FAMU vs JSU in Miami to kickoff 2021 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The sheer number of rims, gator shoes, gold teefuses, Jerry curls, moonshine and sweet tea, and camo vests at this event will be EPIC lmao. The Boom will be called a shameful bully. I can kind of guarantee that part.
I expect the Florida boyz will come HARD though because it's IN Miami and Deion is a coach? Yeah, should be a goooood game.

Honestly, Jackson State should be favored by 2+ TDs in all of their games this Fall. The talent they're bringing in should make them vastly superior - on paper - compared to the SWAC and most FCS squads.

Scary.

But stars don’t matter. And we’re not doing anything different from what Comegy & Barlow etc did and we have a high school coach with no college experience. So I don’t know what’s so scary about it.
This is what we’re hearing from our little sister schools.

Deion has to beat Alcorn after winning swac east. So right now, it isnt all that predictable that he will. He COULD. On paper, JSU should go undefeated all year. Hell with what they have on paper the weight room stats alone for them should make the entire swac except Alcorn and the geechi college fire their head coach in anticipation.

Deion has to beat Alcorn after winning swac east. So right now, it isnt all that predictable that he will. He COULD. On paper, JSU should go undefeated all year. Hell with what they have on paper the weight room stats alone for them should make the entire swac except Alcorn and the geechi college fire their head coach in anticipation.

I have a 5-3 floor projection for the spring. Limited amount of time to do everything we need to do. Luckily the schedule starts out light.

I have a 5-3 floor projection for the spring. Limited amount of time to do everything we need to do. Luckily the schedule starts out light.
The undefeated prediction shouldn't be used for this spring. Rather, Fall '21. This spring should be used for ironing out communication issues and determining who's going to be in the 2 deep rosters when Fall Camp begins.

I know it's weird but I won't be surprised to see many schools use the Spring as a suped-up Spring Practice.

The undefeated prediction shouldn't be used for this spring. Rather, Fall '21. This spring should be used for ironing out communication issues and determining who's going to be in the 2 deep rosters when Fall Camp begins.

I know it's weird but I won't be surprised to see many schools use the Spring as a suped-up Spring Practice.

Coach Prime has already alluded to that as well as a few other coaches. Im sure everyone will still prepare to win but this is definitely an audition. If guys want that extra year they are gonna have to prove it in the spring. We have over 15 guys graduating so its do or die for them. By fall people definitely better watch out.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Man.... I am amped about the fall season. You couldn't write a script any better than this.

FAMU/BCU to the SWAC E.
Alcorn St to the SWAC W.
JSU goes to MIA to battle FAMU.
AAMU/Alabama St waiting in the wings.... quietly loaded for SWAC E battle.
Southern looking @ FAMU cock-eyed... SU waiting and loaded, well coached.
Grambling St quiet like a mofo... GSU waiting... and loaded well coached.
PVAMU dancing a jig by ourself cuz we ugly lol.... quiet like a mofo... looking @ everybody to take down. :D lol

I maybe in the minority on this but I'm not sure I'd have eagerly signed up for this game. Conference schedule hasn't been sorted out yet. We don't know if this is a conference game or not or even who's home game. Financially how much are they making? If this game was in jackson there'd be 40k in the stands, that probably north of 300k for jsu. If it's at FAM then it's a sellout and they get paid handsomely. how much more above what they could have expected are promoters giving them? lastly, one of these schools is taking this off the season ticket package, off campus & moving it to miami.
Good points - possibly TV money and exposure make the difference.

ESPN has to not televise the game for anyone else to get it. With MEAC/SWAC being moved up a week and the OBC on a Sunday - they'll most likely get the game if there's a spot. If they don't then it's up for grabs Tell Deion hold on lol

Exposure in South Fla. with some of the best high school prospects in the country, it’s a no-brainer. Plus expenses for schools including bands and a guaranteed payment. This event along with Prime will help put Jackson State on the map in Florida. Folks down here that didn’t go to HBCU and don‘t follow black college football are not familiar with JSU.

Exposure in South Fla. with some of the best high school prospects in the country, it’s a no-brainer. Plus expenses for schools including bands and a guaranteed payment. This event along with Prime will help put Jackson State on the map in Florida. Folks down here that didn’t go to HBCU and don‘t follow black college football are not familiar with JSU.
But that goes everyone. Somewhere there will always be some not familiar with a school. Same goes for FAMU in Mississippi.

But that goes everyone. Somewhere there will always be some not familiar with a school. Same goes for FAMU in Mississippi.
Florida is the third largest population state in the country and South Florida is the most populous area in the state. Trust me the Miami location benefits are much better for JSU in the long run than a home game with FAMU.
ps. Folks in Mississippi have heard of FAMU and you’ll see when we come to town.👌

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back