2017 Boombox Classic Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y’all still arguing with these southern fools? The know they lost the whole dam game. All this saving face they doing really ain’t helpin them lmao.

#JOKE

After watching the clips, I'm astonished that in 2017 college-educated Band Directors DON'T have sense enough to get the bands out of the rain.....

It's one thing to wear wool uniforms and get "damp" but it's another to get "drenched"....

As far as the clips, I enjoyed both bands... I honestly don't care about the bickering back and forth over who got the L. Guess I've grown out of caring that much about it..

Gerard Howard gets the W for having filmed all of it from (what looks like) a neutral spot...

And the Dry Cleaners gets the "cha-ching" for the $$$ they'll make cleaning all the unis......

Thanks to both bands for great music...

After watching the clips, I'm astonished that in 2017 college-educated Band Directors DON'T have sense enough to get the bands out of the rain.....

It's one thing to wear wool uniforms and get "damp" but it's another to get "drenched"....

As far as the clips, I enjoyed both bands... I honestly don't care about the bickering back and forth over who got the L. Guess I've grown out of caring that much about it..

Gerard Howard gets the W for having filmed all of it from (what looks like) a neutral spot...

And the Dry Cleaners gets the "cha-ching" for the $$$ they'll make cleaning all the unis......

Agreed!

It’s hard being @ the top!

Isn't it though! Being #1 is even harder. Know your place, #2! Stick a fork in me, I'm done!
icon_wavey.gif

Haymer is very childish and immature, what did you expect?. Haymer uses buffoonery to mock the black bands, but he goes over to Southern Mississippi and embrace the white man's band like a blackened face Minstrel Man. Why no mockery at Southern Mississippi?
He's too busy shuckin' and jiving with them folks. That halftime with USM was also embarrassing, but Haymer doesn't seem to care how he makes his people look, just as long as he can get a few smiles and cheers here and there from them folks.

Last edited:

Thee Boom had ponchos when it started raining and took them off once the rain went away. Only woodwinds kept them on the whole time. At least one band was smart. *shrugs*

He's too busy shuckin' and jiving with them folks. That halftime with USM was also embarrassing, but Haymer doesn't seem to care how he makes his people look, just as long as he can get a few smiles and cheers here and there from them folks.

Well look who's hiding in the Band Room.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Y’all still arguing with these southern fools? The know they lost the whole dam game. All this saving face they doing really ain’t helpin them lmao.

#JOKE

SU exposed again moral and character deficits of many of JSU's bandsmen. even if in poor taste. and such a move can tend to hurt one's ego. It is an incident that many proud JSU alumni thought was buried and forgotten, only to be reminded of it once again. That it happened on such a large stage this time around was embarrassing and hurtful. As human beings, we just don't like to be reminded of our moral shortcomings. I think we just need to let this conversation die!!

Playing a song together is shucking and jiving? Again until all you black folks quit working for the MAN and protest or vote the MAN out of office. Then you are shucking and jiving every day. But yet call somebody else one when it was nothing wrong with that moment. Shucking and jiving is dancing with the other band and yucking it up like it was no issues going on. Have we stopped playing these PWCs taking money for ass whoopings? Playing together is nothing. SU and LSU band played together in 03 at the State Capital under Doc for a celebration of teams. I guess that was shucking and jiving too.

BTW, are those black band members in USM shucker and jivers too? Just asking? What about their players?

Playing a song together is shucking and jiving? Again until all you black folks quit working for the MAN and protest or vote the MAN out of office. Then you are shucking and jiving every day. But yet call somebody else one when it was nothing wrong with that moment. Shucking and jiving is dancing with the other band and yucking it up like it was no issues going on. Have we stopped playing these PWCs taking money for ass whoopings? Playing together is nothing. SU and LSU band played together in 03 at the State Capital under Doc for a celebration of teams. I guess that was shucking and jiving too.

BTW, are those black band members in USM shucker and jivers too? Just asking? What about their players?

SU was probably jiving with Todd Graves. And received one million dollars. Jived with UGA too. Maybe JSU should jive a little more. Maybe the Boom could travel a little more.

SU exposed again moral and character deficits of many of JSU's bandsmen. even if in poor taste. and such a move can tend to hurt one's ego. It is an incident that many proud JSU alumni thought was buried and forgotten, only to be reminded of it once again. That it happened on such a large stage this time around was embarrassing and hurtful. As human beings, we just don't like to be reminded of our moral shortcomings. I think we just need to let this conversation die!!

What? Y’all exposed NOTHING lmao. Y’all sho know how to lie. You and that jag4life11 dude are hideous liars and know nothing of which y’all speak lmao

SU was probably jiving with Todd Graves. And received one million dollars. Jived with UGA too. Maybe JSU should jive a little more. Maybe the Boom could travel a little more.
FINALLY...you admit to the shuckin' and jivin with them USM folks.

Come on JR, that won't fly. Yall got together with USM's band, all the while, KNOWING it's history and yall laughing and jivin like everything's all good. Haymer and southern did this.
That's a tad bit different than what the normal band does in doing it's halftime and moving back to the stands. Let's not mix apples and oranges.

And JSU exposed southern's incompetence ON THE FIELD, with the bumbling, stumbling bandmember doing the backbend and falling over and that fatboy tripping and stumbling over his own feet. Now THAT was funny! Hahahahaha!!

A backbend that will live in infamy. Hahahahaha!!!

And JSU exposed southern's incompetence ON THE FIELD, with the bumbling, stumbling bandmember doing the backbend and falling over and that fatboy tripping and stumbling over his own feet. Now THAT was funny! Hahahahaha!!

A backbend that will live in infamy. Hahahahaha!!!

Do we really need to get into the sonic pop's screw ups on the field? Do you really wanna open those can of worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back