Alcorn State to build largest HBCU stadium owned Video Scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

So if everyone in the SWAC have a video board would coaches be able to challenge plays like they do in FBS games?

So if everyone in the SWAC have a video board would coaches be able to challenge plays like they do in FBS games?

I would say no because most only carry 3 camera angles and all of them are from the home side.

Only if they have the right cameras. But I would say yes because most of the new jumbotrons come with the replay equipment and cameras. The schools would have to build little cameras booth though. I think the SWAC should allow schools who have the equipment to use it, that would indirectly put pressure on others to aim toward those goals. AA&M, valley, gram, pB and I'm not sure about TxSU are the only ones who Dnt have a video tron yet. I see grambling being next. Most SWAC schools have nice stadiums. I see the upgrade to turf and adding a nice video board being definently a nice addition to SWAC stadiums that will keep them modernized without having to spend to much money on building suits, etc.

GSU,UAPB,MVSU,AAMU, don't have them yet

Way to go, Braves. I believe it will be impressive to fans and visitors alike.

Money for a video board is part of the AAMU $16M capital campaign...We already had exceeded our goal and raised $19M... At the Board meeting during the MCC, the goal was raised to $22M. We will have one soon, probably when the campaign ends. I imagine Alcorn's board will be a guide for us..

Last edited:
I personally think ours is too small... but that's probably because our stadium is too big. This should be a good look at Alcorn!

Lol....The viewing size of you board had nothing to do with the size of the stadium; your board is big or little because it is big or little. What you mean is JSU needs a new board. When you get something free it is generally second-class or a hand-me-down.

Lol....The viewing size of you board had nothing to do with the size of the stadium; your board is big or little because it is big or little. What you mean is JSU needs a new board. When you get something free it is generally second-class or a hand-me-down.

Not true.. and obviously, you never seen our board... Alcorn is boasting on the size of theirs but its pretty much the same size as ours. We have the best stadium in the SWAC and the best video board. Size of the stadium def matters.

Money for a video board is part of the AAMU $16M capital campaign...We already had exceeded our goal and raised $19M... At the Board meeting during the MCC, the goal was raised to $22M. We will have one soon, probably when the campaign ends. I imagine Alcorn's board will be a guide for us..

martin.jpg

Also, yo

JSUs board was a guide for theirs and will be a guide for yours. Ya'll still need to tear that stadium down and start over tho...

Not true.. and obviously, you never seen our board... Alcorn is boasting on the size of theirs but its pretty much the same size as ours. We have the best stadium in the SWAC and the best video board. Size of the stadium def matters.
SU>. SU has HD and SU's actual screen is bigger. Y'all can have the bigger display lol.

just waiting on the word...this is the only component we lack now that new track is being put to good use with the SWAC Track & Field Meet and other events

SU>. SU has HD and SU's actual screen is bigger. Y'all can have the bigger display lol.
Y'all screen bigger than who's JSU or alcorn. Su screen dimensions are 18 feet tall and 48 feet wide. JSU is 24 ft tall and 62ft wide and alcorn is to be 25 ft tall and 65 ft wide. Those are the dimensions for the just the video screen not the entire board including the boarder.alcorn will have the largest, JSU second, SU third and Bama state 4th. Bama state entire board is 64 ft wide, not sure what there video screen dimensions are.

Last edited:

Also, yo

JSUs board was a guide for theirs and will be a guide for yours. Ya'll still need to tear that stadium down and start over tho...

tear what stadium down TP? get an "on campus" for your school then talk to us instead of that handout stadium yall play in with the conferedrate soldier chilling in front of it lol

tear what stadium down TP? get an "on campus" for your school then talk to us instead of that handout stadium yall play in with the conferedrate soldier chilling in front of it lol
That's what I was saying imo A&M has a damn nice stadium.

just like we think jsu is smalltime so it looks like the feeling is mutual lol

you are a hater though ....your comments everytime A&M is mentioned show that you are! lol

SPADY 2

smalltime jsu 0
How do you all keep bringing up JSU losses to anybody. These last 2 years didn't nor doesn't define the overall strength of the program. Who didn't beat JSU, even valley beat us so how would that make JSU small time. I was with you on the stadium thing but honestly A&M is small time in the SWAC. Gsu not small time and they had a few bad years, SU not small time and they had a few bad years under stump so what's the different with JSU. If JSU is small time then the entire SWAC is small time because honestly when people talk about the SWAC, non- SWAC people I only hear them talking about Grambling, JSU and SU!!! Back to Alcorn Jumbotron, Congrats on helping upgrade the SWAC.

Also, yo

No they dont. The design is bad. They only have good concrete.. LOL

I guess you just don't understand anything about designs. AAMU's stadium was designed with expansion in mind. Therefore, room was left to add other things that were not important at the time the stadium was built. With our design, we won't have any problems incorporating new features when the expansion or renovation is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back