And they say Houston isn't worthy enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
we had the Big 12 Title Game here last year...

we have a new commish now and he has not publicly stated where he would prefer what cities to host what....we'll know Friday.

Not sure how this topic got on SU vs TSU baskebtall but I want to correct something. The SU/TSU basketball game is still on Saturdays. SU always play TSU on Saturday and will do the same in 2004.

On baseball, it would be a waste of time to move it to any stadium in Houston. The only city in the SWAC that really supports baseball is Baton ROuge, bar none.

I attend the SU/PVU and SU/TSU baseball games in Houston yearly and SU fans almost always outnumber the local PVU/TSU fans.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Why you would move the baseball tournament to Texas is beyond me, but for any one to say that is a smart move after having a proven arena that makes you money and showcase one of your schools campuses is just plain stupid unless your getting a lot of money.

If you aren't all that would amount to is what it always has in the pass one school being jealous and managing to get something done that in the big picture will hurt to whole conf.,Talk about crawfish in a freaking barrel.

Originally posted by Blu Panther
key word..home field advantage

Like we needed it, dude your Praire View. Lets see it was in Jackson, Shrevport hmmmm I guess its ok as long as it doesn't seem that SU has it. :rolleyes:

Jesus freaking christ, this is the exact type of stupidity that keeps the SWAC from moving forward and why others need to be kicked the "L" they're more concern about making excuses as to why the don't have a program then the welfare of the conference.

I guess having the Basketball tournament in texas wasn't home feild advantage either, if our leadership is dumb enough to agree with this we're in trouble.

Your dealing with a sport that isn't normally a money maker and making money but your going to move it to appease a few schools that don't have a program or the support.

bluedog,

Stop getting your blood pressure up over this topic and blu panther...we'll wait and see what the powers that be have to say.

Originally posted by SU's Finest '93
bluedog,

Stop getting your blood pressure up over this topic and blu panther...we'll wait and see what the powers that be have to say.

It's not up sweetie just doing what I do best speaking my peace. Besides BC is right around the corner I getting ready to be in rare form. :cool:

Bigtyme69,

The SWAC would be stupid to move baseball to MM park when Baseball just had it most sucessful tourny ever in Baton Rouge.

Sad!! You sound like the young men at the local YMCA I volunteer my tutoring service to help increase their math acumen. When they do not like, do not understand it, or they are to lazy to figure it out. It is stupid.

Bluedog,

Why you would move the baseball tournament to Texas is beyond me, but for any one to say that is a smart move after having a proven arena that makes you money and showcase one of your schools campuses is just plain stupid unless your getting a lot of money.

If you aren't all that would amount to is what it always has in the pass one school being jealous and managing to get something done that in the big picture will hurt to whole conf.,Talk about crawfish in a freaking barrel.

Sad commentary!!

Like we needed it, dude your Praire View. Lets see it was in Jackson, Shrevport hmmmm I guess its ok as long as it doesn't seem that SU has it.

Jesus freaking christ, this is the exact type of stupidity that keeps the SWAC from moving forward and why others need to be kicked the "L" they're more concern about making excuses as to why the don't have a program then the welfare of the conference.

I guess having the Basketball tournament in texas wasn't home feild advantage either, if our leadership is dumb enough to agree with this we're in trouble.

Your dealing with a sport that isn't normally a money maker and making money but your going to move it to appease a few schools that don't have a program or the support.

Sadder Commentary!!

You are really a sad individual. It is easy to call names and redicule a collective group of leaders over the interenet. Especially when it is easy to read from your commentary that you have very little knowledge of what is going on in regards to this deal. I really hope you have a more professional demeanor in public when you decide to voice your opinion.

Originally posted by Jafus (Thinker)
Bigtyme69,

Sad!! You sound like the young men at the local YMCA I volunteer my tutoring service to help increase their math acumen. When they do not like, do not understand it, or they are to lazy to figure it out. It is stupid.

Bluedog,

Sad commentary!!

Sadder Commentary!!

You are really a sad individual. It is easy to call names and redicule a collective group of leaders over the interenet. Especially when it is easy to read from your commentary that you have very little knowledge of what is going on in regards to this deal. I really hope you have a more professional demeanor in public when you decide to voice your opinion.

I voiced my opinion which is my right and if you had taken the time to read in my comments under what circumstances I would consider this move stupid you and anybody with any sense of honesty would agree.

You don't change a proven formula to appease a group and I'll repeat if that is the case and there isn't any guranteed money it's "STUPID" and whether I know what's going on or not is irrelevant, and to give an excuse that its because of home field advantage is a bunch of crap.

Now if you don't care to read my comments in its entirety and its full context, fine that's on you but lets be honest at least if Texas wasn't involved you could care less.

Bluedog,

It is okay, I read your post and I am aware that it is your opinion. But your opinion sought to calling individuals in leadership positions stupid and felt the need to comment on that injustice in my opinion. Especially, since you are calling our leadership stupid and you do not have the slightest idea what the contractual issues or obligations are in regards to this deal and you even admit that.

With all the "if's", LOL. Just admit it. At this point in time you do not have any idea or enough information to say whether this deal is stupid or not. Furthermore you do not have any idea what is going on if you really believe that Prairie View A & M University and/or Texas Southern University were pushing for this deal. I am sure that our officials would support it.

But pushing it? No, our officials have greater concerns with positioning the academic arena in terms of our new president and building the football program and continue pushing the basketball program in its current winning state in terms of our athletic director. If you honestly believe that was the case then you are really out of the loop.

Remember, this announcement is coming from the SWAC and Houston Sports Authority. This agenda item is coming from the Houston Sports Authority and I for one know for a fact that they have other bigger agenda items that they are planning to accomplish outside of this announcement in regards to the SWAC and Houston Sporting Events.

Honestly, I would love to know that either Texas Southern and/or Prairie View A & M University, especially PV had that type of influence on the conference presidents and conference office officials. But, our president is to new to the SWAC to currently have that type of influence.

This is just hilarious thinking about how outrageous your comments are on this subject.

Originally posted by bluedog

When has Southern ever cared about doing what's best for the conference?

Besides, there are probably more SU folks in Houston than they are in Baton Rouge (just kidding).

Originally posted by Bigtyme69
The SWAC would be stupid to move baseball to MM park when Baseball just had it most sucessful tourny ever in Baton Rouge.:confused:

I heard the Baseball Tourney was succesful in Natchez, Mississippi.

Originally posted by SAME OLD G
I think some of you are forgetting one very important factor when determining where the SCG should be held. While it sounds good to have the SCG held in Shreveport or Jackson, you have to ask the question how bad do the cities of Shreveport and Jackson what to have the SCG? What are they going to give us (the SWAC ) to bring the game there.

They came up with a hard to beat offer when they lobbied for the Bayou Classic. They were very serious about have the game played there. It wasn?t until that happened that the City of N.O. decided to get off its ass to put a decent package together to keep the BC in New Orleans.

If Shreveport Sports Authority was under the impression or knew that the SWAC was looking to relocate the SCG I am sure they would have mounted a campaign. I think Shreveport would be ideal for the SWAC offices and for the spring sports (baseball, tennis, bowling, softball, golf, tennis, SOCCER & VOLLEYBALL etc).

We all know that the Bayou Classic wasn't going to Houston no matter what they offered.

I will be happy as long as we keep soccer and volleyball.... We have oustanding crowds at both championships.... You should see teams faces when they come to Elmore for volleyball... We pull in about 2000 each game, with an ELECTRIC atmosphere... All teams are always at volleyball games (track, football, both basketball teams, soccer, etc) to support the volleyball team and we can get real ROWDY during a volleyball matchup.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by DAHILL
I will be happy as long as we keep soccer and volleyball.... We have oustanding crowds at both championships.... You should see teams faces when they come to Elmore for volleyball... We pull in about 2000 each game, with an ELECTRIC atmosphere... All teams are always at volleyball games (track, football, both basketball teams, soccer, etc) to support the volleyball team and we can get real ROWDY during a volleyball matchup.

Would it be as exciting if your team wasn't participating?

Originally posted by SAME OLD G

When you consider the amount of money the City of Houston had to put up in getting Reliant Stadium built, they are going to do whatever possible to pimp that stadium for every dollar they can get. They came up with a hard to beat offer when they lobbied for the Bayou Classic. They were very serious about have the game played there. It wasn?t until that happened that the City of N.O. decided to get off its ass to put a decent package together to keep the BC in New Orleans.

Do you honestly think you got the best deal possible from the City of New Orleans?

Sometimes you have to show those sports authorities who really have the economic mite by moving a event for a year, then they will come to the table in a better manner.

I'm not saying this just to bring it to Houston, you could have taken it somewhere else just to prove your point.

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
Would it be as exciting if your team wasn't participating?

nope.... but I know that AAMU will always be participating so it really doesnt matter... I went to a volleyball game at Tenn State and it was just BORING... I guess I have been to too many AAMU games. As long as Betty Austin is at AAMU, they are going to win the championship.... This year it will be a lil bit more interesting because we lost TWO major players in the past two weeks to season ending injuries... they were two all swac performers. I got faith in Coach Austin though. As far as soccer we are too far ahead of any SWAC school, I dont think AAMU will ever lose a soccer championship... it aint because they are actually good, the rest of the schools are just THAT BAD.

Originally posted by DAHILL
nope.... but I know that AAMU will always be participating so it really doesnt matter...

As far as soccer we are too far ahead of any SWAC school, I dont think AAMU will ever lose a soccer championship... it aint because they are actually good, the rest of the schools are just THAT BAD.

:lmao: I feel the same way about the ICON in football.

:smh: You do realize that GSU was in the first year of soccer.

Originally posted by Jafus (Thinker)
Bluedog,

It is okay, I read your post and I am aware that it is your opinion. But your opinion sought to calling individuals in leadership positions stupid and felt the need to comment on that injustice in my opinion. Especially, since you are calling our leadership stupid and you do not have the slightest idea what the contractual issues or obligations are in regards to this deal and you even admit that.

With all the "if's", LOL. Just admit it. At this point in time you do not have any idea or enough information to say whether this deal is stupid or not. Furthermore you do not have any idea what is going on if you really believe that Prairie View A & M University and/or Texas Southern University were pushing for this deal. I am sure that our officials would support it.

But pushing it? No, our officials have greater concerns with positioning the academic arena in terms of our new president and building the football program and continue pushing the basketball program in its current winning state in terms of our athletic director. If you honestly believe that was the case then you are really out of the loop.

Remember, this announcement is coming from the SWAC and Houston Sports Authority. This agenda item is coming from the Houston Sports Authority and I for one know for a fact that they have other bigger agenda items that they are planning to accomplish outside of this announcement in regards to the SWAC and Houston Sporting Events.

Honestly, I would love to know that either Texas Southern and/or Prairie View A & M University, especially PV had that type of influence on the conference presidents and conference office officials. But, our president is to new to the SWAC to currently have that type of influence.

This is just hilarious thinking about how outrageous your comments are on this subject.

Well glad to put a smile on your face, but your starting to sounds like your alum accusing me of saying I have knowlege of any of what is being supposedlly going on.

I'll try one more time and if it doesn't sink in...tough, "IF" it is done and done under those condition or for those reason it would be "STUPID" by all involved.

Just a thought...what about having the SCG (football) played in the home of the team with the best overall record? Would this be considered an unfair advantage? Probably so, but think about the attendance boost!

Originally posted by MikeBigg
Just a thought...what about having the SCG (football) played in the home of the team with the best overall record? Would this be considered an unfair advantage? Probably so, but think about the attendance boost!

Ahhh MikeBigg it's already been played in the home of one of the participants for the last couple of years, so what makes you think because one of them may have the best record it's going to magically change something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back