2019 SWAC Championship Game: Southern vs Alcorn State 3:00pm CT

Look how far back the line judge was. He never even followed the play!!

Attachments

• 57A6B08D-E68F-46DF-9A30-CC7A2D19BEFA.jpeg
    57A6B08D-E68F-46DF-9A30-CC7A2D19BEFA.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 1B9BE070-B773-4A5D-86D2-23009392BF8E.jpeg
    1B9BE070-B773-4A5D-86D2-23009392BF8E.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 31

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Blame Odums.. Clearly the SU Quarterback Coach nor Odums has put time and effort into development..and this is why i cannot give Odums a pass.. Skeleton problems have not been fixed

Last edited:
Blame Odums.. Clearly the SU Quarterback Coach nor Odums has put time and effort into development

That was obvious throughout the year. Did they not put Skelton in a position to be successful? He was pretty much a glorified RB at QB.

We at PV know that feeling all too well going back 3 years for us.

And this is why, I will never respect Odums as Coach. You barely can coach, but on top of that you are not developing your players.

Good job Braves. Had to leave the game after halftime because it was getting cold and i wanted to be in front of that traffic since I’m driving back to the Delta.

Congrads Alcorn.. Beat the Aggies!!

FYI I hope our Board does not do anything stupid and give Odums ANOTHER extension on his contract for reaching the swac championship.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I chose Alcorn because I knew SU would change their game plan and start passing....
Odums stops Southern from the running the SWAC like they did in the 90’s. He finds the correct medicine to cure his problem, then he quits using it. SU can’t seem to finish the job during good seasons under him. SU’s comeback win over GSU,(who was on the verge of blowing them out), was all the confidence the Jaguars needed to get revenge on Alcorn, and make a Celebration Bowl appearance. Say what ya want, but the HBCU/FCS world is ready to see a travel/party friendly HBCU like Southern, FAMU and Jackson State in Atlanta for this game! Grambling & Alcorn are cool, but the other will bring more fans and more band hype. The Jags are turning into the Dallas Cowboys of the SWAC. An accident waiting to happen.

Odums stops Southern from the running the SWAC like they did in the 90’s. He finds the correct medicine to cure his problem, then he quits using it. SU can’t seem to finish the job during good seasons under him. SU’s comeback win over GSU,(who was on the verge of blowing them out), was all the confidence the Jaguars needed to get revenge on Alcorn, and make a Celebration Bowl appearance. Say what ya want, but the HBCU/FCS world is ready to see a travel/party friendly HBCU like Southern, FAMU and Jackson State in Atlanta for this game! Grambling & Alcorn are cool, but the other will bring more fans and more band hype. The Jags are turning into the Dallas Cowboys of the SWAC. An accident waiting to happen.
Maybe you Will get your wish next year. We will have lots of talent but youthful.

And this is why, I will never respect Odums as Coach. You barely can coach, but on top of that you are not developing your players.

Odums made a whole bunch of mistakes in this game. Just off the top of my head not going for a 2 point conversion to put the Jags up by 3, not calling time out and challenging an obvious touchdown in the corner of the end zone to make the refs review it, not challenging the safety where the ball was spotted on the 1, passing the ball (interception) on 2nd down and 6 to go for a TD when the running game is working. I say all of that to say, I understand you and @SWAC&MEAC Degrees perspective.

Odums made a whole bunch of mistakes in this game. Just off the top of my head not going for a 2 point conversion to put the Jags up by 3, not calling time out and challenging an obvious touchdown in the corner of the end zone to make the refs review it, not challenging the safety where the ball was spotted on the 1, passing the ball (interception) on 2nd down and 6 to go for a TD when the running game is working. I say all of that to say, I understand you and @SWAC&MEAC Degrees perspective.
Bingo amigo!

6 turnovers.

You are not beating Alcorn with 6 turnovers especially with a running QB with an inconsistent arm (Valley knows the feelings)

Southern needs to go find them a Pat White type QB coach and come up with an offense that plays to Skelton's strengths

Reactions: JR
It sounds like the game was a typical SWAC football game ... sloppy and egregiously bad coaching ... so I didn't miss much.

Anyway, represent us well Alcorn ... and be better 10x times better than today.

Back