America's Next Top Model...coming Wednesday!

LaMont said:
Yes I noticed! I'm wondering if Tara is reaching out to a new demographic group. I mean, most of the other girls that were picked were okay but some of the sisters that were left out were stunners.

I think you have to take a look at the industry and what they normally pull from: Skinny, white chicks with legs.
I'd like to believe that there is a fair shot out there, as far as receiving an audition. But in the end, they're going to pick who fits what they're looking and that's fine.
And that industry is more than about just a "pretty face." You've got to have personality and lots of confidence. And a couple of those black girls that didn't make it just looked "average" to me.

Now this go around, Tyra and judges did pick one or two white girls that really could've been left off. But I think they see potential and also want to see what they can mold out of them.

Lawd have mercy!!!! Some of those girls were just plain wrong for trying out. I was mad Mary was rejected two years in a row. I think she's a beautiful full figured girl and I hope she doens't let this discourage her. I just knew for sure she was IN, but oh well. :|

Miss Tiffany from Miami.........I know this child is gonna keep us tuned into the set for the season. She will SAY ANYTHING!!! Did yall hear her say she has gone from....AMERICA'S MOST WANTED to AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL???????!!!!!! I fell out. :what: :smh: :dead:
Why do yall cousins have to embarrass us like that??!!!!!!!!!! :look:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
LaMont said:
Jelli,

Yes I noticed! I'm wondering if Tara is reaching out to a new demographic group. I mean, most of the other girls that were picked were okay but some of the sisters that were left out were stunners.

Related note: I'm somewhat angry that that arrogant Yaya also got a Ford Modeling contract.

This year's picking pool seemed kinda 'low class'. You had folks pigeon toed, the chick from FL with those ghetto white shoes, everyone had a sob story, alot of bad shapes.............. I think this years winner will be white, I'm leaning on the chick from Tallahasse, FL.

Agreed! I mean some of those ladies had horrible figures. And you are very correct - lots of trailoristic types in this cycle. YIKES.

Ok now how are they not going send the chick from Houston home. She was working my nerves bad with all that complaining. Did you all see how they were ragging on that girl who weighed 138lbs.:smh:

jelli said:
Ok now how are they not going send the chick from Houston home. She was working my nerves bad with all that complaining. Did you all see how they were ragging on that girl who weighed 138lbs.:smh:

I think they sent Brita (girl who weighed 138) home, because her pictures sucked; they said she was stiff during the photo session and that she was a little on the thick side.

Plus, they saw potential in Brandy, even though that heffa did have a stank attitude. But Eva had attitude, too, remember? I think they are willing to work with someone with good potential who just needs an attitude adjustment vs. putting too much time into someone who didn't take good shots and who would need to lose a minimum of 10-12 lbs.

jelli said:
Ok now how are they not going send the chick from Houston home. She was working my nerves bad with all that complaining.

Zippin' her was the easiest and obvious choice. The only reason she's still there is Tyra. Maybe she's sees potential, I don't. At least the other sister tried to toned down her complaining.

Man when I saw that red afro wearing chick and her attitude, I couldn't belive it just like Nigel. She was complaining like she was supposed to have been there and needless to speak on her chopped up english while complaining.

Then she turned around and did the same thing with the make-over! Come on now, I don't see her shaking that anytime soon. She'll be one of the next to go.............

These girls all have serious CASES! I'm tired of the ghetto chick from FL too, just as Mr. Jay said- when he looks at her all he can see if her SAD Story- I mean how long will that last? :shades:

SLT said:
TIMBER!!!! :flippy:

You're so wrong! :lol:
I don't like that Rebecca (from Minnesota) too much. That chick looks prejudice to me. She may be good, but she doesn't click too well with me.

I thought Keenyah's picture was absolutely gorgeous last night. :tup:

yeah Rebecca did take it over the edge too much......she looks too cartoon/ commercial like- she'll be gone afterwhile. :lecture: :shades:

ms.sonic96 said:
she looks too cartoon/ commercial like

She doesn't have any striking features. She looks plain to me.
Some of those girls have features that stand out, whether it's eyes, bone structure, etc.

CriTAUcal said:
I thought Keenyah's picture was absolutely gorgeous last night. :tup:

Yep...if she photographs like this for the rest of the show, she'll be hard to beat.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
FAB5 said:
Yep...if she photographs like this for the rest of the show, she'll be hard to beat.

I agree. Tyra said the photgrapher got that picture on the first snap. Now that's great! :tup:

Did anyone see that heffa fall? WTF! :eek: I heard her say it has something to do w/a condition she's had since she was 3 years old.

Toccara looks great!!!! :tup:
ANTM served its purpose for her, because it opened a door for her that would've otherwise may not have been opened.

Back