FAMU to the SWAC....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
if the MEAC folds. Howard could thrive in the Patriot League. Norfolk State, NC Central, and SC State could go to the Big South, and Cookman could go to the SWAC

We extended an invite to tenn state a few years ago and they basically told us to go to hell. Maybe those ovc beatings convinced them to switch but I'm not pressed for them to come. I'd like a Georgia and Florida team to come to the swac. With famu leaving possibly and ncat going to the big south the meac is finished and so is the cb bowl.

Tennessee State has new leadership like FAMU so maybe they would be more open to listening. The last AD operated in a silo. Overall Lack of success over 20 years should be a red light.

but SWAC has courted FAMU several times but something always got in the way. Rudy Washington was the last Commissioner who publicly stated they wanted both famu and Tennessee state but we ended up with Morris Brown lol

I’m conflicted. I like the move because famu has a great fan base that will increase revenue across the swac, and you’ll get annual big games JSU vs famu and su vs famu renewed more annually.

big picture , celebration bowl and exposure is at risk without the MEAC holding strong.

I’m with those who say bcu should come too. It just makes sense for them too. Alcorn would move to the swac west.

Im just telling you what I was told

Miles is poorer than Valley........
Exactly. Some of these slow people are acting like the CIAA schools can save the MEAC. Those schools are D2 for a reason...and NONE of them have the impact of FAMU or NCA&T. Hampton wasnt much of a loss. They a bunch of Uncle Toms anyway but now the MEAC is losing their largest enrollments. The conference will now depend on Howard to carry the banner. Yeah THAT Howard... LOL

Tennessee State has new leadership like FAMU so maybe they would be more open to listening. The last AD operated in a silo. Overall Lack of success over 20 years should be a red light.

but SWAC has courted FAMU several times but something always got in the way. Rudy Washington was the last Commissioner who publicly stated they wanted both famu and Tennessee state but we ended up with Morris Brown lol

Morris Brown would have been a good addition. ...back then! lol

The Swac don't receive funding from those classics so it's only having a member institution in it is where they would get to mention. Remember that JSU plays TnSt in Southern Heritage Classic in Memphis and Alabama State still have their big classic game with Tuskegee.

Neither is ready financially to make that move and it would take a minimum of 4 years for them to transition from D2 to D1.

Every JSU game is a big game.

If FAMU and Tennessee State joined the conference and were placed in the East Division with Alcorn joining the West, do you think the divisions would be equal or do you think the East Division would be too top heavy with TSU, FAMU, Bama State, JSU and AAMU all in the same division?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
What is going to be funny is that once the celebration bowl ends black people will blame the white folks at ESPN instead of the inept leadership at our schools and the blacks chasing the white folks gold in other conferences.

There has been talks if the Celebration Bowl ends in its current format, the SWAC would play an IVY League Champion in a bowl since the they don't go to playoffs.

Alabama would probably be important. I could see alot of games played in Mobile to keep cost down.
Ok stay right there, do it make sense to you to play Southern vs Famu game in Mobile every year? Both schools about the same distance from Mobile.

President Heffner sold Tennessee State out.. The Tennessee Higher Education Commission are not going to let Tennessee State move to the SWAC..

Could the SWAC eventually have two 7-team divisions? I’m only assuming FAMU, TSU, SCSU and BCU would join.

I was saying Mobile, if say a TXSU or PVAM has to roll off and play FAMU OR BCU.

If SCState was smart I would go to Big South or SOCON

I was saying Mobile, if say a TXSU or PVAM has to roll off and play FAMU OR BCU.

If SCState was smart I would go to Big South or SOCON

SC State can't just "go" to the Big South or SOCON. In order to get in those conferences, the conferences have to vote to let them in. I doubt if those conferences think adding SC State would add value at this time, given the fragile financial condition.

SC State can't just "go" to the Big South or SOCON. In order to get in those conferences, the conferences have to vote to let them in. I doubt if those conferences think adding SC State would add value at this time, given the fragile financial condition.
So do you think SCSTATE would be an asset to the SWAC OR even get a invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back