And You Ask Why Shit is on Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Racism in the media: How George Floyd's death sparked a reckoning

https://www.france24.com/en/america...-how-george-floyd-s-death-sparked-a-reckoning
:read:

George Floyd is being laid to rest in Houston. Over two short weeks, his killing has propelled protests against racism and police brutality across the world. As the Daily Telegraph notes, thousands of people turned out in Houston and his birth town of Raeford, North Carolina to pay their respects. Floyd's death is the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back and his name is "a rallying cry for one of the biggest civil uprisings in American history".

His death has also led to demands for police reforms and even calls to defund the police like in Los Angeles, something the Wall Street Journal condemns. The paper's editors argue that crime in major American cities like New York and Minneapolis was already rising before Floyd's death. Defunding the police risks "a return to the high crime era of the 60s and 70s", they claim.

Here in France, the government has announced a series of changes to the police system after nationwide protests against police brutality. Among them: the police chokehold will no longer be taught in police schools and officers will face suspension for any suspicion of racism. But it's not good enough for Libération. The French left-leaning paper calls the measures limited and says they don't address the issue of racial profiling.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/12/politics/iowa-police-reform-bill-trnd/index.html

Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds signed a bill on Friday that puts tougher restrictions on the use of chokeholds in arrests and prevents police officers fired for misconduct from being hired in the state.
"To the thousands of Iowans who have taken to the streets calling for reforms to address inequalities faced by people of color in our state, I want you to know this is not the end of our work. It is just the beginning," Reynolds, a Republican, said in a signing ceremony at the state capitol.
Reynolds said the bill adds "additional accountability" for law enforcement that benefits both the community and police.
As she signed the bill, a chant of "black lives matter" broke out.
In a remarkable move, the Iowa legislature on Thursday introduced, debated and unanimously passed House File 2647 all within a day.

Iowa is not playing with yall

I can admit that I am surprised that these protests are still going in and seem to be growing (thanks to the latest murder of Rayshard Brooks).

It seems like black people on social media and the New Black Media are controlling the narrative before the MSM media (including their black bootlicks) can do so.

Two things I am weary of:

1) the "Defund The Police" movement isn't something that is exclusively beneficial to black people so I would be cautious of letting "others" making that priority number one with these protests. If they take $500 million from a police's budget and give it to others, they are benefiting off the hard work and bodies of black people

2) You have agents that look like us that are using the bodies of black people in an attempt to cause a divide (using Breonna Taylor's death to spew anti-black male rhetoric (see below) or for their own personal benefit after spewing straight black men hate for years being that "black face in white spaces".

View: https://twitter.com/JamilahLemieux/status/1270482557272899585

The same thing is being done by these agents using the murder of a BLM protester (Toyin) to let the world know how they really feel about black men

View: https://twitter.com/blacklyamerican/status/1272429400311693312

View: https://twitter.com/melissa0000125/status/1272471465099702273

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/13/media/seattle-fox-news-autonomous-zone-protest/index.html.

Fox News publishes digitally altered and misleading images of Seattle demonstrations.
:nono2:

Fox News published digitally altered and misleading images on its website's homepage Friday that made a demonstration in Seattle, in which a group of largely peaceful Black Lives Matter protesters have occupied six city blocks, appear violent and dangerous.
:tiptoe:

The deceitful tactic was called out by The Seattle Times. The local newspaper reported that when it asked Fox News about the images, the network removed them.
:nod:

Fox News' depiction of the demonstration mirrors much of right-wing media's attempt to portray it as menacing. Protesters have declared a small slice of Seattle an "autonomous zone" after clashes with authorities led police to evacuate a precinct. While there have been some sightings of armed individuals, the area has remained largely peaceful with people gathering for food, speeches, and movie screenings.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/13/media/seattle-fox-news-autonomous-zone-protest/index.html.

Fox News publishes digitally altered and misleading images of Seattle demonstrations.

Fox News published digitally altered and misleading images on its website's homepage Friday that made a demonstration in Seattle, in which a group of largely peaceful Black Lives Matter protesters have occupied six city blocks, appear violent and dangerous.

The deceitful tactic was called out by The Seattle Times. The local newspaper reported that when it asked Fox News about the images, the network removed them.

Fox News' depiction of the demonstration mirrors much of right-wing media's attempt to portray it as menacing. Protesters have declared a small slice of Seattle an "autonomous zone" after clashes with authorities led police to evacuate a precinct. While there have been some sightings of armed individuals, the area has remained largely peaceful with people gathering for food, speeches, and movie screenings.
So where are the cries of calling Fox, "Fake News"!

This is one of the problems with the blue line

A black officer stepped in when a white cop had a suspect in a chokehold. She was fired and the city wants an investigation

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/us/buffalo-police-officer-fired-chokehold-objection-trnd/index.html

Officials in Buffalo, New York, want an investigation into the firing of a black police officer who intervened when a white colleague had a suspect in a chokehold.

The incident happened in November 2006. At the time, Officer Cariol Horne had served 19 of the 20 years needed to receive her pension, a spokesperson for Horne told CNN.

But Horne was fired for intervening and did not qualify for her pension, the city said.
"You cross that thin blue line, then you get ostracized and treated really badly, I didn't want that to happen to anyone else," Horne told CNN affiliate WIVB.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
:clap:

Raymond James Fires Employee Over Black Lives Matter Clash

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/raymond-james-fires-employee-over-211600373.html

Raymond James Financial Inc. said it fired an employee after a video captured him and his wife in a confrontation with a man stenciling “Black Lives Matter” in chalk outside his own San Francisco home.

The video shows Robert Larkins, a managing director at Raymond James, with his wife Lisa Alexander, the chief executive officer of LaFace Skincare, confronting the resident and saying they will call the police. James Juanillo, who is Filipino, posted the video, saying, “A white couple call the police on me, a person of color, for stenciling a #BLM chalk message on my own front retaining wall.”

Larkins didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

I don't think it is about representation. The fear was it was going to turn into a photo-op for *rump and associates. I saw on twitter where it did not turn into a photo-op.

True.....April needs to shut up. Those lawyers know what they are doing. I am sure they weren't going to let Donald Dump take advantage of their client(s). I saw where President Dump couldn't resist taking a shot at his tormentor (Obama). I bet that fool wakes up in the middle of the night "cussing" Obama.....LOL

True.....April needs to shut up. Those lawyers know what they are doing. I am sure they weren't going to let Donald Dump take advantage of their client(s). I saw where President Dump couldn't resist taking a shot at his tormentor (Obama). I bet that fool wakes up in the middle of the night "cussing" Obama.....LOL

It's not just April Ryan. The Georgia NAACP as well. Absolutely nothing was accomplished by going to the Whitehouse just like nothing came from steve harvey going to Trump Tower.
Donald Trump has already taken advantage of/exploited them. He checked off the "I met some Black families " box which was the only reason for having them there in the first place.

It's not just April Ryan. The Georgia NAACP as well. Absolutely nothing was accomplished by going to the Whitehouse just like nothing came from steve harvey going to Trump Tower.
Donald Trump has already taken advantage of/exploited them. He checked off the "I met some Black families " box which was the only reason for having them there in the first place.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think the attorney knew what he was doing. I like the fact that he didn't allow his clients to be props and they were afforded the opportunity to make their independent statement to the press letting the public know that President Dump's executive order didn't go far enough.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think the attorney knew what he was doing. I like the fact that he didn't allow his clients to be props and they were afforded the opportunity to make their independent statement to the press letting the public know that President Dump's executive order didn't go far enough.

That order was a waste of time and waste of the paper it was written on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back