24 - Season 5

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Are you ready for Jack?

The clock has already started ticking for the thrilling and unpredictable fifth season of 24, which will involve new cast members Sean Astin (Lynn McGill), ("The Lord of the Rings"), Jean Smart ("Garden State") and Connie Britton ("Friday Night Lights) along with newcomer Brady Corbet ("Thirteen"). 24's "Day 5" will start with a four-hour, two-night season premiere on Sunday, Jan. 8 and Monday, Jan. 9 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. The second hour on Monday, Jan. 9 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) will be the series' 100th episode. The fifth hour of 24 will air in the show's regular time period on Monday, Jan. 16 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), and the intense series will then unfold on a weekly basis without repeats or preemptions all the way until the heart-stopping season finale. Season five picks up 18 months later as national security is brutally breached and the thrilling clock begins to tick again. A presumably dead Jack Bauer is actually living a new life with DIANE (Connie Britton) and her son DEREK (Brady Corbet). Panicky PRESIDENT LOGAN (Gregory Itzin) is running the nation, while composed BILL BUCHANAN (James Morrison) commands CTU alongside key operatives CURTIS MANNING (Roger Cross), EDGAR STILES (Louis Lombardi) and CHLOE O'BRIAN (Mary Lynn Rajskub). Also featured in season five will be Emmy Award-winning actress Jean Smart as First Lady MARTHA LOGAN. In addition, TONY ALMEIDA (Carlos Bernard) and AUDREY RAINES (Kim Raver) return in the upcoming season.

hell yes, I just posted this thread the other day, but someone merged it w/the other one. I started another one, since that one was so old and had so many posts. :rolleyes:

Can't wait until Sunday night....:tup:

Now ya'll know those dates just made me have a virtual heart attack!!!!

I read Jan. 8 & 9 and was like oh GAWD!!! did I miss it????

I flatlined for a minit and then realized the dates were wrong.......whew....

There will be some regular folks die in the first few hours of the show.

Don't know who right now but we will know after sunday and monday's show.

Beer.....................:nod2:
Snacks.................:nod2:

I have a feeling we are going to be getting a LOT of new cast member after the first hour.

They way they were dropping last season, ain't no telling who go first this year.

Oh yeah I read somewhere that the dying will be quick and not drawn out like in previous seasons. I CAN'T WAIT!!! :jump:

Don't be late Tuning In on Sunday...

TV Review
“24”

By Barry Garron The Hollywood Reporter

Whether you've ever watched "24" (8-10 PM ET/PT Sunday and Monday, Fox) during its previous four seasons, this would be a particularly good time to tune in. The fifth-season premiere, a four-hour, two-night affair, is a heart-pounding, mesmerizing adventure unlike anything else up or down the dial.

What's it about? Don't ask. Seriously, don't ask because I can't tell. Fox, probably in defiance of the Geneva Convention, sent the first four hours of "24" to critics along with a note requesting they not reveal what happens, even in the first 10 minutes of the first hour. Particularly in the first 10 minutes.

It's like telling Leslie Moonves not to boast or Bill O'Reilly to stick to the facts. All I can say is that legendary CTU agent Jack Bauer (Keifer Sutherland), presumed by all but a few to be dead, is called into action once more as a result of terrible and unexpected events. See? I told you I couldn't say anything.

Sutherland has never been better. He is joined in the fifth season by Jean Smart, Sean Astin, Julian Sands and many returning cast members. Suffice it to say that this brilliant creation of Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran will enhance its reputation as the most reliable and involving thriller in TV history.

Bottom line: A heart-pounding, mesmerizing adventure unlike anything else up or down the dial.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/reviews/review_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001842610

I went and copped the DVD set for season 5, and in watching, realized how much I missed of last season. Day 4 was my first season watching, and I am HOOKED!!! I have been dayum near FIENDING for Day 5 for 6 months.

Only 2 more days!!!

After watching the first 2 hours, all I can say is WOW!!! They have hooked me for another 24 hours.

It appears we are in for another good ride this season.

There is always some stupid kid hanging around. He saw Jack take out the guys at the oil refinery. He witnessed the greatness of Jack in the building crawling with FBI agents and police officers. WHY in the hell did he have to go back into that airport after Jack told him to go to CTU????

You know what? I never even put that part together. I wonder if his mother will go to CTU without him.

I had a friend call me afterward. This was their first time watching, and now they are HOOKED.

I hate that the plot centers around Palmer getting killed...I wanted to see him just ride off into the sunset. But otherwise, good start. Tonight will be interesting.

Jack cracked me up when he offed the guy who killed Palmer (if he's really dead): the old boy was like "o.k., I've told you what you wanted to know, so get me to the hospital"...........Jack was like "yeah, right.":uzi: :uzi: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Regards.

s phi s said:
You know what? I never even put that part together. I wonder if his mother will go to CTU without him.

I had a friend call me afterward. This was their first time watching, and now they are HOOKED.
s phi s,

I've gotten a few folks hooked on it, too. :nod:

I could NOT take mine eyes off this show, on last night...I even got my boo hooked on it, now. He didn't watch the show before, last night. :D

cd, you asked why did that boy, Derrick go into the airport, after Jack told him to go back to CTU? well, the answer would be b/c that's the way the script was written. :lol: but, in all seriousness...you know they've gotta keep it interesting.

So, is the President's wife crazy, or did she really remember what Palmer was trying to tell her? I trust that new president about as much as I trust bush. :rolleyes: Also, what's the president's right hand man's name? He's the one behind this, too.

You mean Cummings? Somehow he doctored that phone record. I won't get too much into naming who I think has done what or is involved with whom. Last year, every time I KNEW I had something figured out, I was wronger than George Bush and his WMD claims.

I loved the first half of the show...although is was somewhat
predictable....it was very well done (as usual)....I'm looking
forward to tonight.

Why did the fine Brother-President (who's brother is a SU professor)
have to die? Who am I kinding, I'm surprised the brother lasted longer
than the first episode. He had a good run. The "Commander and Chief"
show owes that brother alot.
;)
~Astrya

lol @ s phi s and Bush's WMD.
It happens....at least your guess didn't lead to anyone dying. :bump:

Warndalyn said:
cd, you asked why did that boy, Derrick go into the airport, after Jack told him to go back to CTU? well, the answer would be b/c that's the way the script was written. :lol: but, in all seriousness...you know they've gotta keep it interesting.

Ha Ha Ms. Sassy... :lol:

S Phi S, I also think that guy had that call doctored. The first lady is crazy, but she ain't that crazy.

cat daddy said:
Ha Ha Ms. Sassy... :lol:

S Phi S, I also think that guy had that call doctored. The first lady is crazy, but she ain't that crazy.

I don't think she's "that" crazy either....her hubby arranged it and
played her with the tape. Who hates Palmer more than the white
dude who was never up to the job to begin with?

;)
~Astrya

I REALLY don't like Logan. :smh:

I was talking to another friend a few minutes ago, and he was also a 1st time watcher. He got upset during the first 10 minutes and changed the channel cuz he "...just knew the black guy was gonna be the 1st to die." I was like, "Dude, I'm surprised this guy made it TO season 5. So him gettin done in like he did didn't really hurt as bad."

And for some reason, I REALLY don't trust Mike Novick that much. There is SOMETHING about him that does not sit well with me. I was dying laughing when the First Lady said "I look like a wedding cake" and dunked her head in that water.

Warndalyn said:
well ladies and gentlemen, tune in tonight, for somemore action. :tup:
Last night(Sunday Jan 15) was off the chain.
Anyway, now I understand why David Palmer(Dennis Haysbert [sp]) is doing all those Allstate commercials.:D .

pbla said:
Last night(Sunday Jan 15) was off the chain.
Anyway, now I understand why David Palmer(Dennis Haysbert [sp]) is doing all those Allstate commercials.:D .
ok???? :D

LOL

Back