Deion Sanders to JSU? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deon has done more for JSU in the past week than the last three coaches combined and he hasn’t even been announced. There will be a bump in ticket sales just to see the show and they weren’t lacking in attendance already. If he can recruit difference makers, its game on. I hope Jackson can afford to put the assistants around him.

You'll be surprised at the coordinators we hire. Not saying the deion rumor is true tho lol

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Deon has done more for JSU in the past week than the last three coaches combined and he hasn’t even been announced. There will be a bump in ticket sales just to see the show and they weren’t lacking in attendance already. If he can recruit difference makers, its game on. I hope Jackson can afford to put the assistants around him.
This is why I have so much respect for GRAMBLING. Always classy.

again - his alma mater bypassed him with all of that and they surely can put a support system around him where he has to do nothing but coach. you can tell he’s still bitter about that.

Maybe it works out - who knows but you gotta tread lightly on this one cause he has access to too many people in terms of making sure he gets his point across

Interesting, so will it be JSU versus FSU in 2023?

The offense is in good hands with TC and Otis.

Well, I think this is a good hire if he can recruit and get good assistant coaches onboard. He can also bring big fundraising to the Athletic Department. His son is a very good quarterback at Trinity Christian High School. I am hoping that he will bring his son onboard once he graduates from TCHS. Name recognition is always good for any school. I am thrilled that JSU went outside the box and hired someone that is not a throwback from JSU or that is not already a coach with JSU. He is still vibrant and not too old and he still has a desire to coach. We have to have a vision and hopefully JSU is headed in the right direction.

Last edited:
Po SMTTT. Looks like they have to take a chance on that 30 year old and hope they strike it big.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
You'll be surprised at the coordinators we hire. Not saying the deion rumor is true tho lol
From the Hattiesburg American article about Brett Favre wanting Deion for So Miss:

He added more glowing things about Sanders, but admitted that he knows that Sanders has a staff assembled for whatever job that he would take.

The show went on to talk about the “electric” coaches that the state would have if Sanders added to the current group of Mississippi State’s Mike Leach and Ole Miss’ Lane Kiffin.

Po' USM.

Seems Deion and his team agreed JSU was a better choice than USM. That's got to be depressing for a USM fan. USM needs to step down to FCS. Try to challenge North Dakota State for championships in order to become somewhat relevant again.

not really - He won’t be able to be Deion at USM. HBCUs will let him be him

He has to win and I mean he has to win. If not, there’s no going back.

But if he wins does HBCUs now become experimental grounds for nfl stars seeking chances to coach while we further push our own out further?

Thank you god... you really want thee to win in Jesus name. Lord if it’s not too much to ask , get the defensive coordinator and special teams outta there too... and one more thing lord.... FIre up J state Fire up!!!!!

BCF has not been the same with J-State in a continuous and hopeless abyss over the years. Like Doug at Icon Gram, Prime would be great for the SWAC. It will not change the historical domination of Icon Gram against J-State, but I love the move.

Fire up J-State, fire up!

Po' USM.

Seems Deion and his team agreed JSU was a better choice than USM. That's got to be depressing for a USM fan. USM needs to step down to FCS. Try to challenge North Dakota State for championships in order to become somewhat relevant again.

Hmmmmmm!! Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back