Best Balanced Band

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's relative. If u like brass and funk SU is the band for u. If u like alot of trumpets and woodwinds JSU

"Balanced".....

For the desired instrumentation the balanced bands to me would be SU, FAMU, and JSU.....

You are right, it is relative. I would go with JSU (although their horn section leaves something to be desired to me), SU (they balance across the band, just louder than others), FAMU, and PV.

With those bands, most of the time they have a good balance across all sections and one particular part doesn't just stick out like a turd in a punchbowl.

I don't think that JSU is balanced. They have like 50+ trumpets, 10 b-tones, 8 mellos, 15 bones, 22 tubas, maybe 50 woodwinds. That's not balanced. They should add more lower brass and mellos to blend with the trumpets, cut down on the trumpets, or move some of the trumpets to b-tone and mello.

Originally posted by PsychoJag
I don't think that JSU is balanced. They have like 50+ trumpets, 10 b-tones, 8 mellos, 15 bones, 22 tubas, maybe 50 woodwinds. That's not balanced. They should add more lower brass and mellos to blend with the trumpets, cut down on the trumpets, or move some of the trumpets to b-tone and mello.

I agree this year was to much trumpet heavy for them..I was surprised they did that, sound like a FAMU concept they were approaching...But FAMU have instrument (BRASS) added to the traditional B-tone, T-bone...that we don't account for, SO FAMU is able to have those additional trumpets...

But every other year except this past year, JSU sound is balanced through the entire band...

whoa, psychojag, are u serious.........DANG, where everybody was at? smh @ 50 trumpets and 8 mellos, 15 bones??!!:confused: :confused: :confused: :eek2:

but my answer has really been given already, i feel that we(su),jsu(although with those numbers i wonder about them lately), and famu are well balanced.

Do some of these threads seem kind of redundant? It's the same answer to every question over and over and over and over....:(

Oh, sorry about the redundancy of the 'overs'....:rolleyes: :p

Will somebody please post a thread that allows people to 'THINK OUT OF THE BOX'! :idea:

Originally posted by ShyLadyTiger
Do some of these threads seem kind of redundant? It's the same answer to every question over and over and over and over....:(

Oh, sorry about the redundancy of the 'overs'....:rolleyes: :p

Will somebody please post a thread that allows people to 'THINK OUT OF THE BOX'! :idea:
My Buddy :wavey: It is gettin' a little boring.

Anyway,...and my thinking may be wrong. TO ME,... no band is instumentally balanced. However, as I said in times past there are some bands with more lower brass that upper brass. Sectional volume is what keeps a band balanced. Adjusting volume to a band's instrumentation.

If I had to choose between bands in the SWAC, I would go with JSU and PV.

Originally posted by Legend35
My Buddy :wavey: It is gettin' a little boring.

Anyway,...and my thinking may be wrong. TO ME,... no band is instumentally balanced. However, as I said in times past there are some bands with more lower brass that upper brass. Sectional volume is what keeps a band balanced. Adjusting volume to a band's instrumentation.

If I had to choose between bands in the SWAC, I would go with JSU and PV.

Hey Legend :wavey:

I was just venting for a moment.

Well balanced means that everything is on the same level. If all this is in place, then your sound would be exceptional as far as volume is concerned. Any particular section that is over blowing to create volume is...well, just not pleasing to the ear. :(

Originally posted by SUtrp96
I agree this year was to much trumpet heavy for them..I was surprised they did that, sound like a FAMU concept they were approaching...But FAMU have instrument (BRASS) added to the traditional B-tone, T-bone...that we don't account for, SO FAMU is able to have those additional trumpets...

But every other year except this past year, JSU sound is balanced through the entire band...

Lessee...proper ratio of tubas in a balanced band is 1:20...And the ratio of WW:Brass:percussion should be 10:7:1.

So, with 22 tubas my alma mater should be a band of around 440 with LOTS more WW...like those Tallahassee bands, FAMU & FSU.

Balance...Dass whut ahm talkin' 'bout.

imma be honest.....and not biased..but UAPB gets it and PV.they have and had a full balanced sound this year..brassy wise SU

I guess you dreamed up these numbers if we wanted more b tones and mellophones, I guess next you will say we need your music sheets.

***** please:mad:

JSU is fine the way we are and we are clean and sound good.

Note I did not say the best sounding ever.

To answer the question it really depends on what type of song that is being played, who arranged it and is it played correctly.

Numbers dont mean that much at all!

sweep around your own front door before you try and clean someone esles.

Originally posted by SUtrp96

:lmao: Please! every dam tread made becomes something negative and starts shhh.

Originally posted by 1995mobb
I guess you dreamed up these numbers if we wanted more b tones and mellophones, I guess next you will say we need your music sheets.

***** please:mad:

JSU is fine the way we are and we are clean and sound good.

Note I did not say the best sounding ever.

To answer the question it really depends on what type of song that is being played, who arranged it and is it played correctly.

Numbers dont mean that much at all!

sweep around your own front door before you try and clean someone esles.

Man shut the fugg up!!! Ya'll are not balanced so quit batchin and get the fugg!!!

Well then shyladytiger, you come up with some topics then..

It's just a question, you don't have to respond..

Originally posted by 98LastRip
Well then shyladytiger, you come up with some topics then..

It's just a question, you don't have to respond..

Well 98,

And there is also such a thing as redundancy........I wonder could this be why the TSPN server gets full and crashes? :idea: :rolleyes:

I bet you have seen the answer to your question in other threads, haven't you? Go on, admit it......:emlaugh:

And next time you start a thread, give YOUR recommendations...:idea:

My people perish for lack of knowledge. :smh:

TO those who thinks Pine Bluff has a balanced sound, I commend ya ears, cause at ecery band camp Graham stresses balance thru the band, "From the Tubas to the Flutes, and vice versa" words I heard every practice while in M4.

GBNF
D.G. "You know my" Steez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back