The #1 rated football recruit for 2018 is asking what would happen if we started going to HBCUs

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Also, im just going to make it simple. You have to give these kids a reason to come to your school other than being black. That's just not gonna do it. And, getting coaches that can actually coach.
Getting four and five star recruits has always been a facilities game since integration, along with other factors. It takes a strong parent/s to resist that attraction, and attention. African American athletes are another commodity or resource that leaves the community.

Also, im just going to make it simple. You have to give these kids a reason to come to your school other than being black. That's just not gonna do it. And, getting coaches that can actually coach.

Some of these negroes still stuck in segregation w/ their backwards mindset smgdh.

I'd be ALL over the next McCaffrey @ RB or a quick-strike QB w/ a gunslinger arm and makes WISE decisions w/ the ball who is being overlooked by big state U. They'll come in w/ a strong work ethic and a HUGE chip on their shoulder.

Last edited:
Antonio Brown and many others were not highly recruited. Tyreke Hill, etc . How do dumb as recruiters miss a mofo running a 4.3? TJ Watt was barely a 3 star recruit. So again, you saying a HBCU should not want a 2 Star kid? Who you think going to ND State? Was Wentz a big time recruit?
See, the players you refer to are not two star players. They are players who were overlooked. I don't know that any SWAC/MEAC coaches are looking for anything other than the best player they can get. The big schools can't get them all. As you say, there are 3 and four star players who get "missed".

Nobody wants a 2 Star anything.

That's a lie. Case in point is Alabama RB Josh Jacobs. He was no more than a 3 star and his first scholarship offer was from Grambling. He blew up during his senior year then Alabama offered him and Oklahoma offered after Alabama. Oftentimes it is about not making assumptions and not being lazy. A friend of mine went to a small high school in Louisiana that has a good football program. My friend was recruited to smaller Division I universities in Louisiana and Mississippi like LA Tech, ULL, ULM, Southern Miss, etc. He said Pete Richardson came to his high school to recruit his teammate and cousin. He said Pete Richardson called him by name and asked him (my friend) where was his cousin but never talked to him about a scholarship or playing at SU. My friend's cousin went to a JC and later a Big 12 school. And, my friend said he would've listened to Pete if he'd approached him about a scholarship offer.

Last edited:
That's a lie. Case in point is Alabama RB Josh Jacobs. He was no more than a 3 star and his first scholarship offer was from Grambling. He blew up during his senior year then Alabama offered him and Oklahoma offered after Alabama. Oftentimes it is about not making assumptions and not being lazy. A friend of mine went to a small high school in Louisiana that has a good football program. My friend was recruited to smaller Division I universities in Louisiana and Mississippi like LA Tech, ULL, ULM, Southern Miss, etc. He said Pete Richardson came to his high school to recruit his teammate and cousin. He said Pete Richardson called him by name and asked him (my friend) where was his cousin but never talked to him about a scholarship or playing at SU. My friend's cousin went to a JC and later a Big 12 school. And, my friend said he would've listened to Pete if he'd approached him about a scholarship offer.
I have no idea what you're talking about. You're debating against yourself.

Antonio Brown and many others were not highly recruited. Tyreke Hill, etc . How do dumb as recruiters miss a mofo running a 4.3? TJ Watt was barely a 3 star recruit. So again, you saying a HBCU should not want a 2 Star kid? Who you think going to ND State? Was Wentz a big time recruit?
Alcorn recruited and had signed Antonio Brown but because of grade issues that couldn't be resolved he had to leave. Don't know after spending a year at an academy if we went back to him or did he see his stock rise a little and decide to go to CMU.

That's a lie. Case in point is Alabama RB Josh Jacobs. He was no more than a 3 star and his first scholarship offer was from Grambling.
So the man makes a point about 2 star players and you come call him a lie and as your point you bring up a 3 star player? LOL

(I do disagree with him though).

So the man makes a point about 2 star players and you come call him a lie and as your point you bring up a 3 star player? LOL

(I do disagree with him though).
What is there to disagree? Ask any coach. Do they want a 2 or three star player? A three or four star player? You get the picture.

Last edited:
What is should there to disagree? Ask any coach. Do they want a 2 or three star player? A three or four star player? You get the picture.
if that's the question then they don't want 4 star players either.

Question - "Do you want a 4 or 5 star player?"

Coach - "5-star!!"

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Some of these negroes still stuck in segregation w/ their backwards mindset smgdh.

I'd be ALL over the next McCaffrey @ RB or a quick-strike QB w/ a gunslinger arm and makes WISE decisions w/ the ball who is being overlooked by big state U. They'll come in w/ a strong work ethic and a HUGE chip on their shoulder.
The SWAC has players now, and had them in the past. Still no NFL draft for some of them. Can we agree on that?

Those kind of players are going to other FCS schools. They aren't playing for coaches that have no credibility outside of the HBCU bubble

if that's the question then they don't want 4 star players either.

Question - "Do you want a 4 or 5 star player?"

Coach - "5-star!!"

Star rankings are for fans. Coaches laugh at the star ranking system because they know THEY as coaches drive those rankings based on who they offer and visit.

Those kind of players are going to other FCS schools. They aren't playing for coaches that have no credibility outside of the HBCU bubble

That's why they need to be competitively recruited. Hard. I'm not in the know how the recruiting process evolves at HBCUs but if what this one TxSt OL told me how 2 HBCU coaches approached him is the norm, I TRULY understand why none want to be bothered w/ the dummies attempting to "recruit." smh I was THOROUGHLY embarrassed as the future doctor told me certain things a past regime PV staffer told him and it was about as reverse-racist as reverse can get smmfh. Just dumb as horse shit. smh

Now for Football-it wouldn't matter. You see guys from HBCUs get drafted in the NFL. You don't see that as much in the NBA.

Basketball is a different beast-HBCUS don't play home games in OOC for the most part and are not playing cupcakes.

Put say Carmelo Anthony on JSU-he plays in OOC-Duke, Texas, North Carolina, Louisville, North Texas, Kansas, South Carolina, OU, OSU, Wisconsin & Butler. You got 2-9. You think the NBA will be interest in Carmelo if he dominates the SWAC? Yet gets manhandled by the OOC?
Have you looked at the NFL draft the past ten years? There have been years when not a single player from an HBCU was drafted. I suspect we have had less than one player per year on average drafted in the NFL. Basketball is not much better, if at all. I think it's worse.

Somehow, some of us think recruiting is more cerebral with some coaches than others. The Cupid Shuffle, riding in go carts with a player's sister seems to be a tactic among the biggest programs. With facilities like Alabama, Oregon, Michigan and Tennessee, all you need do is give a kid a tour. Kids will talk down HBCUs and their coaches to justify their decisions. There is nothing special about having a country dinner with a recruit and his family. Some of these kids want the glitz, glitter and girls at the bigger schools. Subconsciously, many want to be exploited by the bigger programs.

Last edited:
That's why they need to be competitively recruited. Hard. I'm not in the know how the recruiting process evolves at HBCUs but if what this one TxSt OL told me how 2 HBCU coaches approached him is the norm, I TRULY understand why none want to be bothered w/ the dummies attempting to "recruit." smh I was THOROUGHLY embarrassed as the future doctor told me certain things a past regime PV staffer told him and it was about as reverse-racist as reverse can get smmfh. Just dumb as horse shit. smh

You can do it, but convincing good white players to choose a black school certainly wont be anywhere near as easy as the other way around.

Somehow, some of us think recruiting is more cerebral with some coaches than others. The Cupid Shuffle, riding in go carts with a player's sister seems to be a tactic among the biggest programs. With facilities like Alabama, Oregon, Michigan and Tennessee, all you need do is give a kid a tour. Kids will talk down HBCUs and their coaches to justify their decisions. There is nothing special about having a country dinner with a recruit and his family. Some of these kids want the glitz, glitter and girls at the bigger schools. Subconsciously, many want to be exploited by the bigger programs.

I mean, you can't be mad at a kid for seeing Oregon's facilities then going to see Gramblings and wonder why they'd choose Oregon. And it doesn't even have to just be about facilities. If he chooses Oregon, he gets to play on prime time tv every game that has a good matchup against the top players in the country. He gets the best nutritionists, the best coaches and a cost of living stipend. Other than A&T, is there anyone that even gives the cost of living money? You could literally find a ton of reasons why those schools get the best players. I never really cared about going to any of those games and prior to a few years ago, the most electric game i'd been to was the magic city classic. Then... I went to an SEC championship game. The atmosphere was straight nuts. It's really not hard to see why they choose the way they do.

I mean, you can't be mad at a kid for seeing Oregon's facilities then going to see Gramblings and wonder why they'd choose Oregon. And it doesn't even have to just be about facilities. If he chooses Oregon, he gets to play on prime time tv every game that has a good matchup against the top players in the country. He gets the best nutritionists, the best coaches and a cost of living stipend. Other than A&T, is there anyone that even gives the cost of living money? You could literally find a ton of reasons why those schools get the best players. I never really cared about going to any of those games and prior to a few years ago, the most electric game i'd been to was the magic city classic. Then... I went to an SEC championship game. The atmosphere was straight nuts. It's really not hard to see why they choose the way they do.
Have you ever been to the Bayou Classic?

Back