17 year old Trayvon Martin murdered by "Neighborhood Watch Captain"

Status
Not open for further replies.

southsuburbs

What I Live By...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/08/family-of-trayvon-martin-_n_1332756.html

Martin, 17, a high school junior who lived with his mother in Miami, was visiting his father and stepmother at their home in Sanford, a suburb of Orlando, on the weekend of Feb. 26. During halftime of the NBA All-Star Game, Martin's family said he walked to a nearby convenience store to get some candy for his younger brother. On his way back home, according to reports, he caught the attention of George Zimmerman, a 26-year-old college student and self-appointed captain of The Retreat at Twin Lakes neighborhood watch.

Zimmerman, armed with a 9mm handgun, trailed the boy in his car. At some point, Zimmerman called 911, telling the operator there was a "suspicious person in the area," according to a police report acquired by HuffPost.

Not long after the call, some sort of altercation ensued between Zimmerman and Martin. Then neighbors said they heard gunfire.

The Sanford Police arrived and found Martin lying face down on a patch of grass about 70 feet from his family's home, a pack of candy in one pocket and an iced tea in the other.

"They say they are still investigating," Crump said. "I'm not sure what there is to investigate. What's suspicious about this kid? That's what the family is crying out, that our kid is like any other kid."

"Right now we're all on pins and needles," Tracy Martin said. "When I asked the police why there's been no arrest, they told me they respected [Zimmerman's] background, that he studied criminal justice for four years and that he was squeaky clean."

He continued: "My question to them was, did they run my child's background check? They said yes. I asked them what they came up with, and they said nothing. So I asked if Zimmerman having a clean record, did that give him the right to shoot and kill an unarmed kid?"

UPDATE:

Chief Bill Lee of the Sanford Police Department on Thursday evening said the account given by Martin’s family and attorney is correct, that Zimmerman saw the young man walking home from the store. He said that Zimmerman did indeed call 911 and report a suspicious person, and that he was told not to follow him.

“For some reason he felt that Trayvon, the way that he was walking or appeared seemed suspicious to him,â€￾ Lee said. “He called this in and at one part of this initial call [the dispatcher] recommends him not to follow Trayvon. A police officer is on the way at that point.â€￾

Lee said that Zimmerman instead followed Martin.

“I believe that Mr. Zimmerman was trying to, by his account, find an address to give the officers and also trying to keep Trayvon in eyesight.â€￾

Zimmerman told the police that Martin noticed that he was being followed and asked, “what’s your problem?â€￾

That's when a physical confrontation ensued, Lee said. And moments later, Martin was shot.

Lee said that Zimmerman has a legal permit to carry the weapon used in the shooting, and that he told police that he shot Martin in self-defense.

“He felt the need to defend himself,â€￾ Lee said. “ I don’t think it was his intent to go and shoot somebodyâ€￾ that night.

The chief said the police have met with Zimmerman on two to three separate occasions, and that their investigation should be wrapped up this week. He said all of the evidence in the case will be delivered to the Seminole County State Attorney’s Office soon after.

“We’re going to present all the information and if they feel that based on all of the evidence that we’re able to produce that Mr. Zimmerman has satisfied the requirement that he shot in self defense, they may, but if not, he would be charged with some type of homicide or manslaughter,â€￾ Lee said.

“It is certainly and absolutely a tragedy, especially for the Martin Family,â€￾ Lee said. "No one expects their teenage son to go the store and never come back.â€￾

Man folks are going to learn, there is a war against black men in this country. These fools say this white man back ground is squeaky clean so that allows him to kill a innocent black man who was squeaky clean also. Typical southern racist cowards!!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/09/george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin_n_1335984.html

Police initially told Martin’s family that George Zimmerman, 28, admitted to shooting Martin, 17, on Feb. 26, after he called 911 and reported a suspicious person, said the attorney, Benjamin Crump. Zimmerman said the shooting was in self-defense, police said.

Zimmerman, who is white, has not been charged in the death of Martin, who was black. Police in Sanford, where the shooting occurred, told Martin’s family that Zimmerman had a “squeaky-clean” record and that’s why they had not arrested him, according to Tracy Martin, the teen’s father.

Crump said public records show that Zimmerman was arrested in Orange County in 2005 on charges of resisting arrest with violence and battery on a law enforcement officer.

“They just lied to the family,” Crump said. “They just couldn’t see why [Zimmerman] would do anything wrong or be violent. But not only do you know the guy killed this kid, because he admitted to it, you knew that he has a propensity for violence because of his past record.”

Sign the Petition:
http://www.change.org/petitions/prosecute-the-murderer-of-17-year-old-trayvon-martin

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/08/family-of-trayvon-martin-_n_1332756.html

He felt the need to defend himself,” Lee said. “ I don’t think it was his intent to go and shoot somebody” that night.

The chief said the police have met with Zimmerman on two to three separate occasions, and that their investigation should be wrapped up this week. He said all of the evidence in the case will be delivered to the Seminole County State Attorney’s Office soon after.

“We’re going to present all the information and if they feel that based on all of the evidence that we’re able to produce that Mr. Zimmerman has satisfied the requirement that he shot in self defense, they may, but if not, he would be charged with some type of homicide or manslaughter,” Lee said.

Full disclosure: I am a gun advocate and have no issues with people being able to lawfully carry a concealed weapon.

That being said the law differs in each state on what constitutes "self defense", but how do you claim self defense against an unarmed man? you donteven if you're fighting. This white man is a punk.

Oh and notice nothings been said where Trayvon Martin was shot. At least I didn't read where he'd been shot, i.e. in the chest vs in the back.

The KID was the one acting in self defense. That bastard Zimmerman was following him and acting suspicious himself.

Martin, 17, a high school junior who lived with his mother in Miami, was visiting his father and stepmother at their home in Sanford, a suburb of Orlando, on the weekend of Feb. 26. During halftime of the NBA All-Star Game, Martin's family said he walked to a nearby convenience store to get some candy for his younger brother. On his way back home, according to reports, he caught the attention of George Zimmerman, a 26-year-old college student and self-appointed captain of The Retreat at Twin Lakes neighborhood watch.

Zimmerman, armed with a 9mm handgun, trailed the boy in his car. At some point, Zimmerman called 911, telling the operator there was a "suspicious person in the area," according to a police report acquired by HuffPost.

Not long after the call, some sort of altercation ensued between Zimmerman and Martin. Then neighbors said they heard gunfire.

The Sanford Police arrived and found Martin lying face down on a patch of grass about 70 feet from his family's home, a pack of candy in one pocket and an iced tea in the other.

"They say they are still investigating," Crump said. "I'm not sure what there is to investigate. What's suspicious about this kid? That's what the family is crying out, that our kid is like any other kid."

"Right now we're all on pins and needles," Tracy Martin said. "When I asked the police why there's been no arrest, they told me they respected [Zimmerman's] background, that he studied criminal justice for four years and that he was squeaky clean."

He continued: "My question to them was, did they run my child's background check? They said yes. I asked them what they came up with, and they said nothing. So I asked if Zimmerman having a clean record, did that give him the right to shoot and kill an unarmed kid?"

UPDATE:

Chief Bill Lee of the Sanford Police Department on Thursday evening said the account given by Martin’s family and attorney is correct, that Zimmerman saw the young man walking home from the store. He said that Zimmerman did indeed call 911 and report a suspicious person, and that he was told not to follow him.

“For some reason he felt that Trayvon, the way that he was walking or appeared seemed suspicious to him,†Lee said. “He called this in and at one part of this initial call [the dispatcher] recommends him not to follow Trayvon. A police officer is on the way at that point.â€

Lee said that Zimmerman instead followed Martin.

“I believe that Mr. Zimmerman was trying to, by his account, find an address to give the officers and also trying to keep Trayvon in eyesight.â€

Zimmerman told the police that Martin noticed that he was being followed and asked, “what’s your problem?â€

That's when a physical confrontation ensued, Lee said. And moments later, Martin was shot.

Lee said that Zimmerman has a legal permit to carry the weapon used in the shooting, and that he told police that he shot Martin in self-defense.

“He felt the need to defend himself,†Lee said. “ I don’t think it was his intent to go and shoot somebody†that night.

“We’re going to present all the information and if they feel that based on all of the evidence that we’re able to produce that Mr. Zimmerman has satisfied the requirement that he shot in self defense, they may, but if not, he would be charged with some type of homicide or manslaughter,†Lee said.

“It is certainly and absolutely a tragedy, especially for the Martin Family,†Lee said. "No one expects their teenage son to go the store and never come back.â€

:smh:

I heard this last week on the TJMS; and it was reported that the child had a pack of Skittles in his pocket and a beverage in the other.

It's not enough that Zimmerman shot and killed the child, but apparently he left the scene after shooting him because when police arrived, they found the child's body! BASTARD! :kaioken: And those police officers who lied to the family about Zimmerman's record being "squeaky clean".....:angry:

As a convicted felon I have rights just as this kid who had NO record. This is a damn shame!!!! Martin was going to the store in his neighborhood and the Zimmermen shot him in cold blood AFTER being told to leave him ALONE!!!!

Martin was being STALKED....harrassed....then the police tried to cover it up by lying!!!! The city should be sued as well as Zimmerman should be prosecuted for second degree murder....not man slaughter.

Before I was convicted I had a concealed weapons permit but heck I had to give up my hand gun when I moved to DC. This Zimmerman is a toy cop and probably was being considered to be a police officer....I just don't understand that if he was arrested for battery how can he carry a firearm.

As a convicted felon I have rights just as this kid who had NO record. This is a damn shame!!!! Martin was going to the store in his neighborhood and the Zimmermen shot him in cold blood AFTER being told to leave him ALONE!!!!

Martin was being STALKED....harrassed....then the police tried to cover it up by lying!!!! The city should be sued as well as Zimmerman should be prosecuted for second degree murder....not man slaughter.

Before I was convicted I had a concealed weapons permit but heck I had to give up my hand gun when I moved to DC. This Zimmerman is a toy cop and probably was being considered to be a police officer....I just don't understand that if he was arrested for battery how can he carry a firearm.

The article goes on to say the charges were dropped against Zimmerman.

But...what does you being a convicted felon have anything to do with the kid having NO record?!? :confused: :lol:

The article goes on to say the charges were dropped against Zimmerman.

But...what does you being a convicted felon have anything to do with the kid having NO record?!? :confused: :lol:

Damn you Southsuburbs...I believe you are Pops twin sister...:emlaugh: What I'm saying is if he was convisted of battery and felon...then how can he carry a firearm....again...damn you :emlaugh:

For the life of me I just can't understand this one...:smh:

http://www.wesh.com/r/30665705/detail.html

"In this case, Mr. Zimmerman has made the argument of self-defense," Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee said. "We don't have the grounds to arrest him."

It's unclear whether the State Attorney's Office will pursue charges in Martin's death.

The KID was the one acting in self defense. That bastard Zimmerman was following him and acting suspicious himself.

Exactly!!!

I just found this article...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/08/trayvon-martin-fla-teen-k_n_1332440.html

The report said Zimmerman initially called police to report a suspicious person in the neighborhood and minutes later 911 dispatchers received several calls of shots being fired in the neighborhood. Zimmerman told police officers that he had shot Martin and officers found a semiautomatic handgun on him. The report said that Zimmerman's back was wet and he was covered in grass as if he had been on the ground. He was bleeding from his nose and the back of the head, the report said.

A police officer said he overheard Zimmerman say, "I was yelling for someone to help me but no one would help me" while he was being treated by paramedics.

Zimmerman has been interviewed three times and is cooperating. He is claiming self-defense, even though he was following Martin, said Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee.

"There is some physical evidence and some testimony that would corroborate some of that story," Lee said.

Just like J4L said...if George Zimmerman hadn't been following/harassing Trayvon there would be no need for a (possible struggle) or self defense.

Man...they need to hurry up and charge this man with murder. I just can't...:smh:

Well,shit, somebody follow him, call 911 engage him in a convo before shooting his ass. I mean, self defense and all, right?

These sub-cultural of white folks are sicken. Neighborhood Watch Group is the new name for the Citizen Council Group from the 50's and 60's.

Picture of George Zimmerman's fat ass...

http://www.singleblackmale.org/2012/03/11/arrest-george-zimmerman/

He's twice the size of Trayvon but HE felt threatened. :smh:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/12/justice/florida-teen-shot/index.html?hpt=hp_bn1

(Sanford Police Chief Bill) Lee said the directions the 911 dispatcher gave Zimmerman to not accost Martin when the incident arose were not mandatory instructions.

"That is a call taker making a recommendation to him. He's not under a legal obligation to do that, so that is not something we can charge him with. But it would have been a good outcome ... if Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman never came in contact with one another."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/13/trayvon-martin-sanford-state-attorney_n_1343223.html

Witnesses told ABC News they heard Zimmerman pronounce aloud to the breathless residents watching the violence unfold "it was self-defense," and place the gun on the ground.

But after the shooting, a source inside the police department told ABC News that a narcotics detective and not a homicide detective first approached Zimmerman. The detective peppered Zimmerman with questions, the source said, rather than allow Zimmerman to tell his story. Questions can lead a witness, the source said.

Another officer corrected a witness after she told him that she heard the teen cry for help.

The officer told the witness, a long-time teacher, it was Zimmerman who cried for help, said the witness. ABC News has spoken to the teacher and she confirmed that the officer corrected her when she said she heard the teenager shout for help.

In Mississippi, that guy would be arrested for murder.

They made the rules crystal clear when they passed that Castle Doctrine here. That kid was not bothering anyone. JPD would have had him in handcuffs that night.

Last edited:
In Mississippi, that guy would be arrested for murder.

They made the rules crystal clear when they passed that Castle Doctrine here. That kid was not bothering anyone. JPD would have had him in handcuffs that night.

Are you sure you know what the Castle Doctrine is? The Castle Doctrine doesn't even come into play here. This was a neighborhood, has nothing to do with a person home. So even if the Castle Doctrine were not in effect, Zimmerman would have issues. He shot this kid under the guise of "self defense" OUTSIDE not inside!!!!

You need to go read the Castle Doctrine and Yes I know what it is, its' in force here in Alabama thanks to the previous governor Bob Riley.

Are you sure you know what the Castle Doctrine is? The Castle Doctrine doesn't even come into play here. This was a neighborhood, has nothing to do with a person home. So even if the Castle Doctrine were not in effect, Zimmerman would have issues. He shot this kid under the guise of "self defense" OUTSIDE not inside!!!!You need to go read the Castle Doctrine and Yes I know what it is, its' in force here in Alabama thanks to the previous governor Bob Riley.

AHH............ Yes I do and if you had comprehended what I was saying, you would know that I WAS SAYING FLORIDAS Castle Doctrine should not come into play in this case. If you had COMPREHENDED what I was saying, you would have read that into my comment. I thought that was clear when I said "In Mississippi, that guy would be arrested for MURDER" or did you miss that part? :noidea:

I know he was not at a house. That is why I said the rules of a Castle Doctrine is very clear. You can't chase someone down who is not committing a crime or is not on your property committing a crime and then scream self defense after you shoot them in a fight. But I thank you for trying to point out something that I already know. :lol:

And BTW:
You can shoot someone ON YOUR PROPERTY committing a crime, threatening YOU OUTSIDE your home under the Castle doctrine. They don't have to be INSIDE your house in MISSISSIPPI to be a "threat". IN MISSISSIPPI, the Castle Doctrine even extends to YOUR CAR. It states that YOUR CAR is an EXTENSION of your HOME. Just thought you should know that before you shoot and start moving bodies inside your house. Maybe you should go back and read YOURS just in case you missed a fact or 2 that can save your backside one day OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSE..... ON YOUR PROPERTY. :lol:

Mississippi Castle Doctrine

3) A person who uses defensive force shall be presumed to have reasonably feared imminent death or great bodily harm, or the commission of a felony upon him or another or upon his dwelling, or against a vehicle which he was occupying, or against his business or place of employment or the immediate premises of such business or place of employment, if the person against whom the defensive force was used, was in the process of unlawfully and forcibly entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, a dwelling, occupied vehicle, business, place of employment or the immediate premises thereof or if that person had unlawfully removed or was attempting to unlawfully remove another against the other person’s will from that dwelling, occupied vehicle, business, place of employment or the immediate premises thereof and the person who used defensive force knew or had reason to believe that the forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred. This presumption shall not apply if the person against whom defensive force was used has a right to be in or is a lawful resident or owner of the dwelling, vehicle, business, place of employment or the immediate premises thereof or is the lawful resident or owner of the dwelling, vehicle, business, place of employment or the immediate premises thereof or if the person who uses defensive force is engaged in unlawful activity or if the person is a law enforcement officer engaged in the performance of his official duties;

(4) A person who is not the initial aggressor and is not engaged in unlawful activity shall have no duty to retreat before using deadly force under subsection (1)(e) or (f) of this section if the person is in a place where the person has a right to be, and no finder of fact shall be permitted to consider the person’s failure to retreat as evidence that the person’s use of force was unnecessary, excessive or unreasonable

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back