2019 SWAC Championship Game: Southern vs Alcorn State 3:00pm CT

Odums made a whole bunch of mistakes in this game. Just off the top of my head not going for a 2 point conversion to put the Jags up by 3, not calling time out and challenging an obvious touchdown in the corner of the end zone to make the refs review it, not challenging the safety where the ball was spotted on the 1, passing the ball (interception) on 2nd down and 6 to go for a TD when the running game is working. I say all of that to say, I understand you and @SWAC&MEAC Degrees perspective.

It wasn't a touchdown, if you look at it he put his hand down out of bounds before gaining control of it. They stated that forward progress calls arn't reviewable to go along with the inadverdent whistle that's why Alcorn didn't get the ball on the obvious fumble by SU.

It wasn't a touchdown, if you look at it he put his hand down out of bounds before gaining control of it. They stated that forward progress calls arn't reviewable to go along with the inadverdent whistle that's why Alcorn didn't get the ball on the obvious fumble by SU.

I disagree with you and not debating that Touchdown at the corner of the end zone that I read you were arguing with someone else about. That play should have been reviewed. Also, that so called forward progress play if called that way was WRONG. You're too bias so go argue with yourself.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I disagree with you and not debating that Touchdown at the corner of the end zone that I read you were arguing with someone else about. That play should have been reviewed. Also, that so called forward progress play if called that way was WRONG. You're too bias so go argue with yourself.

You got a meme bro ?

I still say if you are going to have replay.....then use it! (at least check to see if you got the call right!) The inadvertent whistle BS was a cop out for them not seeing the fumble.....they just saw the ball on the ground after the running back hit the ground. So they "assumed" he was down... Too many calls that they could have checked to make sure they were right....(the missed skelton first down spot comes to mind...)
Give the coaches at least one challenge per half......since you have replay.

I still say if you are going to have replay.....then use it! (at least check to see if you got the call right!) The inadvertent whistle BS was a cop out for them not seeing the fumble.....they just saw the ball on the ground after the running back hit the ground. So they "assumed" he was down... Too many calls that they could have checked to make sure they were right....(the missed skelton first down spot comes to mind...)
Give the coaches at least one challenge per half......since you have replay.

SWAC Officials in Today's Game

1575770391413.png

The thing I’m not in favor we have become a pass first team. I guess coached changed to fit his personnel.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It seemed like the refs were trying to balance out the calls and give no scent of home cooking.

I still love the best team gets home field for the championship.

Reward the best team who wins their games. Game looks good on tv too!

Offense step up!! We will be back!!
Dez your team has tons of talent littered on both sides of the ball, however I believe we played better as a team in this game. In my opinion this was Coach McNair’s best coaching year as he continued to put pieces together in spite of the limitations. In my opinion, number 12 still gives SU the best chance to win. We did not play a good game but the players stuck together and fought that last 15 minutes.

I know many of you disagree, but I don’t think Skelton is a bad QB. I think a different offensive scheme would showcase this.
Skelton is not a bad QB. But the development is not their. The same problems this year, he had last year. SU has a great passing QB in Bubba.. But like you said a good coach would change the scheme to compliment your quarterback. Odums and the Offensive Co., must of miss the class.

The SWAC will be better next year. If Odums does not get it together and Skelton does not get develop.. Different year Same story... But those close games might not go SU way.. Odums you on the CLOCK

Last edited:
It has been approximately 2,190 days since SU last won a SWAC football championship. It is not the jaw-dropping championship-less drought spanning the period from the end of the Vietnam War to the 1st Gulf War, but the cobwebs are surely starting to show in their trophy case.

Congrats Braves! Let’s get some redemption building off the domination against the Aggies in the 2nd half of last game.

Back