The coronavirus ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

And yet the latest polls say 55% of Americans say that they approve of his handling of the coronavirus. This is why I said democrats should've been aggressive with putting the facts out there.

HUH???????
The feds are about to pump trillions in to fix this mess. Much of it will go through state and local governments. I have been watching the purchase orders issued here in DC and notice our Department of Health spent about 7 million leasing space at different clinics and hospitals in one day alone.

I know the local government here will not have the infrastructure to handle this influx of cases and claims for aid and will have to outsource a lot of that work so I have been prepping to bounce on those contract opps when they hit the streets. Also, with unemployment so high, a lot of money will be pushed into job training as well.

After Hurricane Katrina, I watched a bunch of cats I went to high school with stack up money doing clean-up and recovery work while I was in college broke. After the 08 market crash, I saw a lot of cats I knew go on property buying sprees and came out good. I wasn't in a position to take advantage back then but I am now. There is about to be a lot of money floating to address the issues left by this outbreak shortly both from the government and in the private sector.

Also, I think this will fundamentally alter the world as we know it and those companies have really embraced and adapted remote work models will do well.

Locally, I have started talking to some other local business people who do business with the city here and we are working on how to align ourselves to grab these contracts as they come out the pipeline as we know the city will move quick. I suggest others do the same in their localities.

Illinois governor to Donald Trump: 'Get off Twitter and Do Your Job'

NOT AFRAID OF TWITTER!
:clap:
:bow:
:nod:

In an era where the judiciary and 99% of republicans are afraid of twitter, its great seeing people who are not scared!
:popcorn:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...p-get-off-twitter-and-do-your-job/2894919001/
\
WASHINGTON – As the nation grappled with coronavirus, President Donald Trump and Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker engaged in a nasty Twitter fight Sunday over federal help with needed medical supplies.

"You wasted precious months when you could've taken action to protect Americans & Illinoisans," Pritzker, a Democrat, tweeted at Trump. "You should be leading a national response instead of throwing tantrums from the back seat."

Pritzker was responding to a tweet from Trump, who said he and other governors "shouldn’t be blaming the Federal Government for their own shortcomings. We are there to back you up should you fail, and always will be!"

Interesting read - people need to think about others when hoarding.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...cans-say-they-cant-afford-stock-up-groceries/.
:read:

‘If coronavirus doesn’t get us, starvation will’: A growing number of Americans say they can’t afford to stock up on groceries

She was running out of food, but Patricia Brown had to wait.

She waited until the third Wednesday of the month, the day her Social Security check landed in the bank, before she got into her Nissan and drove to the local supermarket in search of a few basics: spaghetti, ground beef and distilled water for her sleep apnea machine.

But by the time she’d arrived, all of those items were gone. It had been over a week since the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had urged Americans like her — older, with chronic health conditions — to “stock up” and stay home because of the deepening coronavirus crisis, which was upending every aspect of daily life and shutting down entire cities. The president even went on TV to urge people to avoid gatherings of more than 10.

Arizona man dies after ingesting chloroquine in hopes of treating coronavirus
:nono2:

https://news.yahoo.com/arizona-man-dies-ingesting-chloroquine-094559639.html

PHOENIX – A man has died and his wife was in critical care Monday after the couple ingested a chemical as self-medication for the new coronavirus, Banner Health announced in a press release.

The couple, both in their 60s, ingested chloroquine phosphate, which is an additive commonly used at aquariums to clean fish tanks, the press release said. Within 30 minutes of ingestion, they experienced effects that required admittance to a Banner Health hospital, it said.

The incident happened days after a March 19 news conference in which President Donald Trump said chloroquine is being tested as possible a COVID-19 therapy.

Chloroquine has been in use since 1944 to fight malaria and has antiviral effects. Researchers believe it may interfere with the ability of the new virus to fuse to cell walls and infect them, but more research is needed. Currently, doctors have no established treatments for those suffering from COVID-19 beyond supportive care that generally includes IV liquids, oxygen, fever reducers and pain killers.

'Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure': Woman whose husband died after ingesting chloroquine warns the public not to 'believe anything that the president says'
  • The wife of an Arizona man who died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate to protect himself from the novel coronavirus urged the public on Monday not to "believe anything that the president says" and rely on doctors instead.
  • Banner Health said the man and his wife consumed a version of the chemical that's used to clean aquariums.
  • "We saw Trump on TV — every channel — and all of his buddies and that this was safe," the woman, who is in critical care after taking the drug with her husband, told NBC News' Vaughn Hillyard. "Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure."
  • The president has repeatedly touted chloroquine as a "very powerful" treatment against the coronavirus and falsely claimed it was approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
  • Asked what her message was to the public after what she and her husband went through, the woman told NBC News: "Oh my God, don't take anything. Don't believe anything that the president says and his people ... call your doctor."

'Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure': Woman whose husband died after ingesting chloroquine warns the public not to 'believe anything that the president says'
  • The wife of an Arizona man who died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate to protect himself from the novel coronavirus urged the public on Monday not to "believe anything that the president says" and rely on doctors instead.
  • Banner Health said the man and his wife consumed a version of the chemical that's used to clean aquariums.
  • "We saw Trump on TV — every channel — and all of his buddies and that this was safe," the woman, who is in critical care after taking the drug with her husband, told NBC News' Vaughn Hillyard. "Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure."
  • The president has repeatedly touted chloroquine as a "very powerful" treatment against the coronavirus and falsely claimed it was approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
  • Asked what her message was to the public after what she and her husband went through, the woman told NBC News: "Oh my God, don't take anything. Don't believe anything that the president says and his people ... call your doctor."
The problem is that they believed him. smh

Central pastor plans outdoor service on Sunday

People like this are part of the problem in this country. It's all about finances and political views. Told you white evangelicals are stubborn.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony Spell, the pastor of Life Tabernacle Church in Central, plans an outdoor service for his church of nearly 1,200 people Sunday morning after garnering national headlines over an indoor service earlier this week that had defied emergency state restrictions on public gatherings.

Spell asserted Gov. John Bel Edwards' executive order limiting gatherings to fewer than 50 people to limit the novel coronavirus doesn't apply to outdoor events, but said he has structured the religious event anyway to maintain distance among the parishioners on the church's 20-acre campus off Hooper Road.

"They cannot mandate any outdoor event," Spell claimed Friday.

Nahhhh, this country thinks they can throw money at anything and solve the problem. This is a virus that does not give a rat's ass about money.

All the majority of these folks are thinking about is money...while people are dying their focus is money. They think a certain percentage of the population dying is a good thing as long as their portfolio doesn't tank. This country is sick and as The Joker said, " This town needs an enema". Everybody touting this healthcare system as the best in the world. Having the best facilities does not equate having the best system.

People need to wake up and stop believing the hype.

Last edited:
40 people in Connecticut exposed to coronavirus at a party, officials say

(CNN)About 40 people who attended a farewell party in Connecticut in early March were exposed to Covid-19 after a partygoer was confirmed to have the virus, three local Connecticut officials confirmed to CNN.

The town of Westport now has 79 cases, the most of any Connecticut municipality, according to local officials. In Fairfield County, the surrounding county, there are 384 confirmed cases, more than half of Connecticut's total number of cases.

The party serves as a stark example how quickly coronavirus spreads in crowded areas, and the role asymptomatic people can play in disseminating the disease. It also foreshadowed the warnings of public health officials that came in the following days.

"To some extent, Westport is a cautionary tale, or a harbinger of what's to come," Connecticut State Senator Will Haskell said. "I hope the 168 other towns in Connecticut see what happens in Westport and act accordingly."

Not the least bit surprising considering that his would-be opponent apparently spent the last week hibernating. Of course, seeing how his appearances this week went, I can see why they kept him out of view.

:)Still can't get over this virus. Summer is coming, we all should stay home / work remotely / don't go anywhere.
The payments are hidden from public view because they’re made through campaign manager Brad Parscale’s private company, Parscale Strategy, based in San Antonio, sources told the Times..... ????whaaaaat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back