2017 Boombox Classic Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
And let's talk about JSU thinking this was an appropriate song to tribute to Breast Cancer and Domestic Violence Survivors

Man I watched that whole Zero quarter and the 5th, Man SU wasn't playing Lol.

That last song in the zero quarter by SU, (don't know what it was) man o man Lmaooo. Them boys just on another level smh.

That Zero Quarter exposed JSU big time, and it got ugly in that 5th quarter. The sound quality and level of arrangements wasn't even close. JSU directors were probably started getting worried once that weather delay began, because you can't hide from that a-- whooping. lol

Breh, If you're a real fan of bands, you can clearly see, SU was getting it in, that last song before Cold Hearted, breh Lol. That was just pure nasty sh1t.

That 5th, I won't even say anything. Smh, they pissed all over JSU with them 3 songs, but that "Am I Dreaming" was why no other band can come close to them boys smh. I can only imagine how it sounded in person

But when you spend a good portion of your halftime time show to point to a video screen, I guess that's enough to satisfy what's left of the JSU fanbase. I will say that JSU's actual drill was nice and well designed after that horrible opening formation.

@ jSU posters

Any song from any year yall can pick and choose from that is seeing SU's 1st song in the 5th.

Any song, in the past 20 years that jSU has played, give me something that's close to what SU played in the 5th LMAOO

You can't huh and you won't

That 1st song pissed on your whole band program Lmaoo

You need to first even understand what the hell you're talking about. You don't hear GSU or FAMU using this as their claim to fame because it's not what you claim it to be but you can have that LOL!! What school you rep again????

Once again, you don't listen. Before you "toot your horn or run your mouth", fast check. Once again, I'm going to put a link where my mouth is. Carry on...

"FAMU is considered one of the better bands in the country and pioneers in the style and use of drum cadence that is so popular today. That is why we chose them."

hhhhhhhhhh
George Smith
director of NCAA Hall of Champions

https://www.hbcusports.com/forums/t...-marching-100-performing-for-posterity.17866/

After that horrendous halftime show performance by Southern , you su people should just be quiet. After all, these are Marching bands. That star drill looked deformed, like they just learned it in the parking lot during pregame. Also band members dropping their horns(saxophone). So it's interesting seeing y'all gloat over 1 or 2 ok songs during the 5th quarter cause you sure can't claim a halftime show win.... AT ALL. That dig at the Boom during halftime was distasteful and low class, but that should be expected from certain school((s))... There was a difference between their show and ours. Every dig the Boom did against Southern was about band mishaps "ON THE FIELD". BIG Difference...... As far as the zero quarter, it really just depends on your preference and style(pretty entertaining). After the Crankfest loss the Boom handed Su, breaking even is about the best that Su could do at the Boombox classic.

@ jSU posters

Any song from any year yall can pick and choose from that is seeing SU's 1st song in the 5th.

Any song, in the past 20 years that jSU has played, give me something that's close to what SU played in the 5th LMAOO

You can't huh and you won't

That 1st song pissed on your whole band program Lmaoo

Dude.. Aint nobody finna debate you against changing your mind on your opinions.. Haymer could have had that band whistle an arrangement, and by now you would have typed at least 5 additional pages to this thread posting whistling videos.. Man y'all got me over here Keke-ing atchall.

After that horrendous halftime show performance by Southern , you su people should just be quiet. After all, these are Marching bands. That star drill looked deformed, like they just learned it in the parking lot during pregame. Also band members dropping their horns(saxophone). So it's interesting seeing y'all gloat over 1 or 2 ok songs during the 5th quarter cause you sure can't claim a halftime show win.... AT ALL. That dig at the Boom during halftime was distasteful and low class, but that should be expected from certain school((s))... There was a difference between their show and ours. Every dig the Boom did against Southern was about band mishaps "ON THE FIELD". BIG Difference...... As far as the zero quarter, it really just depends on your preference and style(pretty entertaining). After the Crankfest loss the Boom handed Su, breaking even is about the best that Su could do at the Boombox classic.
Crankfest wasn’t SU vs JSU.

Pound for pound I’ll take SU! JSU did a drill that we have been doing for years. —!Denied. The sound was a clearly different if you were there.

That dig at the Boom during halftime was distasteful and low class, but that should be expected from certain school((s))... There was a difference between their show and ours. Every dig the Boom did against Southern was about band mishaps "ON THE FIELD". BIG Difference...... As far as the zero quarter, it really just depends on your preference and style(pretty entertaining). After the Crankfest loss the Boom handed Su, breaking even is about the best that Su could do at the Boombox classic.

When the Jukebox did the "Charlotte" dig, I questioned to myself whether the same was appropriate, It is probably something I would not have done if I were band director, But when the Sonic Boom went to the video to expose SU's missteps on the field, I no longer felt that way about the" Charlotte" dig, I thought it was "fair game" at that point. The practices of both bands were evil and demeaning and has no place in collegiate band competitions. It would be sufficient, imo, if both band directors would publicly apologize for their behaviors and ensure their fan bases that such unsportsmanlike conduct will never again happen under their guidance. While one band's exposure spoke to lack of perfection, the other band's exposure spoke to morality and character; nonetheless, they both were mean in spirit and serve no useful purpose. Let the band directors never forget that at all times, they are still in TEACHING mode.

Last edited:
Pound for pound I’ll take SU! JSU did a drill that we have been doing for years. —!Denied. The sound was a clearly different if you were there.

Here you go, take one! :)

99a.gif

If you did it for years then it should be easy to find. And don’t Show part of a step 2 wiggle drill that is two common in SWAC bands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back