TPs "EARLY" SWAC Predictions: Short Form

Tigerpride

THE Logical ONE
Majority of the losses are from poor scheduling. We should only schedule teams that we have close to a 50:50 chance of beating. A lot of you are going to start out 0-6, 1-5, etc.... smh Most of these predicted (overall) records are worst case scenerio's. If I had to think too hard to convince myself team A could beat team B, I just gave that team A an "L".

WEST:
Grambling (9-2)
Southern (7-3)
Prairie View (4-7)
UAPB (4-7)
TxSo (2-9)

EAST:
Jackson State (7-4)
Alcorn (6-5)
Alabama State (3-8)
AAMU (3-8)
MS Valley (0-11)

SCG Prediction: Grambling vs Jackson State
(however, while less likely, any variation of JSU and Alcorn vs SU and GSU may be possible. Head to head will be important. Right now, I have GSU over SU and JSU will win two straight over Alcorn)

Happy Media Day. I'm sure they are going to go with Alcorn and MAYBE Alabama State over JSU. JSU still has a lot to prove.

Last edited:
West
1) Southern U. 9-2 (inclusive of SWAC Championship)
2) Grambling 9-2 Runner Up

East
1) Alcorn State 7-4
2) Alabama State 6-5

Majority of the losses are from poor scheduling. We should only schedule teams that we have close to a 50:50 chance of beating. A lot of you are going to start out 0-6, 1-5, etc.... smh Most of these predicted (overall) records are worst case scenerio's. If I had to think too hard to convince myself team A could beat team B, I just gave that team A an "L".

WEST:
Grambling (9-2)
Southern (7-4)
Prairie View (4-7)
UAPB (4-7)
TxSo (2-9)

EAST:
Jackson State (7-4)
Alcorn (6-5)
Alabama State (3-8)
AAMU (3-8)
MS Valley (0-11)

SCG Prediction: Grambling vs Jackson State
(however, while less likely, any variation of JSU and Alcorn vs SU and GSU may be possible. Head to head will be important. Right now, I have GSU over SU and JSU will win two straight over Alcorn)

Happy Media Day. I'm sure they are going to go with Alcorn and MAYBE Alabama State over JSU. JSU still has a lot to prove.
If you are predicting SU with 11 games, that means you have us playing in the SCG. We only have 10 regular season games.

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out the metrics used for these predictions. Are you comparing existing rosters head to head and coaching experience? You do realize there were a lot of changes in the SWAC this makes the upcoming season very interesting

I got Southern vs Bama St in Birmingham in the championship this year. My Jags vs Famu in the Celebration Bowl in Atlanta.

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out the metrics used for these predictions. Are you comparing existing rosters head to head and coaching experience? You do realize there were a lot of changes in the SWAC this makes the upcoming season very interesting
JSU has a winning record vs most of the teams on our schedule, so we are already better than them; automatic W's. And the ones we don't have a winning record against are struggling this year; possible W's. USM is the only school we really don't stand a chance against. The rest of the games are up for grabs. 7-4 is accurate.

JSU has a winning record vs most of the teams on our schedule, so we are already better than them; automatic W's. And the ones we don't have a winning record against are struggling this year; possible W's. USM is the only school we really don't stand a chance against. The rest of the games are up for grabs. 7-4 is accurate.
Really? Specify?

In the West, I feel whoever solves their QB quandary better between Southern and Grambling will win the division

Yawns.

TP's threads mean it's close to football season, and we are heading in the beginning stage of mad goofy statements being posted

I need a new sig.

Folks will be surprised.
With all these negative opinions, it shows that JSU is still the most hated school in the SWAC due to jealousy. That's understandable though. We'll give yall a pass.....for now.

Folks will be surprised.
With all these negative opinions, it shows that JSU is still the most hated school in the SWAC due to jealousy. That's understandable though. We'll give yall a pass.....for now.

You are not the most hated just the most dillusional when it comes to football. Folks just make y’all the but of football jokes because you make all these pre season predictions only to be disappointed.

Back