Odums interested in McNeese State job according to reports

That is the exact reason he is applying elsewhere. He knows the sentiment. I like Big Worm and hope he stays. But I know he ain’t the fan favorite. These fans act like these kids hate playing for Odums or something.
Odums ain’t going anywhere lol. He applied for leverage.

That is the exact reason he is applying elsewhere. He knows the sentiment. I like Big Worm and hope he stays. But I know he ain’t the fan favorite. These fans act like these kids hate playing for Odums or something.
~snicker~
Yeah. We know why he's not a fan favorite, and we should be ashamed. We should show better support.

And I gave Odums his credit, what he has accomplished at SU, not many people could of, but the reality is Odums has Incentives ($$$) to win, so going to apply for other jobs should not be leverage for the Board to give him money he has not earned. You earn it on the field.

And now that he has no limitations (winning should not be a problem)

What I don't want is SU being like some of this DUMB ASS SWAC schools paying a Coach what he is not worth, then having to turn around fire him, then pay him and a NEW Coach

Last edited:
And lets be clear, SU is not firing Odums for losing the SWAC, Odums is looking for (jobs) which he had every right to do, but I think it's more of a SU I would like a pay increase move, then anything else

But the SU AND JSU Comparisons is very unfounded

And I gave Odums his credit, what he has accomplished at SU, not many people could of, but the reality is Odums has Incentives ($$$) to win, so going to apply for other jobs should not be leverage for the Board to give him money he has not earned. You earn it on the field.

What I don't want is SU being like some of this DUMB ASS SWAC schools paying a Coach what he is not worth, then having to turn around fire him, then pay him and a NEW Coach
We've been down that road before -- paying coaches to "sit". I think Odums has earned an increase in salary. He shouldn't have to earn another SWAC championship [We do want other championships]. He is a proven commodity. Heck! Odums should be rewarded for staying with the program. SWAC schools seem to think we have a much demanded commodity. Only to us. The truth of the matter is that many coaches at the bigger schools want no part of the SWAC. It is the "last stop" for far too many. Consistency, competitiveness and the graduation of athletes should be our goals. Southern had a chance at the Celebration Bowl. I'm an optimist. We will get there -- with Odums.

That was the base he started making in 2005. But he had other stuff in his contract like housing allowance that raised it to more. I think Odums has something similar that takes his salary close to or over $190k.
He and other head coaches since him have received the housing and car allowances.... we're talking about base salary.

Odums is obviously worth it.

After that homecoming lost I wanted Odums fired, but after the lost he made adjustments that I've never seen from him. I respect Coach O and I've seen he's grown as a head coach. Our future looks good and I believe he will get us to ATL sooner than later. Go Jags!! I seen some kids has already committed to play for us!

I personally think Odums doesn’t deserve a Pay Raise but I don’t want him to go just yet so if that’s what they have to do to keep him then do it

Folks like me, @SUjagTILLiDIE and others keep saying Odums'nem won nearly two-thirds of their games while under NCAA sanctions and kept Southern near the top of the conference mountain. Hell Jay Walker was on the SCG broadcast basically preaching on behalf of Odums.

A good bit of us understood that we were under sanctions. Next year, with nearly one-fourth of the roster moving into their fourth or fifth year in the program and a spring with Skelton as the No. 1 QB, there's a sense of optimism on The Bluff. Possibility of losing our DC after the D made a quantum leap forward, but thems the breaks.

Worm has every right to throw his name in the hat and see what's up. Hell, most of us look of job sites on our current jobs just to see what's shaking.

Last edited:

Lol!!! He doesn't pass the paper bag test.

Dude, Southern University Football is about winning Championships (conference and National titles as well as national footprints). You talk as if three of our most recent greatest coaches and band director (Roger Cador, Pete Richardson, Doc Greggs and Ben Jobe) didn't have longevity and isn't beloved. We don't give a shat about how you look. What we give a shat about is kicking azz and taking names. We have high expectation for our coaches. Coach O will be at S.U. for a long time providing he wins conference titles and National Championships. Every $%%^ an his mamma knows "it's tough on the bluff." Anything else relating to our athletic programs are myths and buffoonery.

Dude, Southern University Football is about winning Championships (conference and National titles as well as national footprints). You talk as if three of our most recent greatest coaches and band director (Roger Cador, Pete Richardson, Doc Greggs and Ben Jobe) didn't have longevity and isn't beloved. We don't give a shat about how you look. What we give a shat about is kicking azz and taking names. We have high expectation for our coaches. Coach O will be at S.U. for a long time providing he wins conference titles and National Championships. Every $%%^ an his mamma knows "it's tough on the bluff." Anything else relating to our athletic programs are myths and buffoonery.

You left off the Legendary Coach Mumford. What gets me, other HBCUs have hired individuals based on some paper bag test and were damn near ran out of business, but delusional mofos on here are always talking about Southern doing some shat like that. All Coach Odums needs to do is win championships, which should not be hard to do in the SWAC.

Last edited:

You left off the Legendary Coach Mumford. What gets me, other HBCUs have hired individuals based on some paper bag test and were damn ran out of business, but delusional mofos on here are always talking about Southern doing some shat like that. All Coach Odums needs to do is win championships, which should not be hard to do in the SWAC.

The man has put a decent product on the field considering his circumstances, including this year. I don't see what there is to complain about. If there are no valid complaints about his coaching, why complain about anything. Give the man time to win some championships. Other teams just have had better talent the last few years. If SU fans expect a championship every year that is just an unreal demand.

Reactions: J C
The man has put a decent product on the field considering his circumstances, including this year. I don't see what there is to complain about. If there are no valid complaints about his coaching, why complain about anything. Give the man time to win some championships. Other teams just have had better talent the last few years. If SU fans expect a championship every year that is just an unreal demand.

I don't think anyone on here is screaming that Odums has to go, since the thread is about his interest in the McNeese job. Sometimes we get so caught up in our emotional feelings that we take stuff completely out of proportion. The way I see it, when someone brought up the bizarre idea of passing some paper bag test, it tells me that it's their way of showing us how they really feel about their own insecurities.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone on here is screaming that Odums has to go, since the thread is about his interest in the McNeese job. Sometimes we get so caught up in our emotional feelings that we take stuff completely out of proportion. The way I see it, when someone brought up the bizarre idea of passing some paper bag test, it tells me that it's their way of showing us how they really feel about their own insecurities.
Damn right!

Back