Are yall still working out?

LMAO.....you wild mayne; I'll let Yvette answer that lol!

But umm I looked in the mirror at myself one day and said, "no'ski wo'ski", that aint cute dawg, and been working out every since. I feel good though each time I leave the gym. I didnt know it was like that.

Nall man, no beef; I forgot to mention that. I haven't had a steak, hamburger, etc., in like three years. I been left the beef alone. Now shiiiid I'll eat some pork ribs bruh; but no bacon, sausage, etc. Also, this is the killer for a lot of people; no sweets. Cookies, cake, cinnamon rolls, donuts, candy bars, cheescake etc.; anything with a "lot" of sugar, I don't do it. That sugar is what get a lot of people in trouble because it turns into fat, and the body caint burn off excessive fat like that, especially if you hitting the sweets on the regular. But the running on the treadmill is whats doing it for me. I run (not walk) a minimum of 3 miles on the treadmill each workout. It takes me like 35 minutes to do it, then I start with the weights. I know running can be a problem for some people, but with me I've always played the type sport that required it, i.e. tennis, basketball; so running aint a thang to me.

Ey Crit? We cook a lot in our house; at least 4 times out the week, and its pretty much something chicken related. If we eat out, like grabbing something right quick, it's Zaxbys; I always get the grilled chicken house zalad. Ain know expert but I do know that its all about what you are eating.

"Snake"

I like that routine. Esp the part about the sweets. I've added breads to my deal as well. Wanna' see P88 run, show him a woman who wants to give him some pussy and show him some bread w/ beef and I'll run like a black man running from a klu klux klan mob. :smh:

I'm adding the sugars deal to my regiment. I think that's what I've been missing. I would say this and I was just thinking about a banana pudding I made a few days ago. :emlaugh: I'll adhere though.

Also, don't tell Vette what I said. She gonna' cuss ya' boy out mane. And now that I'm oh-fficially an old man, my old decrepit (thx Tone) self can't take it like I used to. lol

Good luck on the marathon deal. That's tremendous. My last race was 2 yrs ago across a lake that opened a new bridge and it was 1.2miles one way (2.4 round trip). I made it but the extra weight and the heat over the water made it almost intolerable. :( I'm sure you'll do well. :tup:

Ey Crit? We cook a lot in our house; at least 4 times out the week, and its pretty much something chicken related. If we eat out, like grabbing something right quick, it's Zaxbys; I always get the grilled chicken house zalad. Ain know expert but I do know that its all about what you are eating.

"Snake"

Man, that is GOOD, Snake! :tup: I need to do better with my eating habits. Seems like everytime I'm back into my workout routines, my eating habits slip. And then when I'm eating better, I'm too lazy to work out. So now that I'm back working out, I just need to ease back into eating better.

I'm still at it. And over doing it a little bit. I'm working out 5 days a week and counting calories similar to Snake. I plan to do a lot of swimming this summer.

I use a application on my iphone called Lose It and I fitness. I fitness tracks my exercises and you can create your own routines.

Lose it allows you to determine how much weight you want to lose and determines how many calories you need to intake each day. You add in any activity/exercise you do and it subtracts from you calorie count.

Now I never put in my actual time becuase I don't trust the machines at the gym. so I give myself some leway to no over state my calories. You can add in sexuall activity,yard work, exercise, football,basket ball etc. You can also add other people as friends so you guys can track and help each other.

Calorie counting is addictive. you find out that there are entirely too many calories in fast food.

We're down to fish,chicken on most days and I've give up soda's somewhat. Once a week I slip.

But I've lost 17 lbs in the last two months and plan to get down to 220.

I am down to 245 now from 270...:flippy::flippy:

Also. I hit 365 this week on the bench. In undergrad, I could bench 425 and I plan to do that again before the summer is out.

Glad to see you guys are still at it. Exercise is the only way to be diabetes aka sugar in the black community.

...yea I work out at least 5 days out of the week on average.

I started working out "regularly" in December and still going. My goal is/was to lose weight and get rid of the pouch that was forming around my stomach area(that wasn't a good look lol). I am happy to say that the pouch is gone and as of today, I'm down to the lowest I've been since I started working out, 161lbs. The pounds fluctuate; but on average I say 1631bs.

I been doing a lot of cardio(running on treadmill), and lifting weights mainly. I've also changed my eating habits tremendously; strictly chicken, fish, and a lot of salads. Speaking of eating, I think I've become infatuated with calorie counting because that's all I do. I finally realized that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I use to never eat breakfast really; but now in the morning I eat oatmeal w/fresh strawberries, or if I want something quick; a boiled egg and toast w/peanut butter. I snack on a LOT of grapes and cashews. I drink nothing but water now. The only time I drink something other than water is the coke in my Couvy. I completely gave up beer; but I still drink my liquor and fruity drinks.

On July 4th, I will be running the Peachtree Road Race. 55,000 folks run the Peachtree every year; its an Atlanta tradition. This will be my my first time ever running in a marathon like this so pray for me; I just want to finish so that I can get that T-Shirt as my trophy for finishing. I plan to start running outside around the neighborhood for training. I tried it once last month and I thought I was going to DIE! lol Put it like this; running on a treadmill is wayyyy different from running in the street. Pray for me yall.

"Snake"

How long is this race? 5k? 10k? 13 miles? 26.2?

I started with the C25k program. It really is a good place to start, and I hear that is a C 2 10k program too. I walk/jogged the Crescent City Classic. It was hard, but I will do it again.

Glad to see you guys are still at it. Exercise is the only way to be diabetes aka sugar in the black community.

It isn't the only way. My blood sugar leveled out between October and February when I began a fruit and fresh vegetable eating plan. Drinking only water. Weight fell off and my Type II diabetes was gone. Old habits die hard and I fell off the new lifestyle, but I am slowly getting back to it. I started the realy exercising and running in January.

It isn't the only way. My blood sugar leveled out between October and February when I began a fruit and fresh vegetable eating plan. Drinking only water. Weight fell off and my Type II diabetes was gone. Old habits die hard and I fell off the new lifestyle, but I am slowly getting back to it. I started the realy exercising and running in January.

So true. You are what you eat. That's why I stopped eating pork and beef in 1991.

Thats great news everyone. I have been pretty consistent in my lifestyle change. I still stick to Chicken, Turkey, and Fish....mainly.... I had ground beef for the first time this year on last week. Fast Foods are a Thing of the past. The smell of McDonalds is :vomit: I have lost a total of 15 lbs. and needing to lose 15 more. Started at 250 now down to 235. Im still in this Bootcamp and its actually easier now... I guess thats because Im lighter and stronger... and it shows.... Im about to really double time the cardio and begin weight training.

My Goal is 30 lbs lost; however, now the 200- 210 range is where I wanna aim for.... :clap:

My Cholesterol is Down
My Blood Pressure is down... This is the Life Im Living!!!

Thats great news everyone. I have been pretty consistent in my lifestyle change. I still stick to Chicken, Turkey, and Fish....mainly.... I had ground beef for the first time this year on last week. Fast Foods are a Thing of the past. The smell of McDonalds is :vomit: I have lost a total of 15 lbs. and needing to lose 15 more. Started at 250 now down to 235. Im still in this Bootcamp and its actually easier now... I guess thats because Im lighter and stronger... and it shows.... Im about to really double time the cardio and begin weight training.

My Goal is 30 lbs lost; however, now the 200- 210 range is where I wanna aim for.... :clap:

My Cholesterol is Down
My Blood Pressure is down... This is the Life Im Living!!!

Try the 30-day Shred by Julian Michaels.

Try the 30-day Shred by Julian Michaels.

Good Deal.. Ill have to check that out. Cardio and Weight training is now something that I can do more often. Although I cant run as much due to my lower back issues, I am still able to do most other routines.....

Im also wanting to incorporate Kickboxing once a week.

I hate running long distances. More power to yall.
I am an interval, wind sprints type of person.

I have set my goals as follows 10% body fat or less at about 195# . I have already made it to 208 from 225 in january with very little cardio and a lot of lifting I sholuld be over 400 on the bench by the end of june if i stay healthy. I plan to hit the court and play softall to get my cardio in high gear. I cant stand the cardio equipment in the gym.

On July 4th, I will be running the Peachtree Road Race. 55,000 folks run the Peachtree every year; its an Atlanta tradition. This will be my my first time ever running in a marathon like this so pray for me; I just want to finish so that I can get that T-Shirt as my trophy for finishing. I plan to start running outside around the neighborhood for training. I tried it once last month and I thought I was going to DIE! lol Put it like this; running on a treadmill is wayyyy different from running in the street. Pray for me yall.

"Snake"

Definitely add running outside if you are going to do the Peachtree. Include some hills! I did the Peachtree a few years ago. There are so many people! Due to my start time, by the time I started the first set of runners had already finished. It is a great event to participate in! Best of luck to you! :tup:

Follow one of those C210K programs. They slowly build you up to running the 10K.

It's a 6k. The starting line is at Lenox Square, and the finish line is in Piedmont Park.

http://www.atlantatrackclub.org/Ass...l+Assets/Images/Peachtree+2010+Course+Map.pdf

"Snake"

How long is this race? 5k? 10k? 13 miles? 26.2?

I started with the C25k program. It really is a good place to start, and I hear that is a C 2 10k program too. I walk/jogged the Crescent City Classic. It was hard, but I will do it again.

It is a 10K (6.2 miles).

Just gettin' back on exercising again. Took about 9 months off since getting married and I gained 25 lbs. Pitiful!!!!! This is the biggest I've been in my life!!!!! For the 1st time, I've joined the gym with my wife here in San Antonio and I am shooting for 3-4 days a week. I've always done road work (running) to stay in shape. Now, I want to see what results I get from the gym. Weights and swimming is what I'm doing. The Fitness Center (Spectrum) has 11 locations and an outside track at 1 location. It's at the UT Medical Center and I can keep my roadwork in effect. We'll see what happens!!!!!!!

If you trying to lose. high intensity cardio is the way to go...

Man I been saying I'm gone jump in but haven't done it yet. Right now I've lost 30 lbs and counting. I do some p90X,swimming and weight training. Calorie Counting is working too.

I've fallen off a bit, but did workout a few times last week. I'm super sore this week. Think I'll have another session this evening when I get off...I'm not consistent with mine, but I do try to incorporate some exercise into my lifestyle each week. I lost 4 lbs though, and kept it off so that's good. Don't wanna lose anymore, just wanna tone up some.

Glad to see you guys changing your eating habits, b/c that's really the kicker...AND the hardest thing to do.

Back