Rumor Mill: More Teams Leaving the MEAC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm cool with FAMU coming to the SWAC and even TN State as well but BCU can stay in the MEAC. FAMU can still keep them on their schedule each year, but BCU is bringing nothing to enhance the conference and that's just being real!

When the SEC expanded they wanted both TX A&M and Oklahoma. Missouri was only offered entry after the OU offer feel thru due to the OK State Legislature saying "If you take OU, you have to take OSU as well". The SEC had no interest in OSU and the OU deal couldn't be done. Missouri was offered to fill in the gap.

Just as the SEC held their ground on not wanting or needing OSU, the SWAC will have to do the same with BCU.
Cookman has or had a decent baseball program last time I checked.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Patron, even if we would go North/South PV couldn't avoid that heat because you would get that exemption for two permanent games....LOL

View attachment 9892

Why is it y'all always come up with this bullshyt permanent opponent?
There are no common opponents for all the schools to be with that would be fair and equal.

This was my thought. As more MEAC schools make this move it makes even less sense. I suspect that both Hampton and A&T's move was motivated in part by "special/only negro" syndrome. What happens next when your new home becomes the very thing you tried to leave (except with less power and influence)?

Or maybe, just maybe the healthy MEAC universities who desired to remain D1 long term were looking for a landing spot once the MEAC eventually crashed and burned due to the unhealthy member schools not having their shit together...with the remaining healthy schools linking back up without the dying ones...

It appears that's been the plan all along, instead of st the common belief of HBCU thinking 1 or 2 schools were just being uppity.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it y'all always come up with this bullshyt permanent opponent?
There are no common opponents for all the schools to be with that would be fair and equal.

How about you go to shyt? If you don't like it don't read it. One will never set a schedule where any of you all will ever be pleased and that wasn't what I was shooting for.

I don’t think it’s really that. The SWAC schools seem to really mesh with each other...the MEAC just doesn’t. Especially for us in Florida.

If Hampton and A&T can get NCCU and NSU to join em, they’re good. They keep their traditional rivals with occasional games against us.

Meanwhile, FAMU, BCU and SCSU would need to find out what’s best for us if the MEAC loses those schools. Is the SWAC our best option...or is it another regional FCS football conference? We just don’t know

Even with all that logical explanation, there will always be some among us that refuse to see this as anything but a "blacks cuddling with whites to get ahead" issue.

If the SWAC expands, I doubt you'll see a North/South divisional format depending on the membership. If its FAMU and B-CU, that would put them in no better situation than the MEAC in travel costs.

You have to be equitable to the consensus of membership in the event of possible SWAC/MEAC/SIAC/CIAA contraction/expansion.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The whole point I was making to Patron (which was sadly missed) is no matter what format, they cannot avoid competition.....sheesh

I agree to your point that competition will not be avoided. We shouldn't even think of "what about competition now" because as we know, college athletics are hella cyclical.

IMO, the East/West format with Alcorn in the West is the better scenario ... if the SWAC expands and FAMU lays the condition that they gotta bring Bethune Cookman with them ...

Now if B-CU's money troubles are too much for Division I or the college existing as it is ... then we're at a different discussion ...

I just hope Dr. McClelland has multiple whiteboards with scenarios for conference expansion and contraction up just to see how the dominoes could land.

I think some of us are looking just at football. What is/was the benefit for other sports when NC A&T announced their move?

I think some of us are looking just at football. What is/was the benefit for other sports when NC A&T announced their move?

The logical option would be reduction in travel costs for other sports. I think folks are making a huge mistake looking at this as a football-only proposition. I know football pays the bills, but you gotta look at the big picture.

The logical option would be reduction in travel costs for other sports. I think folks are making a huge mistake looking at this as a football-only proposition. I know football pays the bills, but you gotta look at the big picture.

That's what they always forget about, the other sports.

This was my thought. As more MEAC schools make this move it makes even less sense. I suspect that both Hampton and A&T's move was motivated in part by "special/only negro" syndrome. What happens next when your new home becomes the very thing you tried to leave (except with less power and influence)?

With Hampton's president, that is definitely true. Along with reducing traveling costs, there is another dynamic that is happening at NCAT. You have an AD that does not think about a unified HBCU conference because he does not have the heritage; he thinks like his counterparts at PWCs. If PV gets an AD that is like NCAT's AD, PV might leave the SWAC and thereby weaken it.

1588919063801.png

A weaker SWAC??? Please Prairie View don't leave us color folks behind. Ya'll are the premier school in the SWAC when it comes sports. Ya'll all weez got when it comes to schools like dem good White folks schools. With ya'll joining them White folks with their brains and money, we stand no chance as an all kneegrow conference. Ya'll know us color folks can't think for ourselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back