Bayou Classic in Houston...............Again???????

There will always be complaints, but the main thing I keep hearing from people who went whether Jaguars, Tigers or just people who have been to both is that it just didn't have that same feel. The amenities were great and the city took care of people, but it was just that feel that was missing and made a lot of people miss "The City" in general.

jag4life said:
The amenities were great and the city took care of people, but it was just that feel that was missing and made a lot of people miss "The City" in general.

You take someone out of their own home that they've enjoyed the last 30 plus years and put them in their neighbor's home; they won't be able to sleep peacefully and have comfort like in their own residence.

In otherwords: IT JUST AIN'T THEY OWN.

CLEB you are known as one who disagrees with ones views just to do it..You are so wishy washy its unreal..just because i don't post as much as the other TSPN GANG MEMBERS does not mean i am not aware of your behavior..if you want me to say houston is the greatest city in the world than keep on waiting..Houston is just now doing what many other cities have done..Had Katrina never happened Houston would have never experienced the Bayou Classic..I may be wrong but that is probably the highest attended black college football game in Houstons history..and the thing about Houston wanting a winner, LIES! When TSU, a few years ago had a decent football team, TSU home games were not well attended..Even in 96 when TSU beat SU and GSU in the same year the fan support was not there..you said it was coach thomas, he is gone so now whats the problem..HOUSTON is your problem..TSU as a whole has bent over backwards for Houston only to get little or no support..

PVJAGUAR said:
CLEB you are known as one who disagrees with ones views just to do it..You are so wishy washy its unreal..just because i don't post as much as the other TSPN GANG MEMBERS does not mean i am not aware of your behavior..if you want me to say houston is the greatest city in the world than keep on waiting..

:confused: Dude, I don't even rank Houston in my top 5 favorite cities. You have me misunderstood. I am not advocating Houston as the MECCA of football, baseball, badmiton, chess or shuffleboard (actually, I could care less). AND I agree, Houston is not a sports town! Let me repeat that, I, C-LeB28 does not believe or remotely assume that Houston is a sports town.

Houston is just now doing what many other cities have done..Had Katrina never happened Houston would have never experienced the Bayou Classic..

Wow... really... never would have known this shocking revelation.

I may be wrong but that is probably the highest attended black college football game in Houstons history..

Not only are you wrong but dead wrong. The Space City Classics (Texas Southern vs Grambling) have beat last year's BC attendence numbers to where it can't even be compared.

and the thing about Houston wanting a winner, LIES! When TSU, a few years ago had a decent football team, TSU home games were not well attended..Even in 96 when TSU beat SU and GSU in the same year the fan support was not there..you said it was coach thomas, he is gone so now whats the problem..HOUSTON is your problem..TSU as a whole has bent over backwards for Houston only to get little or no support..

You are referring to the ever-famous 2000 "Smoke & Mirrors" year when we went 8-3. We ended the season with losses to Grambling, Morris Brown and Southern and to wrap it up by beating Norfolk State in San Diego something like 15-6 with no momentum going into the next year and we followed that 8-3 season with a 3-7 season in 2001. Hell, followed that up with a 4-7 season in 2002.

Dude, Bill Thomas was the problem but when you follow him up with another "Bill Thomas" who is not the right fit for the team what do you do then?

Get a grip man. You can't get me.

like i said i could be wrong, and i was.:rolly: about the highest attended black college football game..i am not wrong about Houston hosting the Bayou Classic..so i respect your views and really don't give a rats butt how you feel about mine..just because i did not sugar coat and water something down for you sensative thugs that catch feelings, does not bother me at all! so get over it and have a great day..:flamethro

Race Matters: Southern vs. LSU
Down in Baton Rouge (and throughout the South) the old adage still holds true. ?The more things change the more they stay the same??especially when it comes to race related matters. However, some would think that sports - even in the ?new? South - transcends race. Well guess again. [ Visit Website ]

Great read kenn :tup:

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
Man you know these SU chumps try to twist everything...DNice come get ya boys.

so nupe i got a few pennies where is that collection plate..hold up your sign that reads " I am GRUMBLE and i selling my azz to a PWC for little or nothing; okay I am telling a story, I am Eddie Robinson and I need 2 tickets to get into the game"

Back