Bayou Classic in Houston...............Again???????

Panthro said:
I ain't mad atcha'. Just finish and get that degree. That's ultimately only what matters. Good luck to ya'.

But, you know that you can sit on the winners side this year as the purple and gold :swink: team is gonna' win it in the heat.

Dehydration and depth send help! :what: lol

Just remember SU is not JSU!! lol...good luck to both teams..

PVJAGUAR said:
Just remember SU is not JSU!! lol...good luck to both teams..

From where we're looking, SU is prime JUST like JSU did (is ;)). We're taking no prisoners this fall brah. If all goes as planned, we're gonna' exit the bus throwing bombs vs pounding the ball. :| And.... we're gonna' <b>TURN'EM LOOSE</b> on D! :what:

Bob Hughes send help! lol

Panthro said:
From where we're looking, SU is prime JUST like JSU did (is ;)). We're taking no prisoners this fall brah. If all goes as planned, we're gonna' exit the bus throwing bombs vs pounding the ball. :| And.... we're gonna' <b>TURN'EM LOOSE</b> on D! :what:

Bob Hughes send help! lol

Do you know of any good hotels in Birmingham?

Storm96 said:
Do you know of any good hotels in Birmingham?

Nah, not yet. When you find Panther HQ, please, let the rest of us know!

PVAMU, 2006 SWAC West champs. (sounds good don't it?)

PVJAGUAR said:
thanks panthro...but PV is on the right path to success and i just thought it would be nice to let them in on some ideas..SU has been great to me and i am fortunate to have been able to grace both fine universities..though i have a problem deciding what side to sit on when they meet..i am not mad at all about the decisions i made to start at PV and finish at SU....

You can sit on that hill by the scoreboard at Tully........LOL

jag4life said:
But really... the Super Bowl was great here as was the Classic, but the NFL will give a Super Bowl to N.O. again before giving one to Houston. They have been passed over twice already since the last one (bids went to Tampa and Miami even though Miami has one coming up anyway).

You know that is all politics toward McNair (Texans Owner). He has made enemies of those small profit teams and they have made a concerted effort not to award him another SuperBowl until they get a bigger piece of the pie. McNair has become a hardliner with some of their concerns and is paying the price for not getting another SuperBowl. Everyone from all the teams, media and fans has said that the SuperBowl that was held in Houston was one of the best by far. You can't find any real objections to the facilities, nightlife, hotels and cost of items here.

Just like the NBA has done the NFL will reward New Orleans with another SuperBowl just to be doing the right thing for financial recovery. Just wait until those contracts are up and you will see the Hornets bolt for OKC and the Saints be eother sold or moved to L.A.

Stern has already said the Hornets won't be allowed to move. I hope the Saints are sold but to someone who will keep them in N.O.

Fiyah said:
Just like the NBA has done the NFL will reward New Orleans with another SuperBowl just to be doing the right thing for financial recovery. Just wait until those contracts are up and you will see the Hornets bolt for OKC and the Saints be eother sold or moved to L.A.

I didn't want to be the bearer of the bad news to his logic Fiyah but I'm glad another Panter did. Don't forget about the New Orleans/Utah Jazz.

It would be easy and ignorant of me to say that simply that New Orleans simply couldn't sustain a professional franchise but owners and politics get in the way (i.e. Bud Adams with Houston).

People need to understand that Houston didn't get awarded another Super Bowl because of just what you mentioned, McNair played hard ball and he lost this round. Another example is saying that the second largest viewing market in America (Los Angeles) can't sustain a NFL franchise when we know the same factors come into play as what was listed above.

In essence, the "Houston can't support the Bayou Classic" is gravely incorrect.

Say it again C-Leb. The statement that Houston can't handle the BC is just ignorant.

C-LeB28 said:
Houston can't handle the Bayou Classic? :confused:

I guess the NFL (SuperBowl), NBA (All-Star game), MLB (All-Star Game) is too-small time versus the BC. :rolleyes:

Cleb and Fiyah,

Some folks from "The Boot" speak on blinded knowledge. I too hope that the BC returns to NO, because that is it's rightful place, but without a doubt H-Town can host any major sporting event with no problems at all.

The city of Houston, has unlimited financial resources in the form of corporate $$$'s. This is something that the city of NO and the State of LA, does not have. When Houston hosts an event, the city does it first class.

The Superbowl was a huge success, as well as the Baseball and NBA All-Star games.

The unlimited corporate sponsorhip, is really what sets the city of Houston apart from NO.

TruBluJAG said:
Cleb and Fiyah,

Some folks from "The Boot" speak on blinded knowledge. I too hope that the BC returns to NO, because that is it's rightful place, but without a doubt H-Town can host any major sporting event with no problems at all.

The city of Houston, has unlimited financial resources in the form of corporate $$$'s. This is something that the city of NO and the State of LA, does not have. When Houston hosts an event, the city does it first class.

The Superbowl was a huge success, as well as the Baseball and NBA All-Star games.

The unlimited corporate sponsorhip, is really what sets the city of Houston apart from NO.

TBJ...don't put the dumb [edit] from down South on the good thinking ones from up north.

Hell....I didn't go to the classic last year and disagreed with it being in Houston, but I am not going to be a fool and say Houston can't hold them people...

TruBluJAG said:
Cleb and Fiyah,

Co-Sign. H-town is a major city period. It can host anything pretty much. To say it can't is just well...............

Houston can hold it but it wasn't designed as a party friendly city....with major venues being stretched out and the lack of a fast way to get around outside of car will always be the city's drawback

the band fan said:
Houston can hold it but it wasn't designed as a party friendly city....with major venues being stretched out and the lack of a fast way to get around outside of car will always be the city's drawback

That's the main difference. Tom Delay is out so maybe the rail will be expanded.

the band fan said:

McGinty they get on me like they use to get on you...i am from Houston, and i want the city to hold every major event it can..A superbowl in Houston and a Superbowl in The Big Easy? you decide, its already answered...we are trying to get where New Orleans has been...Houston has hosted 2 superbowls and N.O. has how many, more than we do. Houston was just happy to be in the World Series last year, I wanted to win da dang thang...a Bayou Classic in Houston can work, but it will never be what it is in NOLA! You Houston people paid all that money for that stadium and want everyone to help pay your bills..Houston don't support the Labor Day Classic the way it should...there is no reason why there should not be 40,000 in attendance every year..it took the Louisiana schools to show us that even in a year of tragedy they out draw us in our on stuff..

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
It deals with numbers slapnutts. :lmao: Any city that handles a bowl game of any kind can handle the Bayou Classic.
Right.......and I believe NO is handling the Sugar Bowl this year. So they should be able to handle the Classic.

PVJAGUAR said:
McGinty they get on me like they use to get on you...i am from Houston, and i want the city to hold every major event it can..A superbowl in Houston and a Superbowl in The Big Easy? you decide, its already answered...we are trying to get where New Orleans has been...Houston has hosted 2 superbowls and N.O. has how many, more than we do. Houston was just happy to be in the World Series last year, I wanted to win da dang thang...a Bayou Classic in Houston can work, but it will never be what it is in NOLA! You Houston people paid all that money for that stadium and want everyone to help pay your bills..Houston don't support the Labor Day Classic the way it should...there is no reason why there should not be 40,000 in attendance every year..it took the Louisiana schools to show us that even in a year of tragedy they out draw us in our on stuff..

Glaring differences between the BC and LDC:

State Farm promotes the BC (who currently is the title sponsor of the LDC?)
NBC is the nationwide channel for the BC (who televises the LDC?)
Coach EDDIE ROBINSON built the BC (who built the LDC?)

Trust me, as much as I want to see the LDC prosper, grow and be cultivated, its not working in the current process it's under now. Besides, as much as some people hate to hear it: Houston gives it's residents too many options and the main component is EVERYBODY LOVES A WINNER!

the band fan said:
Houston can hold it but it wasn't designed as a party friendly city....
I know that as well as just about every other educated poster on this board but his exact comment was: "Houston can't handle the bayou classic again" and by making that blanket statement alone throws up debate. Now if he would have said "Houston can't handle the bayou classic in the same fashion that New Orleans does with its convenience, nightlife and looseness with drinking laws, etc..." then he wouldn't have heard a peep out of me on this thread.

If Houston was in contention to be the United States representative for the 2012 Olympics, then I believe on its worst day, it can appease the Bayou Classic; maybe not in the customary tradition that New Orleans have but Houston can accommodate.

Please give a rational and realistic answer:

Did the Bayou Classic during its first year in the Superdome give ALL Tigers and Jaguars EVERYTHING EACH wanted?

C-LeB28 said:
:

Did the Bayou Classic during its first year in the Superdome give ALL Tigers and Jaguars EVERYTHING EACH wanted?

The first year it was actually in old Tulane Stadium and was played in front of 76,000 folks...........It was something for eyes to see..........May have been the best one EVER....... ( I was their...SUperfly boots, leisure suit with those big azz collars and all :lol: :emlaugh: )

Man if you could have seen when the Juke Box entered that stadium......

JROCK said:
The first year it was actually in old Tulane Stadium and was played in front of 76,000 folks...........It was something for eyes to see..........May have been the best one EVER....... ( I was their...SUperfly boots, leisure suit with those big azz collars and all :lol: :emlaugh: )

Man if you could have seen when the Juke Box entered that stadium......

I know, that's why I said in the Superdome. I'm sure it was a site to see it's first year in New Orleans but if there was such a thing as the world wide web, there would have been some folks on it complaining about something New Orleans didn't have the first go round.

C-LeB28 said:
I know, that's why I said in the Superdome. I'm sure it was a site to see it's first year in New Orleans but if there was such a thing as the world wide web, there would have been some folks on it complaining about something New Orleans didn't have the first go round.

Yep, and people will complain about something this year too. Houston or New Orleans.

C-LeB28 said:

:tup:

Back