TPs "EARLY" SWAC Predictions: Short Form

Dude, if a lot of guys are left from a championship team, they get benefit of doubt for preseason. has no bearing on the season.

I never said it does. What I am saying is they are a team to keep your eyes on. My pick is they will repeat as MEAC Champs. Are you crazy? LOL

Last edited:
We have the potential to go 9-2 simply because some teams who think they will be good, wont. BUT Im not going to predict that high right now. We have to work our way back up after having a program thats on the level or Southern or UAPB for the last 4 years.

Po TP. I got you guys in a best case scenario 3rd in the East and most probable 4th place.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Go look at PVs schedule. Tell me where you see more than 4 wins.

I do see your point, but beating SU at home, GSU in Dallas, and Alcorn for homecoming isn’t the unreachable star for PV. Again, I ain’t saying your wrong or debating that they will win more than 4,(they could possibly just win 2 this year, but it is possible for them win as well.

You really thing Valley will go 0-11? Why? They usually take down someone.

Po TP. I got you guys in a best case scenario 3rd in the East and most probable 4th place.

Thats because you have NO idea whats going on in jackson... For right now and what you know, 3rd is good. Thats where we were last year.

I do see your point, but beating SU at home, GSU in Dallas, and Alcorn for homecoming isn’t the unreachable star for PV. Again, I ain’t saying your wrong or debating that they will win more than 4,(they could possibly just win 2 this year, but it is possible for them win as well.

You really thing Valley will go 0-11? Why? They usually take down someone.

The only teams they might take down are TxSo and UAPB but I when I did schedules, I CHOSE an actual winner. I got TxSo and UAPB beating them right now. Just my prediction. It's still early but if Comegy couldnt win, I feel sorry for poor Vince...smh

It's still early but if Comegy couldnt win, I feel sorry for poor Vince...smh

Yeah. I just wish Comegy and the powers that were would have watered down the non conference schedule with lower tier FCS programs and NAIA teams instead of playing the Jacksonville State, Montana, NDSU and CSU’s of the world. I really wanted Comegy to win there, but he didn’t have a shot at changing the culture when the school was set up to get dragged before conference play. This isn’t basketball. If you get punched in the head more times than you need to get punched, you become punchy. Had Valley came into SWAC play with 2 non conference wins (no matter if it was W’s vs lower tier FCS or NAIAs) I believe they would have played with more fire and pulled out a 4-5 win overall season a few times. Oh well, I hope Vince gets them going. Valley being a better program is better for the entire conference.

For those hating on Jackson state, 6-5 to 7-4 are reasonable goals record wise for the tigers considering last season they were horrific in the red zone which cost the tigers at least 2-3 games in the swac last year… don't believe me, go back and look at tenn state, Grambling in the 2nd half, upab, and Alabama state all lost by careless untimely turnovers when momentum was on our side. At the least Jackson will get 6 wins next year.

Why are you over here trying to dupe people? LOL

Well, we did have to fill 3-4 holes on the offensive line, and holes at WLB and Rover/SS that needed special attention.

The pieces we got to fill in those positions will be well needed. Jax State ain't playing with their Clemson QB transfer.

1470533673858.gif

The crazy thing about HBCUGameday's list is that there are major names on A&T's roster that are left off that list. For example, although Sam Blue was 2nd on the team with 6.5 sacks, he's not likely to start at DE this year. He will be in 3rd down rotations and in Nickel/Dime formations, but he won't be out there to start series.

We got FBS-level depth on our DL, and secondary, with additions made this spring/summer.

Well, we did have to fill 3-4 holes on the offensive line, and holes at WLB and Rover/SS that needed special attention.

The pieces we got to fill in those positions will be well needed. Jax State ain't playing with their Clemson QB transfer.

LOL...I will certainly be pulling for you all against Jax State. I did get a birds eye view of that team in the Mercedes Benz dome a few months ago and know a good football team when I see it. Between you all and NCCU the last few years, it has been on the money.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The crazy thing about HBCUGameday's list is that there are major names on A&T's roster that are left off that list. For example, although Sam Blue was 2nd on the team with 6.5 sacks, he's not likely to start at DE this year. He will be in 3rd down rotations and in Nickel/Dime formations, but he won't be out there to start series.

We got FBS-level depth on our DL, and secondary, with additions made this spring/summer.

I plan to attend the Jax State/A&T game. It should be a good one. You are right about the Gamecocks,they will be bringing it.

Let me say this about A&T. I fully support you and I hope you win BUT I cant roll with A&T on this one. Grambling almost took you out. You bring back a GREAT nucleus but under a different HC and OC. That in itself is going to take a lil away from the Aggies. You all havent been able to really beat NCCU for years. Congrats on last year but Jacksonville State is a different type of beast. I got A&T down by 3 TDs by halftime.

Wish ya'll the best tho.
...and I look forward to the next JSU vs NCAT matchup!

For those hating on Jackson state, 6-5 to 7-4 are reasonable goals record wise for the tigers considering last season they were horrific in the red zone which cost the tigers at least 2-3 games in the swac last year… don't believe me, go back and look at tenn state, Grambling in the 2nd half, upab, and Alabama state all lost by careless untimely turnovers when momentum was on our side. At the least Jackson will get 6 wins next year.

With the offense we have now, we would have beat Alabama State, UAPB and TnState. Dare I say, we would have beat Grambling too! lol Our Qb last year was missing wide open receivers and could never hit a receiver in stride.

Last edited:
As good as JSU fans say they will be this season, they should have rescheduled Tuskegee. I'm sure they want to erase what happened last year.

I see ya'll are scared of big bad Skegee. I guess Skegee would have to wait 30 years before they'll see ya'll again, which is the typical of JSU. LMAO!!!
Just like McNeese had to wait and yall are in the same state. Another blowout coming and you know it.

Back