24: Season 8

That daddy killing his youngest son was ruthless!!!

Did I already say that the Dana Walsh storyline is getting on my nerves?

I don't wanna see "mushy" Jack with Renee next week. :tdown:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Exactly. If anything he may be screwing his brother's wife. She is the one who may be in on it. Especially since she is pissed about the affair.

Or don't be shocked if that reporter really is in on all this. 24 likes to have some twists and then lead you to believe one thing only to twist it again. LOL.
Exactly, dear! :nod:

I'm telling ya'll.:lecture:
#1) The President's daughter is in on this shat.
That's why she stayed behind while her mother went back home.
She gonna end up like the USA president's daughter except her dad is going to say "Off with tha head".

#2) Is anybody sick of the "luv story" with ole girl and her ex-boyfriend.
That story line don't even make sense.:retard:
She is the #2 person at CTU and just waltz out the door whenever she feel like it.
Keep in mind that they are in the middle of a terrorist take down that involves everyone up to the President of the USA.
People ask where she is and just **shrug shoulders** when someone say she had to leave to handle personal business or off doing something that a lower tier worker could do like reset those off site servers.

#3) JACK IS BACK.:flippy:
That torture session got his mojo back.
And next week, when they try to frame ole girl to take the fall for not finding those nuke rods, her and Jack are going to be a team that surpasses Jack and Tony in terms of shat they do to get the job done. :nod:

Last edited:
She gonna end up like the USA president's daughter except her dad is going to say "Off with tha head".

She is the #2 person at CTU and just waltz out the door whenever she feel like it.
Keep in mind that they are in the middle of a terrorist take down that involves everyone up to the President of the USA.
People ask where she is and just **shrug shoulders** when someone say she had to leave to handle personal business or off doing something that a lower tier worker could do like reset those off site servers.

And next week, when they try to frame ole girl to take the fall for not finding those nuke rods, her and Jack are going to be a team that surpasses Jack and Tony in terms of shat they do to get the job done. :nod:

I don't think the daughter is involved. Now the Mother is the one I think may come back to be the one. The mother is all of the sudden out of the picture and back home when it would be dangerous for her to be there with all the stuff going on. That's who I think is involved.

Re: #2

I don't care for that stupid storyline either. I'm figuring that they will tie it in somehow, but for my money, its a complete waste of time in the 24 hour day.

Regards.

I don't care for that stupid storyline either. I'm figuring that they will tie it in somehow, but for my money, its a complete waste of time in the 24 hour day.

Regards.

When that comes on, I turn... I despise that storyline....

I don't think the daughter is involved. Now the Mother is the one I think may come back to be the one. The mother is all of the sudden out of the picture and back home when it would be dangerous for her to be there with all the stuff going on. That's who I think is involved.

I say it's the daughter because the mother is Old School muslim thinking as for being married.
She know ain't shat she can do about it so she just stepped out of the picture.
It took her that much time and courage just to confront her husband about it.

The daughter on the other hand is new school.
The way she talks to her dad and the way her mother talked to him are like night and day.
She running around questioning her father, giving orders to her fathers staff and most of them are MEN.
A woman don't do that in that world without having a "pair" big as boulders and something to fall back on.:lol:

Regards.

Hopefully this is the case but right now, like you said, a complete waste of time.
Not even good filler.

When that comes on, I turn... I despise that storyline....

I can't turn because I think I might miss something when they jump back to the action.

I damm near missed Jack take dude out with his feet because I turned to the WWE Wrestling hosted by Jerry Springer for 5 seconds.
When I flipped the channel, Jack was passed out and 5 seconds later when I flipped back, Jack was shocking the man to the ground using his feet. :lol:

Hopefully this is the case but right now, like you said, a complete waste of time.
Not even good filler.

I can't turn because I think I might miss something when they jump back to the action.

I damm near missed Jack take dude out with his feet because I turned to the WWE Wrestling hosted by Jerry Springer for 5 seconds.
When I flipped the channel, Jack was passed out and 5 seconds later when I flipped back, Jack was shocking the man to the ground using his feet. :lol:

I flip back and forth between the same 2 shows on Monday nights, LOL!! Luckily, my DVR can record 2 shows at the same time.

This is a good series so far in my opinion. Don't know why Tom Joyner says this is not good. I think Cybil and Jay are rubbing off on him. :lol:

Anyway have yall noticed that Jack never stop to eat or anything. Last night was the first time I think I saw him take a drink. lol

Well I guess 24 has lost it's punch. It's after 9pm Tuesday and no one has posted anything about last night's show. lol

It's March 4th. lol

Last edited:
24! Did I miss something?

Did I miss the protest announcement on this season of 24? Normally there would be a sticky with 5 pages of discussions but nothing so far! Have y'all stopped watching?

I'm still watching, but I don't look forward to watching like did in years past. I hope the show pick up in excitement.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: 24! Did I miss something?

Did I miss the protest announcement on this season of 24? Normally there would be a sticky with 5 pages of discussions but nothing so far! Have y'all stopped watching?

Warndalyn place as it sticky but someone else took it down. 24 has always been a sticky . But hey I guess 24 has lost it's punch with some. But it's still a good show for me.

That thread in here as it has always been. If you have read it or posted in it that was discuss.

We did have it as a sticky long time ago when it first started airing, but Fiyah seemed to have had a problem with it being a sticky now, so that's the end of that. I'm done discussing it.

I'm still watching sometimes, but it's starting to lose me...or my interest is just going away. :noidea: I'll merge this thread with the one already started.

I'm still enjoying the show.

I think the big difference in this year's show and the previous years is Jack now is "player-coach." That is taking some of the Maverick edge off on him, and it's what missing. Up until this year, Jack always had Bill Buchanon (sp) to play the role of "coach," i.e., somebody who could reel him in, be the voice of reason, keep things on an even keel, and he was somebody who Jack would listen to for advice.

Now, Jack has to do all of those things himself, and keep the others in check, while alternating between being "Jack." Just about every character on the show is new except Chloe. Even Renee has only been on one year, and already they've seem to X her off. Jack is coaching and training everybody, including Bubba. So he has to show restraint while training the team, and still trying to be Jack. Overall, it's probably not a good fit. And getting use to all of the new characters is another part of why its different this year.

The earlier episodes started out with a bang when we thought Renee was going to be the new Jack. Jack was in the coach's role, and she was the Maverick. That's what works for 24, especially when the plots, writing, and action are tight. Either Jack needs a boss who has the experience to coach him so he can go back to being a Maverick, or Jack needs become boss and let a new Maverick rise up under him. I not sure how well the latter will work, but the player-coach role has taken the edge off of the show, somewhat.

Regards.

Last edited:

I'm still enjoying the show.

I think the big difference in this year's show and the previous year is Jack now is "player-coach." That is taking some of the Maverick edge off on him, and it's what missing. Up until this year, Jack always had Bill Buchanon (sp) to play the role of "coach," i.e., somebody who could reel him in, be the voice of reason, keep things on an even keel, and he was somebody who Jack would listen to for advice.

Now, Jack has to do all of those things himself, and keep the others in check, while alternating between being "Jack." Just about every character on the show is new except Chloe. Even Renee has only been on one year, and already they've seem to X her off. Jack is coaching and training everybody, including Bubba. So he has to show restraint while training the team, and still trying to be Jack. Overall, it's probably not a good fit. And getting use to all of the new characters is another part of why its different this year.

The earlier episodes started out with a bang when we thought Renee was going to be the new Jack. Jack was in the coach's role, and she was the Maverick. That's what works for 24, especially when the plots, writing, and action are tight. Either Jack needs a boss who has the experience to coach him so he can go back to being a Maverick, or Jack needs become boss and let a new Maverick rise up under him. I not sure how well the latter will work, but the player-coach role has taken the edge off of the show, somewhat.

Regards.
:tup:

You summed it up, Dr. Mac. I don't like this new Jack...they need to bring some of the old characters back, or I don't see their ratings remaining too high.

:tup:

You summed it up, Dr. Mac. I don't like this new Jack...they need to bring some of the old characters back, or I don't see their ratings remaining too high.

Jack is back in the lead now.
The action picked up 10 fold since they didn't have RENE on the show last night.
Jack damm near got back to being Jack of old.
Just more proof on how those "love interest" plots of CTU agents take away from the overall show.

The only one of these love plots that worked was TONY's.
They just hinted on what was going on between them and didn't try to make a SOAP in the middle of 24.
The beginning of the next season, she got blown up and that was that.

Look at how the show bogged down when they showed that other nutt case drawing her boyfriend into a double murder and coverup.
International terrorist clowning and 2 of the top people at CTU running around chasing "Bob the Walmart Greeter" and crew. :lol:

As for old characters, remember TONY is not dead.
I got a feeling him and those "Internet Terror bosses" are gonna come back onto the scene in some kind of way later on.

Last edited:

Jack is back in the lead now.
The action picked up 10 fold since they didn't have RENE on the show last night.
Jack damm near got back to being Jack of old.
Just more proof on how those "love interest" plots of CTU agents take away from the overall show.

The only one of these love plots that worked was TONY's.
They just hinted on what was going on between them and didn't try to make a SOAP in the middle of 24.
The beginning of the next season, she got blown up and that was that.

Look at how the show bogged down when they showed that other nutt case drawing her boyfriend into a double murder and coverup.
International terrorist clowning and 2 of the top people at CTU running around chasing "Bb the Walmart Greeter" and crew. :lol:

As for old characters, remember TONY is not dead.
I got a feeling him and those "Internet Terror bosses" are gonna come back onto the scene in some kind of way later on.
I hope they bring Tony back...that's my man too. Even though his butt turned dirty, well maybe not so much dirty, just crazy as hell.

I'm still watching, but I don't look forward to watching like did in years past. I hope the show pick up in excitement.

Thats the way I've been with the show. Although i got it set up on the dvr at work so I can watch it the following morning, I haven't see the show for 3 weeks. Caught the last 2 episdoes this morning.

They need to let Dana crap go with all her BS. How the hell you gonna talk to someone on the phone who claims to be a parole officer and tell him where you work and you'll meet him with all this other terror stuff going on.

SMH.......

Back