And You Ask Why Shit is on Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byron Williams said 'I can't breathe' 17 times as police restrained him. Why did few protest his death?
:nono2:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/byron-williams-died-saying-cant-083331934.html

LAS VEGAS — Jeffery Thompkins stood at a community rally with thousands of protesters this month, listening as they chanted, "I can't breathe."

They were shouting the last words of George Floyd, who died in police custody in Minneapolis on May 25 with an officer's knee on his neck. Floyd's final moments were captured on video by a bystander.

Thompkins, 32, said he closed his eyes, holding back tears. He had heard the words before, nearly nine months earlier. But the voice he heard back then belonged to Byron Lee Williams, his mother's fiancé.

I'm sorry but I have go to keep it real on this one. Many are not going to like what I say and quite frankly I don't care. Ok I think the cop had no reason to shot the brother in the back or shoot him for running he was no longer a threat. Now let's get to the real and where responsibility fucked this one up. The cops did everything by procedure up until he fired his weapon. Let's go back to when the black guy from ESPN who went to Howard got locked up for DUI. Many posted he was wrong and should have went to jail. Well in this case the brother should have took the DUI charge. He was sloppy drunk and fell asleep in at Wendy's. If they would have let him go like everyone keeps saying what would have happened if he would have gotten the extra key and got behind the wheel and killed some innocent people? Second of all he should not have grabbed the tazor from the cop. At that point the whole situation changes and adrenaline was following. Unfortunately the cop and the brother made fucked up mistakes that both will pay for. Life has consequences and the ones you make will screw you or help you. You can't have it both ways. Responsibility is a mofo. Doesn't change the fact there are some racist redneck cops. Plenty of bad decisions made on this one. Plenty. Mayor Bottoms also should have let the GBI did their job and if they didn't at that point she should have stepped in. Emotions are for the weak.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I have go to keep it real on this one. Many are not going to like what I say and quite frankly I don't care. Ok I think the cop had no reason to shot the brother in the back or shoot him for running he was no longer a threat. Now let's get to the real and where responsibility fucked this one up. The cops did everything by procedure up until he fired his weapon. Let's go back to when the black guy from ESPN who went to Howard got locked up for DUI. Many posted he was wrong and should have went to jail. Well in this case the brother should have took the DUI charge. He was sloppy drunk and fell asleep in at Wendy's. If they would have let him go like everyone keeps saying what would have happened if he would have gotten the extra key and got behind the wheel and killed some innocent people? Second of all he should not have grabbed the tazor from the cop. At that point the whole situation changes and adrenaline was following. Unfortunately the cop and the brother made fucked up mistakes that both will pay for. Life has consequences and the ones you make will screw you or help you. You can't have it both ways. Responsibility is a mofo. Doesn't change the fact there are some racist redneck cops. Plenty of bad decisions made on this one. Plenty. Mayor Bottoms also should have let the GBI did their job and if they didn't at that point she should have stepped in. Emotions are for the weak.
Cee, I get where you are coming from but the man was drunk. The cops KNEW he was drunk because he failed the sobriety test. His judgement was severely impaired and under that scenario the cops could have handled this differently. They know they are dealing with someone who is inebriated. I have not heard anyone defend Mr. Brooks for taking the taser and trying to use it. Allegedly Mr. Brooks asked to be allowed to walk to his sister's house to sleep it off. He ran. His car was still at the scene. The cops had several options...shooting Mr. Brooks in the back TWICE and then kicking him when he was down did not have to be among the options.

You are correct. That's why I said bad decisions. Yes the cop was a coward and should be convicted. No denying that.

Cee, I get where you are coming from but the man was drunk. The cops KNEW he was drunk because he failed the sobriety test. His judgement was severely impaired and under that scenario the cops could have handled this differently. They know they are dealing with someone who is inebriated. I have not heard anyone defend Mr. Brooks for taking the taser and trying to use it. Allegedly Mr. Brooks asked to be allowed to walk to his sister's house to sleep it off. He ran. His car was still at the scene. The cops had several options...shooting Mr. Brooks in the back TWICE and then kicking him when he was down did not have to be among the options.

And the cop said, "Got'em" like he was shooting a deer or something.

To add to what you're saying, they could have impounded his car to make sure he didn't get back in it particularly after he ran.

This same situation happened in 2011 with Deshawn Stevenson-he got drunk after the maverick beat Lequitter James and his Divas. Cops found him drunk and took him to jail to sleep it off. No charges were filed.

And it would have cost him money to get it back but he would still be alive. As I read somewhere cops are not suppose to kill guilty people either.
I think the problem Herb is we expect white folks to do what's right. They don't see what's right when it comes to minorities. They see it as doing their duty to control the minority. They follow the Bull Connor method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back