20-21 SWAC OOC Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson State men's basketball season opener against North Alabama postponed by COVID-19​

Rashad Milligan
Mississippi Clarion Ledger
Nov. 25, 2020 7:35 p.m.

The Jackson State men's basketball team's season has been placed on hold with the cancellation of this week's Justin Reed Ole Miss Classic.
The scheduled season-opening tournament was canceled due to the number of positive COVID-19 tests and contact tracing at Ole Miss.

The Tigers' first scheduled game after the tournament on Dec. 2 at North Alabama was also canceled. North Alabama is still scheduled to open its season Wednesday night hosting Oakwood.
https://www.clarionledger.com/pictu...s-at-jackson-state-mens-basketball/107541134/
"The guys have really been working hard," Jackson State men's basketball coach Wayne Brent said. "They are looking forward to getting on the court Dec. 8 at Mississippi State."

Jackson State finished last season with a 15-17 overall, 11-7 conference, record. The Tigers ended the season on a five-game winning streak and a 69-52 SWAC tournament first round win over Alcorn State before the season ended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. JSU returns leading-scorer senior Tristan Jarrett, and the SWAC's Defensive Player of the Year in junior Jayveous McKinnis.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I am so glad that the commissioner said he wants to institute smart scheduling as far as basketball is concerned because watching Valley play UNT tonight you could literally see playing visibly tired after playing in Fayetteville last night. That was dumb as hell and I made sure that it gets back to the people that need to hear it. Losing by 80 last night then 50 points is not it

That being said, Treylan Smith looks like he could be Freshman of the Year in the SWAC and Devin Gordon could be a solid contributor as a freshman off the bench. It looks like this year will be a live by the three die by the three one with 2 of our bigs redshirting it appears. We have better slashers but still getting outrebounded so the 3s will have to fall

Enxch-FXUAc6k6a

Mississippi State women's basketball adds game against Jackson State (clarionledger.com)

STARKVILLE – Mississippi State women's basketball added a game against Jackson State at 3 p.m. Sunday that will serve as the season opener for the Bulldogs.

Coach Nikki McCray-Penson's Mississippi State debut will now take place at Humphrey Coliseum without fans in attendance following the sudden nature of Friday's announcement.

The game will only be aired on the MSU Radio Network.

Well we didn't lose by 50 today and they didn't score 100 lol

Actually fought back in the 2nd half and kind of kept it respectable until the last 3 minutes in the game. We have yet to play a complete game. And too many... way too many turnovers

Kam'ron Cunningham made me look like genius today as far as preferring him over Trace Young with a break out game. A 6'6 swing player who can shoot the 3 and finish at the rim. Smith is still showing flashes as a freshman but Hunter is off to a slow start this year.

If those bigs don't come back in January, I could easily see this being an 8 man rotation for the season with a focus being on the guard play

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
And it ain't getting better, SU plays #1 Gonzaga next. Yeesh. Might as well not even bother showin up.
We played Gonzaga once before when they were ranked #1 in the nation. We almost beat them, losing by only 5 or 6 points. The competition Gonzaga plays against in the Mountain West Conference is not as good as SU. I doubt if the Zags are as good as Iowa!

We played Gonzaga once before when they were ranked #1 in the nation. We almost beat them, losing by only 5 or 6 points. The competition Gonzaga plays against in the Mountain West Conference is not as good as SU. I doubt if the Zags are as good as Iowa!

They are really good this year. I saw them a couple of days ago demolish a decent Auburn (SEC) team.

You sound crazy as hell.... I just sat and watch Gonzaga beat the hell out of both Kansas and Auburn this week.... Gonzaga is clearly the top team in the nation.

We lost by 20, but I’m still encouraged by the way we played. Y’all didn’t pick us to finish first in the SWAC for nothing.

Yall definitely got some ballers out there. Those guys were taking it right to Ok state. Im hoping our women can duplicate that today against number 6 Ms state. They beat us by 39 last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back