Are Pookie and Ray Ray the basis of some blacks choosing Republican?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or just be smarter, don't directly funnel money to yourself. There are much better ways to come up. When Mark Warner worked on the hill, he helped write telecommunications legislation then immediately and left started a venture capitalist firm that helped launch Nextel... We want to touch the money while still in office.

What I hate about Black Republicans, they watch their White Republican colleagues milk and steal from the system and instead of doing anything about it, they help them by finding every bat crap crazy excuse in the world to justify their wrong doings, which is why Colin Powell tried to maintain some of his integrity by stepping down as Secretary of State after witnessing the crap that went on during the Bush Administration. Black politicians with any type of integrity are few and far apart.

Some would argue that there are very few politicians of any race with integrity. Politics is a scratch my back and I'll scratch yours business. It attracts a certain type of person.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
You are correct in saying conservatives believe in what they stand for. Clarence Thomas admits affirmative action helped him get where he is and that is why he would like to end it. If that isn't standing for what you believe in I don't know what else to call it. :tup: Allen west says he grew up on Auburn Ave in the hood of the Atl and he was never profiled and never treated differently by southern haters like other southerners say. Yeah that is really believing in what you stand for.

The worst Black politicians are those that defend the wrongful deeds of their White colleagues/masters at the expense of other Blacks. Bush's dad saw this as an effective way of reducing the Black political power, which is how Clarence Thomas got appointed to the Supreme Court. Now there are several handkerchief head knee-grows who has recently joined the Republican Party vying for the position of HNIC. There were only a few Blacks with some type of integrity that were Republicans prior to Bush's dad administration, such as Colin Powell. Although Clarence Thomas was a longtime Republican prior to his appointment, he still benefitted from affirmative action programs. I'm very leery of any person that's always party hopping.

stephan-thomas-fw.png

Last edited:
See, that's the problem. In your rush to disagree with me and prove me wrong, you overlooked what I said three sentences above my comments that you highlighted.

What I'm talking about is specific rules written into certain programs that disproportionately affected Blacks that I believe has prolonged or increased Black despair and hopelessness rather than decreasing it. I believe - and you have every right to disagree with me - that some of these specific rules were made purposefully harmful to the Black family, Black economic independence and the overall psyche of the Black community. Giving us civil rights and voting rights on one hand while making a large subset of us weak and dependent on the other hand. Thus, insuring that we never truly become equal participants in this American journey. Because a dependent people can never be equal. No matter how many "rights" you give them.

In my mind, I think those things alone are enough to reconsider our ties to the Democratic Party. If there is policy to be made, we need to be in a position to demand that it be beneficial to the Black community. Our bargaining and negotiating power is diminished when we're attached at the hip to the Democrats and they can afford to ignore us until election time. Only to pacify us with more empty promises.

No, the way to increase our political influence is to be solely in control of our political power and not beholden to anyone.

What programs and what rules are you talking about?

The worst Black politicians are those that defend the wrongful deeds of their White colleagues/masters at the expense of other Blacks. Bush's dad saw this as an effective way of reducing the Black political power, which is how Clarence Thomas got appointed to the Supreme Court. Now there are several handkerchief head knee-grows who has recently joined the Republican Party vying for the position of HNIC. There were only a few Blacks with some type of integrity that were Republicans prior to Bush's dad administration, such as Colin Powell. Although Clarence Thomas was a longtime Republican prior to his appointment, he still benefitted from affirmative action programs. I'm very leery of any person that's always party hopping.

stephan-thomas-fw.png

He also got away with not reporting his wife's income for 5 years on a federal financial disclosure form and ruling on cases that his wife is profiting from...I guess laws and regulations only apply to folks that either party doesn't like.

He also got away with not reporting his wife's income for 5 years on a federal financial disclosure form and ruling on cases that his wife is profiting from...I guess laws and regulations only apply to folks that either party doesn't like.

And what color is his wife? She was basically Clarence's consolation prize.

Allen West is crazy and honestly believes what he says. Dude is different but that is the real him. I met a guy who is a good friend of Clarence Thomas from their days of working on Capitol Hill together. He said they used to sit Clarence down and preach to him about going out and bashing his family.

Crazy thing is that Clarence got walked into Holy Cross because he was black. They needed some black people to integrate the school.

Allen West is crazy and honestly believes what he says. Dude is different but that is the real him. I met a guy who is a good friend of Clarence Thomas from their days of working on Capitol Hill together. He said they used to sit Clarence down and preach to him about going out and bashing his family.

Crazy thing is that Clarence got walked into Holy Cross because he was black. They needed some black people to integrate the school.

I don't trust any brother who shaves the hair off the side of his head so he can have a flat top fade. I know that's somewhat the military style, but what he does to his head is somewhat strange. I noticed in the picture, this nut has an airborne insignia on with a regular suit. Who does that?

allenwest041612.jpg

Last edited:
If you ever bump into him, you should stop and talk to him. He will sit there and talk to you. I know few who were shocked because they met, thought he was cool and one day looked at some his speeches on youtube.

And Colin left because he felt he was not respected by Cheney and Rumsfield and they made him look like a liar at the UN. For all intents and purposes, Condi was really Secretary of State for 8 years.

Same as former JSU coach Rod Paige. Paige was cool with Laura Bush and W put him in as Education secretary but it was Margaret Spellings that ran the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back