2017 Boombox Classic Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknowm

Please! No Zero Quarter or 5th Quarter. Crankfest 2017 served that purpose! Bands should march in 30 minutes before kickoff.

Last edited:

I hope the opposite! I remember the 2003 battle started like 1.5-2 hrs before the game. I love the Head to Head when we go to Jackson. Crankfest or any BOTB takes away the game day excitement. At least the zero qtr.

I hope the opposite! I remember the 2003 battle started like 1.5-2 hrs before the game. I love the Head to Head when we go to Jackson. Crankfest or any BOTB takes away the game day excitement. At least the zero qtr.
JSU and SU didn’t play some songs and I know they got new ones for Saturday

I know that but it’s the element of playing your biggest competition in the preseason and regular season. Just my thoughts. Plus crankfest had those other two bands there trying to be important!!!
I just hoping we feed off the crowd and band we ain’t won not a damn thing lol

Good Morning! There maybe a Zero Quarter. Southern, y'all should know the routine for the 5th Quarter by now, three songs or the Jackson Police Department will come into the stands and kick your arses out! :oops:

Last edited:
Is that standard for all games, or just when we come to town?

It's only SU, because of what Haymer did in 2014 to enter the stadium before the Boom, just to blow on them as they marched in to Get Ready.

14aietw.jpg

Last edited:

It's only SU, because of what Haymer did in 2014 to enter the stadium before the Boom, just to blow on them as they marched in to Get Ready.

14aietw.jpg
Naw it was before then when SU came back in 2012 they did it also in 2014 and 2016. I wish they would just let us battle SU but I guess they feel both bands would keep playing all night

Naw it was before then when SU came back in 2012 they did it also in 2014 and 2016. I wish they would just let us battle SU but I guess they feel both bands would keep playing all night

Yes I remember it was 2012 when Dowell Taylor came back. I know Dowell doesn’t do Long zero quarters and definitely giving SU 3 wrongs. It’s all good. Sad, but good

Yes I remember it was 2012 when Dowell Taylor came back. I know Dowell doesn’t do Long zero quarters and definitely giving SU 3 wrongs. It’s all good. Sad, but good
I think the zero is a administration issue. They keep mainstreaming the game and all but don't understand we like it how it is raw and uncut

I guess because even though JSU owns the stadium the hospital right there and all idk why, they might feel like a fight or some will break out
Really????

I believe the whole 3 rounds thing was started in 2010. Fights don't break out in Baton Rouge when we have 5 and 6 round 5th quarters, so why would that happen in Jackson? I don't recall that ever being an issue between our bands. 15 minutes of extra stands action shouldn't be too hard to let happen. Someone in power in Jackson just hating on us. lol

Really????

I believe the whole 3 rounds thing was started in 2010. Fights don't break out in Baton Rouge when we have 5 and 6 round 5th quarters, so why would that happen in Jackson? I don't recall that ever being an issue between our bands. 15 minutes of extra stands action shouldn't be too hard to let happen. Someone in power in Jackson just hating on us. lol
IDK the problem tbh people think JSU tells them to kick SU which is dumb whoever started that I really thinking because of the hospital tho

IDK the problem tbh people think JSU tells them to kick SU which is dumb whoever started that I really thinking because of the hospital tho

It's up to the AD for the 5th quarter. Also, I believe the SWAC imposed the 5 song limit but not everyone adheres to it. The hospital has nothing to do with it. The zero quarter is up to the band directors. Taylor just aint with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back