20-21 SWAC OOC Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big win after falling behind by 21 in the first half. Beating freshman Marcus Williams from the greater Houston area (Dickinson) who wouldn’t give Texas Southern the time of day.

That 2nd half against Valley should have a tell tell sign for them but they think all SWAC schools are the same

Well don't expect to get back on their schedule anytime soon lol

Big win after falling behind by 21 in the first half. Beating freshman Marcus Williams from the greater Houston area (Dickinson) who wouldn’t give Texas Southern the time of day.

😄 Rub it in his face why don't you. 😄 I know how you feel.

But, in the same breath, I will admit that for some kids, it is in their best interest (for whatever reasons) to just get the hell out of the area.

GCU - 88
Valley - 49

Lindsey gotta get them to chill on the threes. Right at 40 attempts sigh.

Not having any respectable bigs down low is gonna be a season long problem (don't know if the offseason signees are semester redshirts or season long redshirts) so we are gonna probably do our best with a 4-5 guard line up with either Perry or Cunningham as the "bigs". I agree that there were way too many 3s especially towards the end of the 1st half and the 2nd half where we just went ice cold outside of Collins

The Missouri State cancellation might have been a blessing in disguise.

The good news is that it would allow us to come home and actually rest on campus for 11 days.

The bad news is that we have to play Memphis on the 12th smh

Am I tripping in thinking that Valley should at least aim for that square in the middle of the backboard if they plan on taking that many threes? I saw them shooting all kinds of rainbow shots that made me want to kick the tv. Hell just aim for the backboard on every single shot from now on.

Am I tripping in thinking that Valley should at least aim for that square in the middle of the backboard if they plan on taking that many threes? I saw them shooting all kinds of rainbow shots that made me want to kick the tv. Hell just aim for the backboard on every single shot from now on.

I think it was dead legs and altitude (Phoenix is not as high as Wyoming but still 4 games in 7 games which includes a bus drive and 2 plane rides). I was seeing some of those shots as well. That showed signs of fatigue. They were at their best in the first half when they were driving forcing the double team and kicking it to the open player for the 3.

I think we'll fare better in the SWAC but the hero ball has to be cut down by the time that happens

I think it was dead legs and altitude (Phoenix is not as high as Wyoming but still 4 games in 7 games which includes a bus drive and 2 plane rides). I was seeing some of those shots as well. That showed signs of fatigue. They were at their best in the first half when they were driving forcing the double team and kicking it to the open player for the 3.

I think we'll fare better in the SWAC but the hero ball has to be cut down by the time that happens
I like the optimism you guys have but eventually you will come to the realization that Lindsey is just not the answer! I hope I’m wrong but I know he will never be the coach at JSU! He’s a selfish backstabbing individual and these are words of fellow coaches within the ranks mostly professional ones. Not to mention the underhanded attempts to get Coach Brent fired at JSU, which I thought should have been done myself but there are ways to do everything!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back