Deion Sanders to JSU? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what I’m hearing from our swac haters I mean brethren is Deion is a terrible & embarrassing hire for JSU & the SWAC. Ok I’ll Revisit this when y’all tenured & super successful coaches lose to him. Just don’t lose to him. Cause what excuse you gone use? Y’all got the best coaches right?
I’ll sit back & watch y’all seeth until the spring though lol

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
So what I’m hearing from our swac haters I mean brethren is Deion is a terrible & embarrassing hire for JSU & the SWAC. Ok I’ll Revisit this when y’all tenured & super successful coaches lose to him. Just don’t lose to him. Cause what excuse you gone use? Y’all got the best coaches right?
I’ll sit back & watch y’all seeth until the spring though lol

I’m excited about the hire. Would Prime bring his son? Will Prime also coach DBs? How will his staff look? I know he’s gonna win the press conference.

it’s great theatre. I’m here for it.

I like the hire and I believe that Deion is going to do a good job. Deion has played at the highest levels of football and is an NFL Hall of Famer. He's been coached for over two decades by the best college and NFL coaches, sitting trough film sessions, learning play schemes for years. With all of this being said, no way in "HELL"-o that these caliber players don't know how to coach and know X's and O's. As long as he's hires Coaches that KNOW Football and know how to Coach, he will be fine.

Think about, someone like Tom Herman, Ed Ogeron, Dan Mullen and Nick Saban could NEVER play at the level of an average NFL player, BUT they can Coach (Teach) you how to do it...…….. The Great White Hype continues!

I like the hire and I believe that Deion is going to do a good job. Deion has played at the highest levels of football and is an NFL Hall of Famer. He's been coached for over two decades by the best college and NFL coaches, sitting trough film sessions, learning play schemes for years. With all of this being said, no way in "HELL"-o that these caliber players don't know how to coach and know X's and O's. As long as he's hires Coaches that KNOW Football and know how to Coach, he will be fine.

Think about, someone like Tom Herman, Ed Ogeron, Dan Mullen and Nick Saban could NEVER play at the level of an average NFL player, BUT they can Coach (Teach) you how to do it...…….. The Great White Hype continues!

again - his alma mater bypassed him with all of that and they surely can put a support system around him where he has to do nothing but coach. you can tell he’s still bitter about that.

Maybe it works out - who knows but you gotta tread lightly on this one cause he has access to too many people in terms of making sure he gets his point across

Congrats (if true). I think it's a good hire. I'm not convinced that he'll be there long, but if you're gonna take a chance, may as well take a big one. Recruiting shouldn't be an issue for him.

Plus, if this hire inspires my school to make a coaching change, I'm all for it!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I’m hearing it’s a done deal. Also, UA will buyout Jsu contract with Nike.

That could take some time if they have to wait on the state to approve it. Remember how long they had to wait to get the Nike deal approved. Also UA is having financial problems themselves and may just let him walk.

That could take some time if they have to wait on the state to approve it. Remember how long they had to wait to get the Nike deal approved. Also UA is having financial problems themselves and may just let him walk.
Dnt have to. UA is buying out the contract. This has nothing to do with IHL nor jsu funds. Kinda similar to how ole miss and msu are able to bypass IHL with there uniform deals. As long as it’s outside money IHL has no reason to deny or drag there feet. Of course they’ll look over contract for legal reasons and to make sure it’s within state guidelines. #facts

Dnt have to. UA is buying out the contract. This has nothing to do with IHL nor jsu funds. Kinda similar to how ole miss and msu are able to bypass IHL with there uniform deals. As long as it’s outside money IHL has no reason to deny or drag there feet. Of course they’ll look over contract for legal reasons and to make sure it’s within state guidelines. #facts
yall know yall can cook up some damn lies lol.... UA is buying what out???? a BSN contract?

yall know yall can cook up some damn lies lol.... UA is buying what out???? a BSN contract?
Can’t you read??? Buying jsu out of the Nike deal... but You’ll see. I didn’t put that out there for debate. Everything you guys thought wasn’t going to happen a few weeks ago, is currently happening pertaining to Deion so same for this UA/Nike situation. A&M should be concern with trying to rep the East and not what lies or not lies jsu got going over here.

Last edited:
Caught up with my top JSU source today. All I can say right now is, Damn Good Job JSU!

Y’all better learn to be nicer to your JSU brothers! 😂

I tired to tell y’all, JSU wasn’t playing behind this hire. Congratulations to the Tigers and their program. This hire is good for the SWAC and all of HBCU football. JSU has been waiting to make a big time hire, and they have finally done it. I am very happy for them. Some folks just don’t know how just how close that Brett Farve deal was made when those rumors were in the air as well. JSU was serious about making a splash hire. I can’t wait to see what Prime Time does at JSU.

Last edited:
Deon has done more for JSU in the past week than the last three coaches combined and he hasn’t even been announced. There will be a bump in ticket sales just to see the show and they weren’t lacking in attendance already. If he can recruit difference makers, its game on. I hope Jackson can afford to put the assistants around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back