And they say Houston isn't worthy enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu Panther

The name says it all
first piece of the SWAC puzzle has been solved. Bring your sun tan lotion...better yet...the "ROOF" will be closed probably for the title game.

Basketball...your next

So Blu Panther are you saying the SWAC Championship football game will be moved to Houston's Reliant Stadium after next year?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Tigerpride
It should be in Jackson.

I agree accept for four problems, the attendance count, stealing money, entrance and entertainment other than tailgating.

I'm curious

Originally posted by Blu Panther
you'll see next week....lets just say that we're now a major player.

Where are you getting this information from?

Do you know of any other cities in contention?

Blu Panther hosts the Houston SWAC Sports Report on a local area radio station as well as works for a local newspaper.

"Luck" of the Irish....didn't I try to tell you all in August when I saw the reps there?

BP, keep us posted. I am pulling for H-town. Hopefully if they get it we can market it the right way. If we can make it an event, I think it would be received well.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
you'll see next week....lets just say that we're now a major player.

Bruh why don't
you stop all the cloath and dagger stuff and tell folks what you think you know.....gesh! :rolleyes:

Bluedog,

Bruh why don't
you stop all the cloath and dagger stuff and tell folks what you think you know.....gesh!

He knows. But in his position sometimes he is not able to share it with the public until the official announcement has been made. The announcement will be made to the public next Friday by the SWAC and the Houston Sports Authority.

I think Houston could be a good spot....I have never been there but I can't see how it could be any worse than Bham. However, this is about the SWAC and SWAC football. We need to fill the STANDS first and foremost. If the game is in Jackson, we are looking at 60K fans because all of the SWAC will be in driving distance. No, there may not be a lot to do in Jackson but we can make things happen. We have hotel ballrooms for the classy, clubs for the student and clubs for the ghetto grown folks. But that ain't even the point. We need to be looking at sponsors for and getting 20-25 dollars for 60K fans rather than sponsors and 20-25 dollars for 30K fans. $20 X 30K fans (loss revenue) would equate to 600K. Memorial is also cheap to rent. We need money in the SWAC, not places to hang out.

I defintely think Houston deseves a chance to host the SCG. It surely can't do any worse than Birmingham as far as media coverage and attendance.

Also, this game needs to be in a Dome. We've been lucky with weather but that may change in the future.

Originally posted by Jag Voice
.....It surely can't do any worse than Birmingham as far as media coverage.........

Huh. You wanna bet. Don't get me started on the Houston media.

But anyway, it would be nice to see the SCG here in Houston.:D

Originally posted by Jafus (Thinker)
Bluedog,

He knows. But in his position sometimes he is not able to share it with the public until the official announcement has been made. The announcement will be made to the public next Friday by the SWAC and the Houston Sports Authority.

We ain't the public we cousin. :D

opps :D

SCG

This game would only work if Southern University who has the Largest Following in Houston would be envloved. I have the slightest idea who esle would bring a crowd?

Originally posted by TSU/BAMA
Huh. You wanna bet. Don't get me started on the Houston media.

But anyway, it would be nice to see the SCG here in Houston.:D

EXACTLY. The Houston newspaper, the state's second largest, doesn't even cover Texas Southern.

That said, I think Reliant is a good choice, because it is a world class facility.

But, for convenience for ALL fans, it might be better to consider the Indy Bowl or Miss. Vets Memorial. Whatever the place, Birmingham seems to have run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back