Rumor Mill: More Teams Leaving the MEAC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I really PRAY that never happens...for the SWAC or the MEAC

I pray to heaven on high that never happens ...

However, I honestly think these following scenarios aren't as far off as people may think. Some of these are highly unlikely to snowball's chance in hell, but you have to really have to keep an eye out especially after NCAT and Hampton left/gonna leave the MEAC.

1. The Texas Southland schools make an offer Texas Southern and Prairie View cannot refuse
2. The Louisiana Southland schools and Central Arkansas woo Pine Bluff, Southern, Grambling, Jackson, Valley and Alcorn to form their own league.
2a. Mississippi gets Valley to merge with Delta State with that merged college accepting Valley's D-1 status (like Texas-Rio Grande Valley and Albany State/Darton College merger).

McClelland's a smart man. I'm willing to bet he has at least some scenarios on a PDF. A flow chart for SWAC expansion or contraction.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
If the MEAC goes under, the Ivy League should take their place. They’re the only other league who forgoes the playoff. Won’t be the same atmosphere but would be great to see two historic conferences do battle and thumb their noses at the FCS playoffs.

1. I would change the name of the bowl

2. Harvard/Yale likes "The Game" to be the last game of the Ivy League season and are the primary reason why the Ivy doesn't participate in the FCS playoffs. Going by that other board, there's a growing sentiment that they wanna participate in it plus they were exploring creating a bowl game which would end that being the last game.

With Hampton's president, that is definitely true. Along with reducing traveling costs, there is another dynamic that is happening at NCAT. You have an AD that does not think about a unified HBCU conference because he does not have the heritage; he thinks like his counterparts at PWCs. If PV gets an AD that is like NCAT's AD, PV might leave the SWAC and thereby weaken it.

View attachment 9897

So NCAT has a white AD, and now they’re leaving the MEAC...

God I hope no SWAC school does anything this stupid

That White AD at A&T has done a better job than most any HBCU AD. The great job he's done can't be denied. Some of y'all sound scared as hell of having to compete with Whites.

man please. Besides coach Broadway bringing their football program back,what has the AD done?

NCAT isn’t a national name & they still aren’t the most relevant HBCU athletics wise

man please. Besides coach Broadway bringing their football program back,what has the AD done?

NCAT isn’t a national name & they still aren’t the most relevant HBCU athletics wise
You sound crazy as hell.. A&T is definitely a national name.... not to mention largest HBCU in the country... and they are relevant in EVERY sport....

It’s the Chancellor making the moves from A to Z. He has done a good job of hiring solid people but the Big South move was his idea even though he’s an A&T grad

White AD’s have failed in HBCU land or will bolt before the stuff hits the fan.

I pray to heaven on high that never happens ...

However, I honestly think these following scenarios aren't as far off as people may think. Some of these are highly unlikely to snowball's chance in hell, but you have to really have to keep an eye out especially after NCAT and Hampton left/gonna leave the MEAC.

1. The Texas Southland schools make an offer Texas Southern and Prairie View cannot refuse
2. The Louisiana Southland schools and Central Arkansas woo Pine Bluff, Southern, Grambling, Jackson, Valley and Alcorn to form their own league.
2a. Mississippi gets Valley to merge with Delta State with that merged college accepting Valley's D-1 status (like Texas-Rio Grande Valley and Albany State/Darton College merger).

McClelland's a smart man. I'm willing to bet he has at least some scenarios on a PDF. A flow chart for SWAC expansion or contraction.
Yeah, option 2 ain't happening unless the world's greatest financial deal pushes that to happen. lol

You sound crazy as hell.. A&T is definitely a national name.... not to mention largest HBCU in the country... and they are relevant in EVERY sport....

dude I live in Atlanta. I work with high school kids..one a couple talk about NCAT.

everyone else still talks about and wants to go to the more well known schools like FAMU, Cookman, JSU,Bama State, AAMU, SU, Howard, the south GA schools and the AUC schools.

I’ll even say Miles and Talladega are more relevant

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Yeah, option 2 ain't happening unless the world's greatest financial deal pushes that to happen. lol

hence me saying ranging from highly unlikely to snowball chance in hell LOL

but ... somehow the Dodgers left Brooklyn, the original Browns moved to Baltimore and the Big East lost its basketball power.

A&T Track was literally top 10 in the country. But A&T is supposed to be subpar. LMAO.

I promise yall need to quit the knuckledragging act. Its a reason why yalls pork rind eatin ADs wont schedule A&T LMAO

dude I live in Atlanta. I work with high school kids..one a couple talk about NCAT.

everyone else still talks about and wants to go to the more well known schools like FAMU, Cookman, JSU,Bama State, AAMU, SU, Howard, the south GA schools and the AUC schools.

Maybe, just maybe those kids aren't the market A&T is recruiting.

What are those schools graduation rates relative to A&T?

DSU will be next out of the MEAC mark my words.. I just think they are putting together a strategy plan and will say deuces in the next two years

SCState I think will have to clean house and get the school back on track.. They have many options go DIV 2 join the PEACH BELT.. Stay FCS it would make more sense to go to the SOCON. Both conferences have SC footprints.

TBH if the SWAC falls apart. I think the only four school with the easiest transition would be the Texas and Louisiana schools due to the member schools in the Southland..
SU VS all the Louisiana Southland Conference schools, play GSU for the BC. LTECH ULL TULANE ULM rotate JSU, PVAM,TSU, throw in FAMU and a FBS school. I could see it..

What part do you not understand that A&T is the largest HBCU in the country..... so what if Atlanta folks aint going... Atlanta aint the only city in America. A&T has over 12,000 students

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back