2019 SWAC Championship Game: Southern vs Alcorn State 3:00pm CT

It has been approximately 2,190 days since SU last won a SWAC football championship. It is not the jaw-dropping championship-less drought spanning the period from the end of the Vietnam War to the 1st Gulf War, but the cobwebs are surely starting to show in their trophy case.

There you are! You finally made it back here after the BC!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Adding this to my shirt collection even though i don’t care for either team. That was $200 well spent. Will stay my ass at home for the Celebration Bowl. lol
BB6093DE-6A91-4164-9895-1071543AAC6E.jpeg

Odums stops Southern from the running the SWAC like they did in the 90’s. He finds the correct medicine to cure his problem, then he quits using it. SU can’t seem to finish the job during good seasons under him. SU’s comeback win over GSU,(who was on the verge of blowing them out), was all the confidence the Jaguars needed to get revenge on Alcorn, and make a Celebration Bowl appearance. Say what ya want, but the HBCU/FCS world is ready to see a travel/party friendly HBCU like Southern, FAMU and Jackson State in Atlanta for this game! Grambling & Alcorn are cool, but the other will bring more fans and more band hype. The Jags are turning into the Dallas Cowboys of the SWAC. An accident waiting to happen.
Tell them to WIN...

Back