S" has.....the ballads will always be outnumbered by cut-throat power songs. So, more times than not...after practice, if you've been in the band hall the whole repetoire practice...your ears will be ringing.

Have you heard "Love Wouldn't Count Me Out" by Brandi? Maybe "I'd Rather" by Luther Vandross? Or Sweet Love by Anita Baker....or, "For You" by Kenny Latemore(sp)?

If the answer is "yes" to any of those...then, how could you say that, and expect someone not to say something?

Blade..I feel ya 100%, and you are correct. But even you know that even your ballads have some blow to them. It comes with the territory being as brassy a band as SU.

LIKE S-PHI-S STATED IT IS MY OPION. DUDE YOU ACT AS IF IM BASHING THE "S". IN 1995 DIDN'T YALL PLAY SOME DISNEY SONG AT THE CLASSIC. IN 1996 DEBRA COX WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE (THOSE DAYUM MELLOS AND TRUMPETS DANG) I MEAN YOU DO PLAY BALLADS AND AT SOME POINTS THEY ARE AT A F OK BUT BY THE END OF THE SONG IT IS AT A FFF. SOME SONGS YALL JUST SAY **CK IT AND START THE SONG AT A FF I.E TWISTED IN 1996(THE WHOLE DAYUM BRASS SECTION WAS OFF THE CHAIN)LOL

CO/97 MAGNIFICANT MELLO------PHONE

TO THE EAST MY BROTHER

LIKE S-PHI-S STATED IT IS MY OPION. DUDE YOU ACT AS IF IM BASHING THE "S". IN 1995 DIDN'T YALL PLAY SOME DISNEY SONG AT THE CLASSIC. IN 1996 DEBRA COX WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE (THOSE DAYUM MELLOS AND TRUMPETS DANG) I MEAN YOU DO PLAY BALLADS AND AT SOME POINTS THEY ARE AT A F OK BUT BY THE END OF THE SONG IT IS AT A FFF. SOME SONGS YALL JUST SAY **CK IT AND START THE SONG AT A FF I.E TWISTED IN 1996(THE WHOLE DAYUM BRASS SECTION WAS OFF THE CHAIN)LOL

CO/97 MAGNIFICANT MELLO------PHONE

TO THE EAST MY BROTHER

I feel u but we really don't play everything FFF I think how powerful we are tends to overshadow the fact that we do use dynamics just as much as the next band.

Psycho, I don't think he was questioning the use of dynamics (see "I'll Make Love To You" from the PV-SU 94 marathon battale). You probably use contrasting dynamics more and possibly better than any band in the SWAC. But for the most part, it ends up louder than everybody else's.

Originally posted by s phi s
Psycho, I don't think he was questioning the use of dynamics (see "I'll Make Love To You" from the PV-SU 94 marathon battale). You probably use contrasting dynamics more and possibly better than any band in the SWAC. But for the most part, it ends up louder than everybody else's.

Ur right.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by s phi s
Get over yourself. A man is entitled to an opinion.

I been over myself lil one. He didn't act as if it was an opinion...He was stating it as if it was a fact..AND I am saying it is NOT!!!!!

Like O'blade said....."I rather" stays soft!!!

"Sweet Love" 97' amd 99' Stays soft......

Yall go to PV, go look at the tape from 96 when we played
"Let it Flow" Stays soft!!!!!!!!! THERE IS NO POWER PART WHAT SO EVER!!!!

95 "I HATE YOU" NO POWER PART WHAT SO EVER!!!!!

I am about to F your head up.....Tupac's "I ain't mad at Ya" 96' NO LOUD PART......It stays soft!!!!!!!

There are more!!!

What it isyou really don't know the dept of our book each year, trust me it is rather LARGE!!!!!!!

Trust me some of those songs I listed are played much softer than what I heard FAMU on a number of their BALLADS.....

That's the ironic thing.....FAMU BLOWS the isht out of BALLADS... But since people "THINK" SU blows everything....SU automatically blows BALLADS.......

Just take my word since I BEEN there and done that at SU......Get over yourself thinking I am supposed to let dumb comments fly....

I have nothing against the dude, I just corrected him, and I don't feel like he had the place to challenge me being that 10 times out of 10 I know more about what is going on at SU then he would..

have a nice one.....

BATCH!!!!!!!

Originally posted by C-Murder
you left the batch out jarred..........just tryin to put my 2 cents in!!!!:D :D

I knew I forgot something...DAYUM....let me go fix it!!!!

LIKE S-PHI-S STATED IT IS MY OPION. DUDE YOU ACT AS IF IM BASHING THE "S".
If you're talking about me....I didn't treat you like that. Im just informing you on what's realy going on.

YOU played the "your own band member said...." card. Did you not?

There was no reason for my blood pressure to rise, when YOU were dead wrong about SU. This "SU plays everything loud" thing is not new to me. Im used to it.

Bottomline.....
SU massages all stages of dynamics. And, alot of times, that's what SU strives to reach on ballads. But, folks choose to try and hold SU's power against them (for what? don't know). When, first off.....they like it too (and, they should....the Jukebox is here for everyone to enjoy :D )....and, two...eventually, they strive to have that kind of power in, atleast, one song in their book.

Originally posted by O'Bladerunner
If you're talking about me....I didn't treat you like that. Im just informing you on what's realy going on.

YOU played the "your own band member said...." card. Did you not?

There was no reason for my blood pressure to rise, when YOU were dead wrong about SU. This "SU plays everything loud" thing is not new to me. Im used to it.

Bottomline.....
SU massages all stages of dynamics. And, alot of times, that's what SU strives to reach on ballads. But, folks choose to try and hold SU's power against them (for what? don't know). When, first off.....they like it too (and, they should....the Jukebox is here for everyone to enjoy :D )....and, two...eventually, they strive to have that kind of power in, atleast, one song in their book.

Just like the Lakers...they gotta find something wrong with the best...
"Kobe and Shaq can't both be the captain" So fuggin what they still winning

"SU plays everything LOUD"... all that is, is something to make the next person feel like they have atleast something on SU..

It's just for their security!!!:rolleyes:

That's cool. Me personally, I never said that y'all play everything loud. I even said that you probably use dynamic contrast more and better than any band in the SWAC. I am far from a hater and far from a batch. I heard each of the songs you mentioned and I agree. You all played soft for you all. I don't profess to know everything about your band (probably wouldn't care to, the same as you would feel about mine). It looks more like you are trying to convince yourself rather than me. You all claim that natural brassy power for anything else. Well what I'm saying is simply a by-product of that. Yeah you played soft, for you. I never said it sounded bad. It's just not as soft as other bands. But it contrasts well with your power.

Once again, I say get over yourself and realize when somebody else gives you a compliment. Can't nobody else toot ya horn cuz you too busy tootin' it ya dayum self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back