Alcorn State to build largest HBCU stadium owned Video Scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brave

Da Better U get, Da Better we get & That's IT
http://www.alcorn.edu/news/item/ind...nglePublic&LinkID=8568&ModuleID=74&&NEWSPID=1

Defending Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) Football Champions Alcorn State University Braves will soon boast the nation's largest Historically Black College and University owned video scoreboard when they kick off the 2016 season at Spinks-Casem Stadium this fall.

The LED display is expected to measure 65 feet by 25 feet, will feature an impressive 10 mm pixel pitch and a high quality 1952x736 resolution. It will be capable of variable content zoning allowing it to show one large image or it can be divided into multiple smaller windows to show any combination of live video, instant replays, up-to-the-minute statistics, graphics and animations, and sponsorship messages.

The swac just showing out I see, from new stadiums to new jumbotrons. Go head on then. It's definently going to be huge if its 65/25 plus the boarder. JSU is large at 62/24 with no boarder.

I guess they will have to build a control room for that as they have no space in the press box...they have a lot of space in the field for a board

The swac just showing out I see, from new stadiums to new jumbotrons. Go head on then. It's definently going to be huge if its 65/25 plus the boarder. JSU is large at 62/24 with no boarder.

I personally think ours is too small... but that's probably because our stadium is too big. This should be a good look at Alcorn!

Last edited:
I personally think ours is too small... but that's probably because our stadium is too big. This should be a good look at Alcorn!
I said the same thing man. It's waay to small for that stadium. It look like a small screen tv in the living room. I said that when I first saw it. If we had a boarder that would help with the score and downs without having to put the score on the screen. If we had a boarder it would fit into the stadiums layout much better. We needed one similar to what Liberty bowl has. But screen wise its fine but without that boarder it makes it look small.

Last edited:
It's a common mistake...if you got to put the score and distance info plus sponsors your actual video space is small

A lot of people opt to have a fixed board so you can charge or not charge other teams to use the board when you host neutral games

Or if the board goes out and there is no fixed board you are in trouble

We can show off from the field but on the field, we can't whoop a MEAC Team or Weak FBS Team to save our life...smh.

Dude, why don't you just shut the hell up sometimes...stay complaining....get cho ass out there and play then since you got all the answers ...
We can show off from the field but on the field, we can't whoop a MEAC Team or Weak FBS Team to save our life...smh.

I said the same thing man. It's waay to small for that stadium. It look like a small screen tv in the living room. I said that when I first saw it. If we had a boarder that would help with the score and downs without having to put the score on the screen. If we had a boarder it would fit into the stadiums layout much better. We needed one similar to what Liberty bowl has. But screen wise its fine but without that boarder it makes it look small.
Well, it was free so I ain't complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back