Jackson State fires John Hendrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSU will go another decade of non-existence in SWAC football.

They have not won a football championship in 13 years or since 2007, and have not had a winning season since 2013. What a fall from grace for a once-proud program!

They have not won a football championship in 13 years or since 2007, and have not had a winning season since 2013. What a fall from grace for a once-proud program!

Correction JSU finished 4-3 in 2018 and maintained a winning record in SWAC play .... carry on though... worry about your programs inability to win the big one when it matters and we’ll continue to do what’s best to get better athletes, better coaching, and reclaim our tradition of winning football in Jackson. Thanks sport.

Last edited:
You talk as if the school Deion coaches is some heavyweight public high school in tx. 2 private schools battled in a close game. Mra isn’t a pushover. They can beat majority of public high schools in Jps. Smh James Bell isn’t Deion by no means.

What you don't understand Deion is under the Under Armour umbrella, he gets players from all over the country connected with UA to transfer and play for him. A few stayed on his ranch, he had a WR from Callaway Buckholster who got homesick and left.So he should have beaten MRA wit the talent he has, In think his coaching is questionable. They couldn't pick up the blitz. MRA probably would blown them out but Trinty returned an INT for 100 yds. On the positive side with his name and connection UA he should get some recruits. You can fact check me if you like.

Please explain....Only last season Hendrick was touted as the one to revive JSU football. Even had be believing, seeing some of the transfers he recruited. Tell us what went wrong....I advised against firing Robert Hughes..

Must you be so cruel?

LOL!!! This guy gets it. Happened to me, too. Call it what you want, but when it happens you feel fired because you have been fired. Ask Hendrick how he feels about now: non-renewed or fired?

I just hope brother Hendrick doesn't put another curse on Jsu. That would just be inhumane! I just don't believe in that kind of abuse.....LOL

So JSU motto is to fire a coach to get a better one. Wishing them the best but if they fired Hendricks just to get Sanders, it will be a continual cycle of turnovers. Karma is real. Plus they firing a head coach with a interim president.

It would seem like if Deion has the ability to resurrect any program, it would be Florida State.

So JSU motto is to fire a coach to get a better one. Wishing them the best but if they fired Hendricks just to get Sanders, it will be a continual cycle of turnovers. Karma is real. Plus they firing a head coach with a interim president.

Nope... we fire a coach that did not meet expectations, was aware he had one season to prove he deserved an extension and failed, got blown out against Alcorn and lost to D2 Kentucky State, defensive coach but the defense regressed from 2018 ... I’m sorry did having standards become extinct at JSU ? Has it been that long since JSU was Dominant in the SWAC that folks forgot the prestige and expectations of wearing the coaches whistle for Jackson state ... Hendricks was a great guy but not the guy for JSU. It’s not about dumping him for the next it’s about JSU putting a foot down with famu and bcu only bolstering the East.... that right here today ... we’re going to commit to stop losing to the siac, a gram or southern win or both needs to be on the resume each season, and we need to be contending or in the mix every year. That’s j state football... that’s all there is too it.

Please explain....Only last season Hendrick was touted as the one to revive JSU football. Even had me believing, seeing some of the transfers he recruited. Tell us what went wrong....I advised against firing Robert Hughes..

The great Oracle *sarcasm*. Hendrick was only given a two year deal after the 2018 season where he went 2-1. He had a limited window to show that he belonged as head coach. Talent was there. Ended up going 4-8 with close losses to SU and Aamu (games he should of won) and blowouts against gram, alcorn and bama. Unfortunately he could not prove himself in the fall of 2020 because of Rona. I personally did not like the fact that he did not get rid of his DC. Anyways 2 years was the max and those 2 years will be up in December. Thanks JSU/99 for making sure we get a splash hire in here to right this ship.

Please explain....Only last season Hendrick was touted as the one to revive JSU football. Even had me believing, seeing some of the transfers he recruited. Tell us what went wrong....I advised against firing Robert Hughes..
Panic lol

Patron, it's because PV is cursed as well. Until you all put Willie J. Nicks name on that stadium, the football demons will continue to wreak havoc on PV football. That's an old curse that's solid as steel......LOL

William (Billy) J. Nicks has a building named after him.

William-Nicks-Building-Exterior.jpg

He's a casualty of the pandemic. He missed out on a chance to prove himself with no football this fall. At least JSU is up front with the man considering he has been giving notice so many months in advance. I don't know how he would feel about coming to a place where they are still figuring out how to play winning football, but I would like to see him coach defense at my Texas Southern.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back