Jackson State fires John Hendrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
The great Oracle *sarcasm*. Hendrick was only given a two year deal after the 2018 season where he went 2-1. He had a limited window to show that he belonged as head coach. Talent was there. Ended up going 4-8 with close losses to SU and Aamu (games he should of won) and blowouts against gram, alcorn and bama. Unfortunately he could not prove himself in the fall of 2020 because of Rona. I personally did not like the fact that he did not get rid of his DC. Anyways 2 years was the max and those 2 years will be up in December. Thanks JSU/99 for making sure we get a splash hire in here to right this ship.

He's a casualty of the pandemic. He missed out on a chance to prove himself with no football this fall. At least JSU is up front with the man considering he has been giving notice so many months in advance. I don't know how he would feel about coming to a place where they are still figuring out how to play winning football, but I would like to see him coach defense at my Texas Southern.

Let me get this straight. JSU theoretically gave the man a two-year contract to prove himself, but in actuality gave him only one year to prove what he would have done in two. So when the next guy gets a two-year contract, he will be given three years (seasons) ( next spring, next fall and following fall) to prove what he can do in two. Logic that can only come out of desperate situations. Now that I understand the JSU logic, I understand TP much, much better.

Let me get this straight. JSU theoretically gave the man a two-year contract to prove himself, but in actuality gave him only one year to prove what he would have done in two. So when the next guy gets a two-year contract, he will be given three years (seasons) ( next spring, next fall and following fall) to prove what he can do in two. Logic that can only come out of desperate situations. Now that I understand the JSU logic, I understand TP much, much better.
Now you're starting to understand. We're not A&M or the likes of there of. We are THEE JACKSON STATE UNIVERSITY!!! We DEMAND success.

Now back to Hendricks,

"GET YO HAT, YO COAT, AND LLEEAAVVVEEEEE!!!!!"

Roger that for basketball...

We could all be wrong but also right

just hope JSU has its ducks all in a town as a guy like that ain’t gonna be quiet. As much as he likes social media you can only cringe if he starts complaining about small things and the media blows it up

We could all be wrong but also right

just hope JSU has its ducks all in a town as a guy like that ain’t gonna be quiet. As much as he likes social media you can only cringe if he starts complaining about small things and the media blows it up
Who the hell cares? They've done it before, ex. Denise Taylor. And look who we have now. Winning cures a lot of that silly crap anyway.

Who the hell cares? They've done it before, ex. Denise Taylor. And look who we have now. Winning cures a lot of that silly crap anyway.

but obviously it ain’t easy to win like we think. Pre APR a Comegy type coach would’ve done it without hesitation - post APR those coaches can’t do the same things. Rarely you see quick turnarounds in football anymore

but obviously it ain’t easy to win like we think. Pre APR a Comegy type coach would’ve done it without hesitation - post APR those coaches can’t do the same things. Rarely you see quick turnarounds in football anymore

6ZrRwM.gif

tenor.gif

He's a casualty of the pandemic. He missed out on a chance to prove himself with no football this fall. At least JSU is up front with the man considering he has been giving notice so many months in advance. I don't know how he would feel about coming to a place where they are still figuring out how to play winning football, but I would like to see him coach defense at my Texas Southern.

The "Rona" is like "da suga" (diabetes) or the wrong woman...........will mess up "yo" life....smh & lol

Yes it is, and yes you do....

where? We’re talking about places where you we’re losing consistently and the your winning consistently.

In the swac, it took Hopson 2 years but with limited resources is it worth selling out the other programs at the school to do so?

Also, let’s say you hire any coach, not just Deion.
Does rolling him out there for a spring schedule and seeing their heads beat in helps that coach going into the fall momentum wise?

That’s the gamble in this.

Why not just fire him after last season, he had the same record and that would have been better timing. Probably needed to be let go, but Questionable timing during a pandemic for administration and makes administration look bad.

Again - if the new coach stinks it up during the spring do you hold them accountable? Are there fb players even on campus?

Why not just fire him after last season, he had the same record and that would have been better timing. Probably needed to be let go, but Questionable timing during a pandemic for administration and makes administration look bad.

While they look bad to you, they will look like seasoned pros to the college football world in a few more mornings. JSU has done well in this process.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back