American Idol - Season 5

Personally, I don't understand how they're saying this is the best season for AI, b/c I'm not seeing it. Nobody sang well last night, but Paris and Elliott. I can't seem to figure out what they're seeing in this Katherine McPhee chic. That heffa sounded nothing like Christina Aguilara, last night. :smh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Mandisa didn't do it for me last night.

Paris was alright...but she has an old soul....one of those kids who were raised with old folks but they act OLD....Something about her wasn't right...but the vocals on the song and the song were tight. I want her to LOOSE all that jewelry.

I still like Katherine...and Elliot is tight!

What's the little black girl that looks like Aaliyah? Well, I believe she's gonna go tonight. She just can't sing. Maybe she should try modeling.

NASTYNUPE said:
What's the little black girl that looks like Aaliyah? Well, I believe she's gonna go tonight. She just can't sing. Maybe she should try modeling.

Lisa was one of the best when they were going from 24-12. It's like she became someone else.
Tonight, she will be the weakest link, but I'm hoping it's Bucky.

JagsPride said:
Lisa was one of the best when they were going from 24-12. It's like she became someone else.
Tonight, she will be the weakest link, but I'm hoping it's Bucky.

you were right

Btwn Bucky and Katherine, Bucky should have left. He sucked as well as Ace. Some ppl there should have been gone. This has been the worst season so far, in my opinion.

Warndalyn said:
Personally, I don't understand how they're saying this is the best season for AI, b/c I'm not seeing it. Nobody sang well last night, but Paris and Elliott. I can't seem to figure out what they're seeing in this Katherine McPhee chic. That heffa sounded nothing like Christina Aguilara, last night. :smh:

I don't think that she was supposed to...
uhh.gif

Last week was my first chance getting to see the contestants since the auditions so I can't really say much. However, I disagree with you all like I did last year. I have heard of Katherine McPhee and I expected something great but I didn't see it. She sucked but the judges liked her. Before tonight, I had only seen Chris, the black girl who got booted off first and Paris all on diffenent weeks when I caught the beginning or the end. However, without seeing the Chicken Little dude, it seems that this group may be as good as last years group...who, to me, were the best ever.

If I had to rank the AI years, it would be:

Season 4
Season 5 (for what little I have seen)
Season 2
Season 1 (I did not see a whole lot of season one but I have heard most of them on occasion since then. To this day, I still can't believe people were saying that Tamyra Gray was robbed.)
Season 3

If I had to pick from what I saw last week, this is Chris's competition to lose. I hear that Bucky normally sucks but he did it last week. Elliott can sing but I hate how they jacked up one of my favorite songs (arrangement-wise). Ace sounded much like the original song but he did a good job on, again, one of my favorite songs. I guess he sounded to much like the original song for Simon. The grey haired dude is going to make it to the finals but SHOULD lose to Chris. I expected much more out of Mandisa. It was my first time seeing her and she was off key most of the song. Paris shocked the heck out of me because the first time I saw her, she was totally different than what she did last week. I liked how she changed it up (or has she done similar songs before?)

To me, that Kelli girl and McPhee girl need to go but they are still MUCH better than over half of the people from the first 3 seasons.

{ThaRespected1} said:
I don't think that she was supposed to...
uhh.gif
well, the judges stated that she DID sound a lot like Christina...and almost sang the song better than her. That was the point, I was making. :rolleyes:

Warndalyn said:
well, the judges stated that she DID sound a lot like Christina...and almost sang the song better than her. That was the point, I was making. :rolleyes:

That's the point you TRIED to make. Be more specific before you just throw out random stuff. That's all...before you go to rollin' your eyez :shame:

I was not shocked they let Mandisa go. I called it when the three groups were first established.

I'm losing respect for AI.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I think Black folx took country week off. Result: Mandisa, Paris and the funky white boy in the bottom three. Mandisa gone. :bawling:

to me they were the most talented of the show..........
Is it me or is this the most boring........AI yet............ :uhoh: :uhoh:

JagGrad said:
yes, it is beyond boring...it's not like it used to be, when the show first started. They're not doing anything to make this season interesting, at all. No scandals, no nothing...they use to show the contestants in their home together, and everything...nothing, this season. :tdown:

Warndalyn said:
yes, it is beyond boring...it's not like it used to be, when the show first started. They're not doing anything to make this season interesting, at all. No scandals, no nothing...they use to show the contestants in their home together, and everything...nothing, this season. :tdown:

maybe with increased talent, they don't need as much fluff...but i get what you are saying.

I think last season was pretty wack. The winner of last year's show is the epitome of boring. I can't even remember her name right now.

JagGrad said:

NASTYNUPE said:
I think last season was pretty wack. The winner of last year's show is the epitome of boring. I can't even remember her name right now.

I don't remember her name either but the white folks love her. I think she is double platinum with 4 Country Music Award Nominations.

Why in the hell did they choose Queen as the theme tonight? Those songs...man...I just wasn't feeling tonight's show.

Back