The coronavirus ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the World desperately needs a leader this Clown in the WH publicly bashed and showed no sympathy for the European plight due to the virus and is always trying to find someone else to blame (China) instead of acknowledging the fact that his delayed response put us in a Reactive instead of a Proactive situation!

When the World desperately needs a leader this Clown in the WH publicly bashed and showed no sympathy for the European plight due to the virus and is always trying to find someone else to blame (China) instead of acknowledging the fact that his delayed response put us in a Reactive instead of a Proactive situation!
This is the way a pimp operates. I have been trying to tell y'all.

No doubt he is promoting xenophobia...There is speculation that this is "the gift"(people saying there are articles where China said it) that China was referring to giving us over all those trade issues since Trump has been in office. IMO it does feel like some type of get back that would cripple the United States.

It would be a self-inflicted gift (kind of like a sacrifice fly {missing baseball}) but this issue is so widespread. They would have really had to hate Italy BTW. I'm not sure if it was premeditated in any way but I do know based on history it's not beyond the realm of possibility of germ warfare to happen at some point.

Read this before you welcome the young people in your life when they come back from spring break to kill their parents and / or grandparents.
:tiptoe:

'Get your heads out of the sand': Warning as coronavirus claims UK’s youngest victim.
:nono2:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-death-craig-ruston-085545970.html.
:read:

A friend of Britain’s youngest coronavirus victim has warned people to “be vigilant” over the potential dangers of the illness.

Posting on Facebook, the family of Craig Ruston, 45, said he died at 6.20am on Monday after his chest infection was diagnosed as Covid-19.

They said Ruston, who was diagnosed with motor neurone disease (MND) in June 2018, was "not ready to go".

In another post, on the Mummy With MND Facebook page, a friend paid tribute to the father and his family, saying they “had lots of precious time left”.

I'll say this. This is more than just a virus and no one is telling me differently. The flu has killed more people in the same time frame. They put the coronavirus all on the news and they keep telling us all these celebrities got it. How are they testing for it?

I'll say this. This is more than just a virus and no one is telling me differently. The flu has killed more people in the same time frame. They put the coronavirus all on the news and they keep telling us all these celebrities got it. How are they testing for it?
They have the money to be tested.

Cornoavirus is more contagious and deadlier than the flu. Celebrities/athletes are testing through private labs. The NBA, in particular, were notified from medical experts of the COVID-19 threat weeks before the major U.S. outbreak and took proactive steps to secure testing capabilities.

Cornoavirus is more contagious and deadlier than the flu. Celebrities/athletes are testing through private labs. The NBA, in particular, were notified from medical experts of the COVID-19 threat weeks before the major U.S. outbreak and took proactive steps to secure testing capabilities.
It’s only been killing at a fast rate for elderly people. People 50 or lower the percent is 0.2. Nobody knows if it is more deadly. We aren’t even due for a vaccine until about 6 months to a year. This isn’t sitting right with me at all. The media got folks losing their minds.

It’s only been killing at a fast rate for elderly people. People 50 or lower the percent is 0.2. Nobody knows if it is more deadly. We aren’t even due for a vaccine until about 6 months to a year. This isn’t sitting right with me at all. The media got folks losing their minds.
That 0.2 is DOUBLE the overall U.S. death rate of the flu. And dying is the worst scenario but a lot of the people who survive are getting very sick to the point of hospitalization.

And the vaccine is 12-18 months away. Not 6 close to months.

The Trump administration is to blame for the panic, not the media. If he had got ahead of it early instead of downplaying the severity of the virus, the country would have been better prepared.

And a growing number of hospitalizations in the U.S. are people UNDER 50. That's why it's been stressed that folks don't gather in crowds because the virus spreads so easily.

Africa could potentially be one of the worst case scenarios if everything doesn't go just right! Just consider this fact: "in the whole of Kenya, a country of 50 million people, there are 200 critical care beds."

Concern Grows Over Africa's Readiness For Coronavirus

March 19, 20204:31 PM ET

AILSA CHANG, HOST:

The coronavirus was late to appear in Africa, but the number of cases there is now expanding dramatically. That is a great cause for concern because many countries in Africa are ill-equipped to deal with the health challenges posed by COVID-19. NPR's Eyder Peralta is monitoring developments from his base in Nairobi, Kenya.

Hey, Eyder.
EYDER PERALTA, BYLINE: Hey, Ailsa.
CHANG: All right. So first, can you just give us an idea of the overall number of cases in Africa at the moment?

PERALTA: The whole continent has more than 700 cases. And the thing is that last week, we didn't even have a hundred cases. Last week, we had only a handful of countries reporting cases. Now we have 33 of them.

Earlier today, I spoke to Dr. Ahmed Kalebi, who is the CEO of Lancet Labs here in Kenya. And he's actually in self-quarantine because he has COVID-19 symptoms, but he's really worried because he says those numbers may be really low. African countries, he says - they're just not getting enough tests. And Kenya, he says, has only a couple of hundred tests left. So they're just not testing widely. He says he actually tried to buy kits for his private lab, and the manufacturer told him he couldn't buy them for at least four weeks because they were being sent to the U.S. or to Europe. Let's listen.

View: https://www.npr.org/transcripts/818518681

Cramer worries that post-coronavirus US could have just three retailers: Amazon, Walmart, Costco

CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Friday he fears that the coronavirus-driven halt in the economy could leave the U.S. with only three retailers after the crisis ends.

“If we come out of this sooner, then other, small businesses can open. If we come out of this later, there are going to be three retailers in this country,” the “Mad Money” host said. “There’s going to be Amazon. There’s going to be Walmart. And there’s going to be Costco.”

“That is something that the government cannot afford to have happen,” he said on “Squawk on the Street.”

Cramer pondered the possibility of the already dominant Amazon-Walmart-Costco trifecta being the only games in town. “If it comes out that those are the three, can you imagine what it means for this country to just have three retailers?”

Why did coronavirus hit hard in Italy and Spain? Some blame a lack of social distancing — and a lot of social kissing.
Yahoo News, Melissa Rossi, Yahoo News • March 20, 2020

BARCELONA, Spain — When Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez of Spain, a country now in lockdown with over 17,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19, took the dais in Parliament in Madrid on Wednesday to announce a $220 billion package to help his country’s tourism-powered economy, warning that “the worst is yet to come,” Micol Maria de Vincenti was appalled.

“I thought, ‘What is Sánchez doing in the Parliament — his wife is testing positive, he’s supposed to stay at home!’” says the Italian-born engineer who’s been living in Madrid for decades. Never mind that most parliamentarians had skipped the Wednesday session in the Spanish capital, where on average four people are now dying every hour from COVID-19. “When the leader of Spain is breaking his own quarantine, it’s not setting a good example.”

De Vincenti was not the only one taken aback at the seeming lack of urgency about the coronavirus in Spain, where cases began climbing three weeks ago, and where concepts like social distancing didn’t enter the discussion until this week. That recommendation still doesn’t appear in the Health Ministry’s advisories.

Obama's Ebola czar says coronavirus infections will 'explode' in next few weeks, won't decrease until May
Suzanne Smalley Reporter, Yahoo News • March 19, 2020

Ron Klain, who served as President Barack Obama’s “Ebola czar,” says Americans need to prepare for a massive spike in coronavirus cases and deaths over the next few weeks.

“We’re really at the inflection point here, where this disease is really going to explode in the U.S.,” Klain said in an interview with Yahoo News’ “Skullduggery” podcast. While the number of confirmed U.S. coronavirus cases is already doubling every three days, Klain said, he expects new cases to “accelerate further as we finally start to put some testing on the line and we start to really understand how big a problem we have — and I think it’s a very big problem.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back