Oklahoma, Texas have approached SEC about joining conference

Once Texas and Oklahoma leave nothing about that conference is going to be P5. More like P4 and everyone else goes to the G5. This is going to be just like the Big East before it blew up.

Big 12 is done

My predictions

WVU to ACC

TxTech , Baylor and TCU to Pac 12

Kansas Kansas state , OKState and Iowa state need homes

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Big 12 is done

My predictions

WVU to ACC

Texas Tech, like Okie State, is a terrible school academically in the eyes of the PAC 12 and I don't see them accepting church schools. Especially Southern Baptist like Baylor. I would upgrade UNLV just because of the Vegas market. When A&M left the Big12 and Texas flirted with the Pac12, that was Tech's best shot at tagging along to the Pac12. Kansas to the Big 10 makes sense.

They can still block UT. They have a under the table agreement with Georgia & Florida to stop any other schools in their states from getting in if they deemed it. They would need to convince 1 more school to vote with them since it takes 3/4 to agree at expansion.
Perhaps South Carolina and Kentucky would join them.

I'm thinking Alabama & Auburn end up in the East and Mizzou gets kicked to the West. That's IF they maintain the 2 divisions.
I could also see them going from 8 conference games to 10 and having 2 permanent cross-division games.

SEC East
Alabama
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
South Carolina
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

SEC West
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas A&M
LSU
MS State
Ole Miss
Missouri
Arkansas
I agree with everything you said except for permanent crossovers. There are no major cross-divisional rivalries affected. I think it’ll be at least 2-3 games but no permanent opponents.

Big 12 is done

My predictions

WVU to ACC

Kansas could go to B10 if they could steal another team from the ACC. I think OK State could go to PAC-12 as well. I agree K-State and Iowa St. will be begging the AAC to get in.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Texas Longhorns, Oklahoma Sooners tell Big 12 they will not renew grant of media rights

ESPN
10:32 AM ET

Oklahoma and Texas officially notified the Big 12 on Monday that they will not be renewing their grants of media rights following their expiration in 2025, according to a joint statement released by both schools.

"Providing notice to the Big 12 at this point is important in advance of the expiration of the conference's current media rights agreement," the statement said. "The universities intend to honor their existing grant of rights agreements. However, both universities will continue to monitor the rapidly evolving collegiate athletics landscape as they consider how best to position their athletics programs for the future."

Big 12 is done

My predictions

WVU to ACC

Geographically, Iowa State and the Kansas Schools make sense for the Big 10. Now whether the big 10 wants them or not is another story.

OK State seems to be the one that would really be without a home.

226752201_4856642727696062_4746435726988179855_n.jpg

If Texas and OU join, then SEC may want to consider a four pod system based on geographical location:

pod 1
Auburn
Georgia
Florida
South Carolina

pod 2
Alabama
LSU
Mississippi State
Ole Miss

pod 3
Texas A&m
Texas
Arkansas
Oklahoma

pod 4
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Missouri
Kentucky
Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt

Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Auburn

LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Arkansas

Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Missouri

I think this is a better setup and should only be used for scheduling. There will not be a winner of any of the pods.

Back