A&T to play Wake Forest this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Bell the coach in BCF if you aren't even sure he will be better than Hughes?

I mean, you just said you're not even sure if he is the right man for the job.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Thrilla,

You have no clue what Bell has to work through. So let my opinion be mine okay?? How am I supposed to know where Bell is going with this? All I know is that the last two recruiting classes were much better than Hughes classes....all three of them. I like Bell off the field. The only thing that needs to be determined is if he can be an on field coach. Hughes was neither so at least we are half way there. Depleted teams lose football games. Look at what happened to A&T in 2001 when all they lost was ONE player. We played a new offensive and defensive system last year and neither was even remotely similar to the previous one. We need to improve our offensive production and keep our defense healthy or have the necessary depth to replace quality athletes. SU and AAMU both suffered in first year offenses. Grambling was not explosive in 1998, 1999, or 2000. These things take time but I don't have a crystal ball to see if Bell is going to make. Sorry. :confused:

All I can stand by is knowing that he is best coach in BCF.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
Mighty Hornet, this time last year you were DEAD LAST!! So what is your point??

MH

You care to respond to this. You were in last place and you did lose to Valley at home.

Get Ready,

You know that we are about to see a grand diversion. He won't answer that.

They were at the bottom in 1999, average at best in 2000, on the rise in 2001, flopped in 2002 , yet they are better than team that finshed no lower than second during that time.

According to he and JRock, only 2003 counts. :confused:

The only history that counts is the history that is kind to them. Notice how its OK to talk about the last 7 years, but if we say you have only won 1 championship in your history, thats too ancient to talk about.

...and at this point, it's okay that Petey got schooled by Hughes because it did not happen in 2003. Pete is a mastermind again that could NEVER go 1-5 with talent that he assembled. :rolleyes:

ummm TP and GR,
3 of the last 4 years ASU finished tied or atop the East. How many of those years was JSU first? Yeah, we were last last year and guess what???
We still whooped your arse. And according to GR, that was your best team in the last 15 years
What does that say about the sad state of your program.

TP,
just yesterday, you put ASU in a league all its own! (told you not to underestimate me)

be honest with yourselves people. Anybody with walking around sense could see that ASU has passed JSU by.
Nothing you did in the 80s gon help yall now. So, let it go. For your own sake!

These things take time but I don't have a crystal ball to see if Bell is going to make. Sorry.

All I can stand by is knowing that he is best coach in BCF.

You can have any opinion you want but please try not to contradict yourself. Either Bell is the best coach in the BCF or you are not sure he is the right man for the job. Stop talking out both sides of your mouth.

The truth is Bell has done nothing at JSU that shows he is any better than any other coach in BCF. It can definitely be argued that he is worse.

According to he and JRock, only 2003 counts. :confused:

:emlaugh: Aaaahhh, don't worry about that TP! As I said in an earlier thread on the SMACK board......they're both Co-Sign Lovers! :lol:

:smh: Mighty Hornet & J-Rock! The hate, the hate, the hate!!! :lmao:

...and at this point, it's okay that Petey got schooled by Hughes because it did not happen in 2003. Pete is a mastermind again that could NEVER go 1-5 with talent that he assembled. :rolleyes:

The Dean Pete Profile:

93........11-1
95.........11-1
97.........11-1
99..........11-2
03...........12-1

This man is the 2nd coming of "Ace" Mumford! Face it we BADDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by JROCK
The Dean Pete Profile:

93........11-1
95.........11-1
97.........11-1
99..........11-2
03...........12-1

This man is the 2nd coming of "Ace" Mumford! Face it we BADDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!

:rolleyes: Yeah, in your eyes maybe! :emlaugh:

Is it a conincidence you left out Peetey's Not so good seasons? :lol:

Originally posted by mighty hornet

What does that say about the sad state of your program.

It says Hughes was running it

TP,
just yesterday, you put ASU in a league all its own! (told you not to underestimate me)

Alabama State should win the SWAC this year based on what they have returning and what everyone else does not. On paper, it's ASU and Grambling. But we all know what paper means right. On paper, you were last place in August. Let's just see how well Coe can really coach in the next two year as LC's influence leaves Montgomery.

However, none of that says that ASU is ahead of JSU. We have only had two losing seasons in 30 years and we have won TWO SWAC titles since you have.

Originally posted by bornthrilla

The truth is Bell has done nothing at JSU that shows he is any better than any other coach in BCF. It can definitely be argued that he is worse.

Any coach can have bad year. I know that I would rather have Bell than any other coach in Black College football. The only ones I would give benefit of doubt to are Alvin Wyatt and Donald Hill-Eley.

2003 Return to Dominace Recap

2003: 12-1-0

Coach:
Pete Richardson

Black College National Champions

Southwestern Athletic Conference Champions

SWAC - Western Division Champions

W/L
Date
PF
Opponent
PA

W
08-30-2003
Mississippi Valley St.
Itta Bena, MS

W
09-06-2003
Prairie View A&M (TX)
Baton Rouge, LA

W
09-13-2003
North Carolina A&T
Las Begas, NV

W
09-27-2003
Alabama St.
Baton Rouge, LA

W
10-04-2003
Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Baton Rouge, LA

W
10-11-2003
Alabama A&M
Baton Rouge, LA

W
10-18-2003
Jackson St. (MS)
Jackson, MS

L
10-25-2003
Alcorn St. (MS)
Baton Rouge, LA

W
11-01-2003
Allen (SC)
Baton Rouge, LA

W
11-08-2003
Lincoln (MO)
Baton Rouge, LA

W
11-15-2003
Texas Southern
Houston, TX

W
11-29-2003
Grambling St. (LA)
New Orleans, LA

W
12-13-2003
Alabama St.
SWAC Championship Game

Season Totals

Re: 2003 Return to Dominace Recap

Originally posted by JROCK
2003: 12-1-0

Coach:
Pete Richardson

Black College National Champions

Southwestern Athletic Conference Champions

SWAC - Western Division Champions

W/L
Date
PF
Opponent
PA

W
08-30-2003
Mississippi Valley St.
Itta Bena, MS

W
09-06-2003
Prairie View A&M (TX)
Baton Rouge, LA

W
09-13-2003
North Carolina A&T
Las Begas, NV

W
09-27-2003
Alabama St.
Baton Rouge, LA

W
10-04-2003
Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Baton Rouge, LA

W
10-11-2003
Alabama A&M
Baton Rouge, LA

W
10-18-2003
Jackson St. (MS)
Jackson, MS

L
10-25-2003
Alcorn St. (MS)
Baton Rouge, LA

W
11-01-2003
Allen (SC)
Baton Rouge, LA

W
11-08-2003
Lincoln (MO)
Baton Rouge, LA

W
11-15-2003
Texas Southern
Houston, TX

W
11-29-2003
Grambling St. (LA)
New Orleans, LA

W
12-13-2003
Alabama St.
SWAC Championship Game

Season Totals

:confused: HUH! :smh: SAD!

Re: Re: 2003 Return to Dominace Recap

Originally posted by coldsweat
:confused: HUH! :smh: SAD!

I am wondering where JRocks last two posts came from. This dude shole know how to get off the subject.

Originally posted by mighty hornet
Any coach, who gets hyped up the way you hype up Bell, should have had at least one "good" year.

It's unavoidable that he takes over the SWAC and becomes the class of BCF. You all are going to eat these words.

It's unavoidable that he takes over the SWAC and becomes the class of BCF. You all are going to eat these words.

Entry #500 of "posts that come back to haunt you."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back