Are yall still working out?

Had to put the workouts on ice due to the sciatic nerve and lower back issue. I forgot I wasn't 18 anymore when I tried to challenge some younger kids @ their games. :emlaugh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Had to put the workouts on ice due to the sciatic nerve and lower back issue. I forgot I wasn't 18 anymore when I tried to challenge some younger kids @ their games. :emlaugh:

Heck you are in Houston...go to a day spa and get a massage that includes a happy ending.

Ummmmmmmmm... that's negative. I'm N of D/FW and I'm scared of the "happy ending." :scared: lol :emlaugh:

I aint scared of "Happy Ending"... I'm still working out too!!!

Played football (sand lot) this weekend... Paying for it today though. Games cancelled tonight @ Vista ridge though.

Well, the men at work seem to think I've lost "too much" weight but they like it. I get stopped daily by people I don't know and they tell me that I look good. :tup: :lmao:

My ex husband says I've thinned out too much. :lmao:

The women at work have slick stuff to say but hey I take it in stride while they sit and eat fried chicken, mac and cheese, and collard greens and corn bread.

I will continue with my lifestyle change. I am happy and I don't ever want to be my former size again. :tup:

I'm thinking back to when we were in school...:D Girl you was bringing much smoke!!:love::love:

Ive Started out a Bootcamp Program with a Personal Trainer.... Myself and 4 others.... Dude is the Real Deal. The program is total muscle confusion... and has caused my body to go into TOTAL Shock:lol::lol:

If I had a Choice I would Sleep and Drive standing up.... God I hate sitting..... Thats the Worst part of the day!!!!!:whine::lol::lol: PAIN!!!!!

The Pain is something Ive never experienced before......
But Beneficial..... Im in it and Ready to Reap the Benefits!!!!!

Monday--Bootcamp
Tuesday--Jogging
Wednesday--Bootcamp
Thursday--Elliptical/ Bike
Friday--Rest
Saturday--Jogging
Sunday--Rest

Ive Started out a Bootcamp Program with a Personal Trainer.... Myself and 4 others.... Dude is the Real Deal. The program is total muscle confusion... and has caused my body to go into TOTAL Shock:lol::lol:

If I had a Choice I would Sleep and Drive standing up.... God I hate sitting..... Thats the Worst part of the day!!!!!:whine::lol::lol: PAIN!!!!!

The Pain is something Ive never experienced before......
But Beneficial..... Im in it and Ready to Reap the Benefits!!!!!

Monday--Bootcamp
Tuesday--Jogging
Wednesday--Bootcamp
Thursday--Elliptical/ Bike
Friday--Rest
Saturday--Jogging
Sunday--Rest
:lol: You sound like me when I initially started with my trainer.

Have my last day with the trainer on tomorrow afternoon, but I joined the Fitness Fellowship Ministry at my church. The instructor is on some serious meds, apparently...that heffa never gets tired. My goodness...I was just as tired with her, as I am with my trainer and I didn't think it could get much worse. I almost cussed at church...help me, Lord. :uhoh: Her class consists of lots of dance moves, similar to salsa. Definitely works your entire body over...:nod:

Still going to the gym 4-5 days per week, though I'm getting bored by it. I've been told by 2 people that I need to change it up, which I did. Still bored though.

I've also been running/walking in the evening. Perhaps I'll just do that next week and give the gym a rest.

I finished up my 8 wk session with my trainer today...even though he told me he'd give me one more session for FREE!!! :jump: I'll schedule that with him on next week...I'm really trying to get in the habit of working out at least 3 times a week. Eventually, I should be able to increase that to 5...that's enough. Hell, I need two days off...:lol:

Now, if I can just keep up with these healthier choices for eating/snacking I'll be alright.

Not really...I'm just walking and doing some other cardio here and there. No specific regimen going on...still practicing better eating habits, though.

On yesterday, I received the results back from my physical/blood work and I have fabulous results. I was very happy about that.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I am. Took a break back in March due to surgery. But now I'm back and working out and/or walking about four times a week. :tup:

Good for you Crittah. :tup:

I'm down to 238 consistently from 262lbs last year this time. :tup: I pushed up 315 on the bench 4 times @ lunch today and I scared the hell out of myself because I SWORE before everything that I would never EVER do that stuff again since I'd gotten hooked on drugs back in the day, and that was back in 1988-1989 :(. :( Lost weight, got stronger. Amazing how this stuff works.

I wanna' take pix & share while criticizing what I see about myself (esp the chest-too fatty but you can tell what used to be there lol) but y'all women won't let me in the ladies forum. lol :swink: lol

Last edited:
...yea I work out at least 5 days out of the week on average.

I started working out "regularly" in December and still going. My goal is/was to lose weight and get rid of the pouch that was forming around my stomach area(that wasn't a good look lol). I am happy to say that the pouch is gone and as of today, I'm down to the lowest I've been since I started working out, 161lbs. The pounds fluctuate; but on average I say 1631bs.

I been doing a lot of cardio(running on treadmill), and lifting weights mainly. I've also changed my eating habits tremendously; strictly chicken, fish, and a lot of salads. Speaking of eating, I think I've become infatuated with calorie counting because that's all I do. I finally realized that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I use to never eat breakfast really; but now in the morning I eat oatmeal w/fresh strawberries, or if I want something quick; a boiled egg and toast w/peanut butter. I snack on a LOT of grapes and cashews. I drink nothing but water now. The only time I drink something other than water is the coke in my Couvy. I completely gave up beer; but I still drink my liquor and fruity drinks.

On July 4th, I will be running the Peachtree Road Race. 55,000 folks run the Peachtree every year; its an Atlanta tradition. This will be my my first time ever running in a marathon like this so pray for me; I just want to finish so that I can get that T-Shirt as my trophy for finishing. I plan to start running outside around the neighborhood for training. I tried it once last month and I thought I was going to DIE! lol Put it like this; running on a treadmill is wayyyy different from running in the street. Pray for me yall.

"Snake"

Good for you Crittah. :tup:

I'm down to 238 consistently from 262lbs last year this time. :tup: I pushed up 315 on the bench 4 times @ lunch today and I scared the hell out of myself because I SWORE before everything that I would never EVER do that stuff again since I'd gotten hooked on drugs back in the day, and that was back in 1988-1989 :(. :( Lost weight, got stronger. Amazing how this stuff works.

I wanna' take pix & share while criticizing what I see about myself (esp the chest-too fatty but you can tell what used to be there lol) but y'all women won't let me in the ladies forum. lol :swink: lol

Thanks, P! I'm feeling pretty good! I walked a mile on my lunch break at work today and then ran up some long stairs. The first time in I don't know when I wasn't out of breath running up those stairs! Actually it was an escalator. Yaaaaayyyyyy! :banana:
And you're doing awesome, I see! :tup: Don't lose anymore! Women like something to hold on to! Share those pics! :D

And benching 315? Good Lawd! Now I KNOW you're capable of picking me up and then some! :lol:

Last edited:
...yea I work out at least 5 days out of the week on average.

I started working out "regularly" in December and still going. My goal is/was to lose weight and get rid of the pouch that was forming around my stomach area(that wasn't a good look lol). I am happy to say that the pouch is gone and as of today, I'm down to the lowest I've been since I started working out, 161lbs. The pounds fluctuate; but on average I say 1631bs.

I been doing a lot of cardio(running on treadmill), and lifting weights mainly. I've also changed my eating habits tremendously; strictly chicken, fish, and a lot of salads. Speaking of eating, I think I've become infatuated with calorie counting because that's all I do. I finally realized that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I use to never eat breakfast really; but now in the morning I eat oatmeal w/fresh strawberries, or if I want something quick; a boiled egg and toast w/peanut butter. I snack on a LOT of grapes and cashews. I drink nothing but water now. The only time I drink something other than water is the coke in my Couvy. I completely gave up beer; but I still drink my liquor and fruity drinks.

On July 4th, I will be running the Peachtree Road Race. 55,000 folks run the Peachtree every year; its an Atlanta tradition. This will be my my first time ever running in a marathon like this so pray for me; I just want to finish so that I can get that T-Shirt as my trophy for finishing. I plan to start running outside around the neighborhood for training. I tried it once last month and I thought I was going to DIE! lol Put it like this; running on a treadmill is wayyyy different from running in the street. Pray for me yall.

"Snake"

:rolleyes:

But I like your eating/drinking habits! :tup: And good for you on doing the Peachtree Road Race! :tup: :tup:

Thanks, P! I'm feeling pretty good! I walked a mile on my lunch break at work today and then ran up some long stairs. The first time in I don't know when I wasn't out of breath running up those stairs! Actually it was an escalator. Yaaaaayyyyyy! :banana:
And you're doing awesome, I see! :tup: Don't lose anymore! Women like something to hold on to! Share those pics! :D

And benching 315? Good Lawd! Now I KNOW you're capable of picking me up and then some! :lol:

Don't start no shat nah. U know I ain't had cat since some cat had me in the 60s. :emlaugh: That's good that you're progressing Crittah. I think that's all anyone can hope for (progress and show improvement). Proud of you. Keep up the good work. :tup:

Snakes skinny ass coming up in hur rubbing our faces in it. Muthafukka. :mad: :slap: He my boy but he's still a muthafukka. :mad: :slap:

Damn snake, whatever you're doing (eating wise), PLEASE let us know and don't you dare say you're eating beef and carbs out the ying-yang or I'm going to pass the hell out. lol I gave up ALL that stuff and that's the only way I was able to lose what I have thusfar. That's tremendous you can keep the weight off. What this tells us is that you're not fvcking gottttttttt dayamit! Cuz if you were fvcking, you'd be eating like crazy from all that sexercising and sleeping all the time which promotes weight gain. You and Vette shole are getting skinnier since y'all done I'DO'dom together because y'all ain't fvcking gotttttttttttttttttttttt dayamit! :slap:

:D lol Seriously, let us know about that eating regiment (how man cals per day). I think that's where I need to concentrate. And, I feel you on giving up the beer deal. I been done that. :tup:

Last edited:
^^ You're so crazy! :lol:

I'm coming to Houston in a couple of weeks (May 20-22)? Come on and treat a sista to dinner. :)

^^ You're so crazy! :lol:

I'm coming to Houston in a couple of weeks (May 20-22)? Come on and treat a sista to dinner. :)

I want some ayis. You can send me a positive affirmation in PM or e-mail me if you don't want the rest of TSPN to see it. :emlaugh:

Actually, I may be around there that w/e. I have to come home and get a truck and trailer on Fri to bring BACK to Dallas early Sat morning as I bought another tractor (hopefully-tomorrow) from this place that's going out of business (they really lowered the price and I couldn't resist). So, I MAY be there late Sat evening/night. I really have to take care of this business though. I won't even make Mem Day w/e @ the crib and I've never missed that in my entire life but I'm borderline exhausted now w/ all this moving around I've been doing lately. :(

I want some ayis. You can send me a positive affirmation in PM or e-mail me if you don't want the rest of TSPN to see it. :emlaugh:

Actually, I may be around there that w/e. I have to come home and get a truck and trailer on Fri to bring BACK to Dallas early Sat morning as I bought another tractor (hopefully-tomorrow) from this place that's going out of business (they really lowered the price and I couldn't resist). So, I MAY be there late Sat evening/night. I really have to take care of this business though. I won't even make Mem Day w/e @ the crib and I've never missed that in my entire life but I'm borderline exhausted now w/ all this moving around I've been doing lately. :(

You is some kind of ignant! :lol: I ain't giving up no ayis.

And I'm leaving Saturday afternoon. I'm really on there two nights, that Thursday and Friday.

Last edited:
Don't start no shat nah. U know I ain't had cat since some cat had me in the 60s. :emlaugh: That's good that you're progressing Crittah. I think that's all anyone can hope for (progress and show improvement). Proud of you. Keep up the good work. :tup:

Snakes skinny ass coming up in hur rubbing our faces in it. Muthafukka. :mad: :slap: He my boy but he's still a muthafukka. :mad: :slap:

Damn snake, whatever you're doing (eating wise), PLEASE let us know and don't you dare say you're eating beef and carbs out the ying-yang or I'm going to pass the hell out. lol I gave up ALL that stuff and that's the only way I was able to lose what I have thusfar. That's tremendous you can keep the weight off. What this tells us is that you're not fvcking gottttttttt dayamit! Cuz if you were fvcking, you'd be eating like crazy from all that sexercising and sleeping all the time which promotes weight gain. You and vette shole are getting skinnier since y'all done I'DO'dom together because y'all ain't fvcking gotttttttttttttttttttttt dayamit! :slap:

:D lol Seriously, let us know about that eating regiment (how man cals per day). I think that's where I need to concentrate. And, I feel you on giving up the beer deal. I been done that. :tup:

LMAO.....you wild mayne; I'll let Yvette answer that lol!

But umm I looked in the mirror at myself one day and said, "no'ski wo'ski", that aint cute dawg, and been working out every since. I feel good though each time I leave the gym. I didnt know it was like that.

Nall man, no beef; I forgot to mention that. I haven't had a steak, hamburger, etc., in like three years. I been left the beef alone. Now shiiiid I'll eat some pork ribs bruh; but no bacon, sausage, etc. Also, this is the killer for a lot of people; no sweets. Cookies, cake, cinnamon rolls, donuts, candy bars, cheescake etc.; anything with a "lot" of sugar, I don't do it. That sugar is what get a lot of people in trouble because it turns into fat, and the body caint burn off excessive fat like that, especially if you hitting the sweets on the regular. But the running on the treadmill is whats doing it for me. I run (not walk) a minimum of 3 miles on the treadmill each workout. It takes me like 35 minutes to do it, then I start with the weights. I know running can be a problem for some people, but with me I've always played the type sport that required it, i.e. tennis, basketball; so running aint a thang to me.

Ey Crit? We cook a lot in our house; at least 4 times out the week, and its pretty much something chicken related. If we eat out, like grabbing something right quick, it's Zaxbys; I always get the grilled chicken house zalad. Ain know expert but I do know that its all about what you are eating.

"Snake"

Back