A&T to play Wake Forest this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by AAMU Alum
In what way?

Had the name of JSU and the Sonic Boom along with our loyal following not showed up, the SCG would be like the Heritage Bowl. GONE.

We showed the world that it could work. Everyone wants to see us. Hughes is gone, so now we can save the SWAC.

Originally posted by Tigerpride

We showed the world that it could work. Everyone wants to see us. Hughes is gone, so now we can save the SWAC.

Not that any of what you posted made any sense (as your posts usually don't,) but Hughes got you to the ONE SCG you've been to.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Not that any of what you posted made any sense (as your posts usually don't,) but Hughes got you to the ONE SCG you've been to.

Big Daddy built that team. Hughes just stood on the sidelines and gave Rashad Anderson a hug every time he got burned by Michael Hayes.

.....and the SWAC sucked back then. There was not one decent team in the EAST aside from JSU in 1999. Alcorn was 0-11, Valley was Valley, AlaState was 2-9 and coached by Dickerson, AAMU was about 6-5 or 5-6....and that year, only divisional games counted. Hughes couldn't help but go to Bham with the talent he had and sad state of the rest of the SWAC.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
.....and the SWAC sucked back then. There was not one decent team in the EAST aside from JSU in 1999. Alcorn was 0-11, Valley was Valley, AlaState was 2-9 and coached by Dickerson, AAMU was about 6-5 or 5-6....and that year, only divisional games counted. Hughes couldn't help but go to Bham with the talent he had and sad state of the rest of the SWAC.

Well, now that your team sucks, how is it that you are going to save the SCG and the SWAC? You can't even save yourselves!

Well, now that your team sucks, how is it that you are going to save the SCG and the SWAC? You can't even save yourselves!

James Bell rescued us from Hughes and he is going to save the SWAC!!!!

Again Thrilla

You are absolutely right...I cant believe Im saying this.

If I were Culberson, I would leave the SWAC in football only. The SWAC offers nothing to JSU football wise. We can make our own schedule, without the SWAC if we have to. This is the most aweful conference with the most incompetent leaders ever.

TP is right....thangs are about to go back to the way they were.

Originally posted by Jafus (Thinker)
Get Ready,

Pssssss!!! North Carolina A & T State University does play North Carolina Central University and Elon University.

:)

uuuuh Jafus

You are so busy trying to defend Vowels until you cant comprehend what is being written. Do you think I just pulled NCCU and Elon out of the air? I know they play those teams already. My point was if they were in the SWAC, THATS ALL THEY COULD PLAY. They wouldnt have a chance to play a money game, get national coverage, and compete with someone better than them.

But Im sure you still want to sit down and look over Vowels 5 year plan and see just how this is going to pan out.

This is sad.

I hope...nevermind

You never told me what my agenda was. Lemme stop here, cause Im sure Ill have an agenda for NCAT&T now.

Seriously, I can't think of one negative scenario that would occur if JSU went independent in football only.

More money, better games, a greater chance to earn an at-large playoff birth, and happier fans.

bt,
All joking aside, who do you think JSU (or any other school) is to call some shots like that? As if they are Notre Dame and can align themselves with a conference in basketball and some other minor sports only, while making bank for themselves in football. And the SWAC would stand idly by and accept something like that.

heck, I'm sure just about any school in any conference could think of a scenario where it would be more profitable for them if they could schedule 11 (or 12) of the most lucrative, appealing games, without regard to who may or may not be in your conference.

Doesn't work like that. If it did, there would be more teams playing as football independents.

Originally posted by mighty hornet
bt,
All joking aside, who do you think JSU (or any other school) is to call some shots like that? As if they are Notre Dame and can align themselves with a conference in basketball and some other minor sports only, while making bank for themselves in football. And the SWAC would stand idly by and accept something like that.

heck, I'm sure just about any school in any conference could think of a scenario where it would be more profitable for them if they could schedule 11 (or 12) of the most lucrative, appealing games, without regard to who may or may not be in your conference.

Doesn't work like that. If it did, there would be more teams playing as football independents.

The conference would not allow it.....We would not get to play Alcorn, SU or Grambling. Our best option is to join the Southland conference and get some classics going like TNState does.

But don't worry BT.....this stupid mandate won't last long. Hopefully we can get you back on the schedule before 2008.

Well for one, JSU has a much larger fan base than most SWAC schools and has a larger stadium capacity. They would have a easier time attracting non-conference games than most SWAC schools. They are the one SWAC team most penalized by the BC and the Turkey Day Classic. Plus they appear like they desire to have a opportunity to participate in the 1-AA playoffs.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Thrilla,

We want to play in the playoffs becasue it just makes sense. However, pulling a FAMU is not wise either. Of course we could do it but do you think that SU, Gram, etc would sit by and let us pimp them???

Plus how would it really be a negative for SU or GSu since you can just continue your home and home contract with them. They can play you and still have their BC. Nothing else would change.

Originally posted by bornthrilla
Why not? You all just sit by and let SU and GSU pimp you at the end of each year. Fair is fair.

The bottomline is that our three biggest games are SU, Gram and Alcorn. We can't stand to lose those games for a home-home with BCC and SCState.

Originally posted by bornthrilla
Plus how would it really be a negative for SU or GSu since you can just continue your home and home contract with them. They can play you and still have their BC. Nothing else would change.

It won't be SU and GSU who get pissed...it will be the other schools that we don't want to play who get pissed. Then there will be a vote and JSU will be up the creek without a paddle.

Are we saying that the SWAC office would pull a mandate like the OVC did against A&M? HHHMMMMM???

SWAC schools wouldnt stand for it. They would still play JSU despite the idiots in Bham. JSU should leave the SWAC, play our top 5 SWAC games, mix in a Southland conference team or two....and a few MEAC schools. We can do it. JSU can no longer afford to let the lack of leadership in Bham empty our pockets.

Yeah, it's every man for himself in the SWAC now. SU and GSU have shown that personal greed wins over conference needs.

Originally posted by Get Ready
Are we saying that the SWAC office would pull a mandate like the OVC did against A&M? HHHMMMMM???

SWAC schools wouldnt stand for it. They would still play JSU despite the idiots in Bham. JSU should leave the SWAC, play our top 5 SWAC games, mix in a Southland conference team or two....and a few MEAC schools. We can do it. JSU can no longer afford to let the lack of leadership in Bham empty our pockets.

:cool: I say we play Southern, Grambling, Alcorn, Valley, both Bama schools, mix in 2 Southland Conference Schools (NW State, TN State,) and play a couple of MEAC schools. That's almost 12 games in all, and 10 of them will be money-makers! :)

The SWAC mandate needs to be gone. I would love to see Alcorn play a MEAC team and Southland Conference team in the Same year. Well what happened to everyone being able to play 12 games anyway?

Folks, this pie in the sky stuff aint about to happen. Again, a Notre Dame (they got their own personal national network) can pull something like that. But who else?

The SWAC and the individual schools would NEVER go for something as outrageous and slanted for one school, like that would be.

JSU's administrators would be crazy to even bring something like that to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back