2017 Boombox Classic Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
HERE ARE THE TOP 5 HBCU BAND HALFTIME SHOWS FROM WEEK 8

For all of the hype that led up to the halftime showdown in Jackson, Miss. between the two top-ranking HBCU bands in the country Saturday night, fans were not disappointed in witnessing a halftime ‘dissfest’ between two schools whose fan bases simply don’t like each other.

As entertaining as both shows were, however, neither was the top performance from the past weekend.

https://hbcusports.com/2017/10/25/here-are-the-top-5-hbcu-band-halftime-shows-from-week-8/

Come on JR, that won't fly. Yall got together with USM's band, all the while, KNOWING it's history and yall laughing and jivin like everything's all good. Haymer and southern did this.
That's a tad bit different than what the normal band does in doing it's halftime and moving back to the stands. Let's not mix apples and oranges.

It's not apples and oranges. This was a request from the USM Band Director. Do you know if he is racist or not? This has nothing to do with shucking and jiving. Why are all our bands still playing the Anthem then?Have you told the Boom directors to stop playing the Anthem and do not EVER perform for white folks again? Like I said, Doc did it a few times in situations were it was just playing. It wasn't even part of the show. Just something done at the end of halftime. But if you think that meant shucking and jiving. Then go right ahead. At least the USM Band Director reached out to try to show some unity. Even if his fan base have racists in it. If we so worried about that. We should never send any of our bands to these FBS schools to perform anything but marches and no dance routine.

BTW, you still live in MS knowing all it's history. Still paying MS taxes knowing all our history. Taxes that support USM as a state supported institution. So in essence you are being hypocritical. Just because it is Haymer. You know the SU administration absolutely love that cat right. So does a bunch of alums. Aint no crime for being arrogant. He isn't supposed to be liked by opposing schools. Like I told you before. I have had band directors tell me, I didn't care for what Doc did with the Jukebox. One was a former JSU head band director. And I know Doc for a fact was not a fan of his either. Don't think Haymer just started this. LOL.

Keep making excuses for Haymer if that helps. You've been doing damage control for Haymer since he's come on the scene.
That's the kind of person you are, in spite of Haymer, but not even JR's excuses can cover over what Haymer has, is doing and will do to the once great southern name.

Keep making excuses for Haymer if that helps. You've been doing damage control for Haymer since he's come on the scene.
That's the kind of person you are, in spite of Haymer, but not even JR's excuses can cover over what Haymer has, is doing and will do to the once great southern name.

Did Haymer cuss you out like Comegy did? Geez get off his nutts.

But Jax, that's all we have to go by right now. Sorry for your loss though.:snicker:

Don't know why you're apologizing. That poll isn't credible. So, again, take your L and go home, boy.

Your daddy hath spoken! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

Don't know why you're apologizing. That poll isn't credible. So, again, take your L and go home, boy.

Your daddy hath spoken! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!
Haymer's halftime script sounded just like your words, so I give you credit for the loss too. LOL!!

We've been there. You're not even worthy of such accolades.

Keep up. Lol
Prove it. Hahahaha. Call The BOOM anything you want, but you can't call them a "non-member" of the Hall of Champions.....BUT we know who we can call a NON-MEMBER.
Ain't that right Jukes. LOL!!

Last edited:

Prove it. Hahahaha. Call The BOOM anything you want, but you can't call them a "non-member" of the Hall of Champions.....BUT we know who we can call a NON-MEMBER.
Ain't that right Jukes. LOL!!

Here we go with this lie again. The Hall of Champions doesn't have "members" at least know what you're talking about before....well never mind. SMH & LOL

"BOOM! AMERICA'S GREATEST MARCHING BAND" Crowned by Smithsonian Magazine, Feb 2017. So why are we even having this discussion!

obama-mic-drop-gif-1 (1).jpg

Attachments

• obama-mic-drop-gif-1 (1).jpg
    obama-mic-drop-gif-1 (1).jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 3
I hadn't listened to those "RogersBros" much in the past, but I must say...
that was one of the more honest assessments I've seen/heard in quite some time.

He's bragging on an article written by a guy from Mississippi. Ask the Smithsonian Magazine why isn't jstank in the Museum. LOL!!!
Oh, I forgot y'all are a "Museum Piece." So, will I find y'all between the woolly Mammoth and other relics such as T-Rex? LOL!!!

Oh, I forgot y'all are a "Museum Piece." So, will I find y'all between the woolly Mammoth and other relics such as T-Rex? LOL!!!

You forgot Super Bowl piece, Rose Bowl piece, Radio City Music Hall piece, Presidential Inauguration piece. Y'all did any of those? LOL!!! Hell you can't get out of Mississippi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back